ADVERTISEMENT

Assistant Coaches

Good luck finding a top tier coach who is willing to sign a three year contract. Maybe you should become an Ole Miss fan, State law limits them to giving contracts no longer than four years.
I had a friend turn down a D1 head volleyball coach job because the school’s state only allowed a 2 year deal.

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Kind of surprised that Rhule already fired Ellis (nutrition) upon arrival in Lincoln for the presser. Not surprised that he also fired Dural (S&C) at the same time. Apparently they're the first two current staffers to immediately get the axe.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Kind of surprised that Rhule already fired Ellis (nutrition) upon arrival in Lincoln for the presser. Not surprised that he also fired Dural (S&C) at the same time. Apparently they're the first two current staffers to immediately get the axe.
Duval should have been fired when Frost was. He was probably the worst hire of the Frost time. So glad War Daddy is gone. Ellis is surprising, but man Duval sucked.

Beginning to look like there will be no one carried over from the previous staff of assistants/analysts. Sounds like Rhule is going to clean house thoroughly.
This staff was responsible for:

4-8 this year
3-9 last year

House cleaning imminent.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Beginning to look like there will be no one carried over from the previous staff of assistants/analysts. Sounds like Rhule is going to clean house thoroughly.
As he should. I'd still like to keep Busch, but Mickey seems to be asking way too much and the only other one I'd look at is Applewhite just to keep Ajay Allen. That is the one player we need to keep.

May be. But can't help think keeping on at leat one staff to help transition would be smart. Doesnt have to be Mickey or Busch....doesn't have to be a position coach. Maybe even one of the analyst like Brown....who knows how things operate. But Rhule now runs the show....if he says no one on staff is worthy to stay on.....per Trev...so it shall be

Reactions: BleedRed78
I had a friend turn down a D1 head volleyball coach job because the school’s state only allowed a 2 year deal.
In KS, school administrators can only have 3 year deals which is fine. What they do is add a year on each year one ends so you are always at the max. If for some reason they don't add that year, it's time to move on anyway.

I don't agree with your friends thinking unless he had tons of offers all over that were much better.

ADVERTISEMENT