ADVERTISEMENT

As much as I hate to admit....

Exactly. If the big games were still played outdoors end of season, the SEC would dominate until post season then drop off against teams like Meatchicken and OSU.

But so long as these big time games are played indoors, the advantage is clearly in favor of SEC teams...
Would be cool to see LSU come up to Lincoln (I can dream) or Ann Arbor in January to play a night game.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
Former slave states. They've got the population and mindset...
Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

• Haha
If Harrison doesn’t get hurt in the Georgia game then they are national champs - not to mention the RB’s they were missing. Remember Michigan played without their best player as well. Easily could have been an Ohio state Michigan final.

Most years the SEC is above the other conferences, at least in regards to the top teams. No surprise they've won so many nattys in the past 20 years or so. Though this year I'd argue the top two (probably top three) teams of the Big 10 and SEC weren't very far apart. Ohio State/Georgia is the only data we have in that regard. Without boneheaded coaching late in the game and/or without losing Marvin Harrison Jr. the Buckeyes likely beat Georgia.

But again I'll admit that most years the SEC is above the rest. I just find it hilarious when Arkansas or Vanderbilt fans or whatever crappy SEC team takes credit for whatever Georgia and Alabama do. It's the equivalent of Rutgers fans cheering for the Big 10 when Ohio State won a Natty in 2014, lol.

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like the ones who claimed that the SEC was better than the other conferences were right. The top 4 SEC teams, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, and Alabama could beat the top teams of any other conferences and they actually proved it on the field by dominating their opponents.

To be honest, Tennessee and Alabama looked to be more deserving of being in the playoffs than TCU.
Who actually claimed the SEC wasn't better than other conferences?

Ohio State most definitely, but the team that beat them by 3 TDs would probably get worn down by Georgia? I disagree. The way Michigan spanked Ohio State and Penn State this year (by far the 2nd and 3rd best Big teams this year), proves that they had the talent to hang with any SEC team. Their loss to TCU should be noted as one of the biggest choke jobs in a long time - maybe decades.
You realize that Ohio State actually played Georgia right? So I’ll probably take a head to head matchup vs a comparing similar opponents as proof.

Also tOSU looked better than UGA in their match-up. It took all the refs and a shanked FG to put Georgia in the title.

It would be interesting to see how Penn State, the 3rd best team in the B1G would compare to LSU, the 3rd best SEC team that absolutely ran Purdue off the field. I'm not suggesting Penn State would get blown out, but I have a feeling LSU would probably get the win.
3rd best team in SEC would have been Tennessee or Bama since Tennessee beat them..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT