ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona to big 12

I doubt Arizona could go anywhere without ASU.
Maybe, maybe not. Though an NU grad and fan I have much deeper roots to ASU and significant ties to the UofA. I don’t know anything about the current Regents makeup but these two institutions are anything but bosom buddies extending back 50 years or more when ASU was playing catch-up programmatically to the UofA and believed they were blocked at every turn. Especially at the AZ Legislature.

One catch though would be preserving the annual football game.

Last edited:
Well people always said that about Texas and Texas A&M before A&M jumped by itself. And they said it about Oklahoma and Oklahoma State before Oklahoma jumped. It's a new world.
Sounds like Arizona would prefer ASU to join them .

Reactions: baseball31ne
Well people always said that about Texas and Texas A&M before A&M jumped by itself. And they said it about Oklahoma and Oklahoma State before Oklahoma jumped. It's a new world.
Except for the fact that AZ and ASU are similar to NU and UNO. Both are governed by 1 board of regents. If you were on the board would you want to deal with separate conferences or 1

Except for the fact that AZ and ASU are similar to NU and UNO. Both are governed by 1 board of regents. If you were on the board would you want to deal with separate conferences or 1
Is UNO in the B1G?

I think you answered your own question

Reactions: 250vertical
Is UNO in the B1G?

You totally missed my point. Point is UA and ASU are governed by the same board of regents....just like unl, uno, unk and umnc. Easier for NU than it would be for ASU and UA. Since those 2 schools are in same conference and div 1 probably a lot harder for them. Ok??

Reactions: OzzyLvr
It’s ironic. Several years ago the PAC had an opportunity to invite Ok, Ok St, Tex, and Tex Tech. This could have solidified the PAC’s future and totally destroyed the Big 12. They chose not to invite those schools due mainly to the PAC’s inflated ego regarding their academic superiority.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. The Big 12 ( with help from the B1G) has a chance to potentially destroy the PAC. And they will do it. The PAC’s ego is ultimately going to be what destroyed them.

Are we ready for a B1G vs Big 12 matchup in the Rose Bowl every year?

It’s ironic. Several years ago the PAC had an opportunity to invite Ok, Ok St, Tex, and Tex Tech. This could have solidified the PAC’s future and totally destroyed the Big 12. They chose not to invite those schools due mainly to the PAC’s inflated ego regarding their academic superiority.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. The Big 12 ( with help from the B1G) has a chance to potentially destroy the PAC. And they will do it. The PAC’s ego is ultimately going to be what destroyed them.

I was always skeptical of Texas and OU going to the Pac 10...I think Texas was just flexing. Never bought it.

Is UNO in the B1G?

They have 1 board governing both schools 🏫 . It would be better and easier if both ASU and Arizona would be in the same conference That is the point OP was making. Why do you have to be so difficult and a Smart ass about everything.

I can’t wait. What’s a Rose Bowl?

Reactions: 54T
You totally missed my point. Point is UA and ASU are governed by the same board of regents....just like unl, uno, unk and umnc. Easier for NU than it would be for ASU and UA. Since those 2 schools are in same conference and div 1 probably a lot harder for them. Ok??
In 2010 Larry Scott (PAC commish) offered Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. and damn near got them by allowing Texas to keep a regional profile for the Longhorn network. Texas pulled the plug on the whole deal. Scott took Colorado and Utah. Nebraska split for the BIg 10.
In 2011 Larry Scott offered Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Kansas membership (the PAC presidents/chancellors made Scott offer Kansas instead of Oklahoma St.) Texas again pulled plug on the whole deal. Texas A&M and Missouri split for the SEC.
In 2013 (I think) Boren tried to take Oklahoma along with Oklahoma St. to the PAC - no Texas or anyone else. At the last hour, the PAC presidents/Chancellors killed it - No Texas No deal. Boren looked like a jackass - Oklahoma was humiliated. Stoops wanted in the PAC.

In 2010 Larry Scott (PAC commish) offered Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. and damn near got them by allowing Texas to keep a regional profile for the Longhorn network. Texas pulled the plug on the whole deal. Scott took Colorado and Utah. Nebraska split for the BIg 10.
In 2011 Larry Scott offered Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Kansas membership (the PAC presidents/chancellors made Scott offer Kansas instead of Oklahoma St.) Texas again pulled plug on the whole deal. Texas A&M and Missouri split for the SEC.
In 2013 (I think) Boren tried to take Oklahoma along with Oklahoma St. to the PAC - no Texas or anyone else. At the last hour, the PAC presidents/Chancellors killed it - No Texas No deal. Boren looked like a jackass - Oklahoma was humiliated. Stoops wanted in the PAC.
Arizona State and Utah are next for the Big 12 . Reporting talks are ramping up.

It’s hilarious when Big Ten ass lickers bring up the “Big 8 sucked besides Oklahoma and Nebraska” argument. As if the entire world hasn’t viewed the Blowhard Ten as a two-team conference for the past 60 years.

Until about 16 months ago...it was a one team conference. Jimmy finally got Michigan rollin...but before that time, Michigan somehow got remembered for being better than it really was.

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT