ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona grad transfer QB....

That's probably what it is. They probably saw one practice without pads from POB and Gebbia without pads and went, "That's it, we need a grad transfer immediately."
These coaches do this day in day out 24/7 365. I have little doubt that they could determine if a QB is going to fit their system in a very short amount of time. Using only video of previous playing time, work outs, and yes maybe even 1 practice.
I have no idea how aggressively they are going after him. If they are seriously going after another QB. The most logical reason is they feel they need a QB that can start now.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
These coaches do this day in day out 24/7 365. I have little doubt that they could determine if a QB is going to fit their system in a very short amount of time. Using only video of previous playing time, work outs, and yes maybe even 1 practice.
I have no idea how aggressively they are going after him. If they are seriously going after another QB. The most logical reason is they feel they need a QB that can start now.
100% agree. Any time of day they give this guy means it's an absolute lock he starts every game because they have already decided all the other QBs are trash.

Reactions: husker2612

100% agree. Any time of day they give this guy means it's an absolute lock he starts every game because they have already decided all the other QBs are trash.

Let’s not jump to any conclusions just yet.

A bit extreme, but if they are pursuing another QB,especially one that can only play 1 year, then it should be a bit of a red flag on pob and Gebia.

Last edited:
Simple insurance, imo. I'd say the likelihood of keeping both POB and Geb on this roster are pretty low. Especially if POB isn't starting. How long do you expect him to stick around if he's not playing? Not like he completely sucks, he can play for somebody if it turns out not to be us.
This could be a very real possibility. I would guess Martinez will Redshirt. Vedral Is out until next year. That would leave Karl Reid, (didn't know was on team),Andrew Bunch, Gebbia, and POB as Option. If POB would end up transferring. Would definitely need another QB as back up option at that point.

Last edited:
A bit extreme, but if they are pursuing another QB,especially one that can only play 1 year, then it should be a bit of a red flag on pob and Gebia.
Possibly but to run the number of practice stations the coaches want you need a bunch og QB's. As it stands if a couple get dinged even a little there's a problem.

Possibly but to run the number of practice stations the coaches want you need a bunch og QB's. As it stands if a couple get dinged even a little there's a problem.

Interesting, very good point, i'll hold off panic mode for now. Thanks for the info, i recall frost said he likes 5 scholarship qbs, for depth and practices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT