ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona grad transfer QB....

wonder why? He would get 1 year of eligibility no? I am guessing there about a 1% chance he plays over the 3 qbs on campus. Unless they would move him to another position wr maybe?

I don't think a guy transfers for his final year of eligibility to ride the bench, but I also don't think the staff has a feel yet for what they have on the roster either.

edit, this is actually really good and seems like a good fit for Frost's system.
Gebbia & POB can't run like this.

Last edited:
In 7 games he completed 61% of his passes with 5 TDs and 4 INTs. Idk if SF wants I say go for it but I got burned so bad with Tanner that I hesitate to get my hopes up.

Reactions: spinner4
Looks like he had a bad game against Utah, threw 3 interceptions.. he didn't start after that

he single handedly lost that game. zona was the better team.

I would argue that UofA was the better team than Utah... Curious your thoughts here... Both 7-6...Similar out of conf schedules... Utah played 3 top 20 teams losing all by a combined 9 points (Stanford, Washington, USC) while UofA played the bottom teams of the Pac in conference (Cal and Oregon State) with USC being the only ranked opponent... Utah also IIRC happened to be the only Pac team to win a bowl game... UofA lost to Utah by 6... Granted Dawkins didnt have a good game with the 4 turnovers but he also made enough plays to put his team into position. Field goal kicker missed twice so to say he single handedly lost it is....

Kid played ok in 2016 against
#9 Wasington 19-31 for 167 w/ 1 TD/1 INT and carried 13 times for 176 yards and 2 TDs
# 24 Utah 11-20 for 243 w/ 1 TD /1 INT and carried 14 times for 50 yards and a TD...

If Frost thinks its a good fit then bring him in.....

So, the reason Dawkins is leaving is because Khalil Tate took over after Dawkins was injured in the Colorado game. Tate had a record game and Dawkins never got his job back.

Most UofA fans here in Tucson were pretty excited about the program once Tate took over. I didn't follow the Wildcats at all, but I did pay attention when people started talking about Tate. Tate is basically a demigod down here.

I would argue that UofA was the better team than Utah... Curious your thoughts here... Both 7-6...Similar out of conf schedules... Utah played 3 top 20 teams losing all by a combined 9 points (Stanford, Washington, USC) while UofA played the bottom teams of the Pac in conference (Cal and Oregon State) with USC being the only ranked opponent... Utah also IIRC happened to be the only Pac team to win a bowl game... UofA lost to Utah by 6... Granted Dawkins didnt have a good game with the 4 turnovers but he also made enough plays to put his team into position. Field goal kicker missed twice so to say he single handedly lost it is....

Kid played ok in 2016 against
#9 Wasington 19-31 for 167 w/ 1 TD/1 INT and carried 13 times for 176 yards and 2 TDs
# 24 Utah 11-20 for 243 w/ 1 TD /1 INT and carried 14 times for 50 yards and a TD...

If Frost thinks its a good fit then bring him in.....

im just saying i bet utah, watched the entire game, and was lucky as hell to win. Dawkins in the hurry up was a disaster.

Did he ever have a good game? 15 TD & 12 Picks in his career @UA . Seems like Deja Vu. QBs that throw a ton of picks don’t suddenly stop throwing a ton of picks.
I don't have an answer for you there. I thought the highlight film was impressive, but for sure they don't put the bad plays in those. Just doing a bit of research like everyone else. I'm good with whatever coach decides to do.

I wonder how many of his picks were when he was rolling to his left and throwing back across his body. I bet most of them were on that play call. Very dangerous throws. But if a coach knows a kid has trouble throwing that ball and keeps calling that play then I dint blame the kid as much as the coach.

all depends on what Frost and Verduzco think they have in Gebbia and Obrien. If they have serious doubts then this kid may be a more effective bridge to either Martinez or Vedral in 2019. If they are optimistic about either then there is no reason to even consider the kid and either one (Gebbia or Obrien) could be a multi year starter for Neb.

I don't think a guy transfers for his final year of eligibility to ride the bench, but I also don't think the staff has a feel yet for what they have on the roster either.

edit, this is actually really good and seems like a good fit for Frost's system.
Gebbia & POB can't run like this.
If Frost and staff are really going after this guy as a potential starter. To me that says they have very little trust in POB or Gebbia and need a starter or a solid back up to Martinez.
If Pob and or Gebbia were seriously in the mix plus having Martinez. I really don't see the point of him coming here.

all depends on what Frost and Verduzco think they have in Gebbia and Obrien. If they have serious doubts then this kid may be a more effective bridge to either Martinez or Vedral in 2019. If they are optimistic about either then there is no reason to even consider the kid and either one (Gebbia or Obrien) could be a multi year starter for Neb.

Exactly. This will tell us a lot about where TG and POB stand.

Tuco right, seems he is reaching out to Nebraska.

We’ve only had one practice,really doubt the staff has made a decision on whether TG or POB can’t run their offense.

I haven’t read a story that says Nebraska reached out to him just that he reached out to them.
This would make more sense than them going after him. I just don't see them wanting to take another roster spot with a qb at this point. Unless they have very little hope with the other 2. Which if in this short amount of time they have already determined those 2 are not going to work, then yes we are in a world of hurt with only Martinez as an option. lol

Kid has some wheels and plays very fast but he throws a terrible ball. I'm not sure I want to cringe every time the ball is thrown..

This would make more sense than them going after him. I just don't see them wanting to take another roster spot with a qb at this point. Unless they have very little hope with the other 2. Which if in this short amount of time they have already determined those 2 are not going to work, then yes we are in a world of hurt with only Martinez as an option. lol

Highly doubt we're in that position. I think this is a kid looking for a place to start and considering we're very inexperienced at the position I'd say we were on his radar.

Given the ridiculous conference road schedule (How does Iowa almost always have a much easier schedule?) I can’t see any point in a one year transfer. We’ll be lucky to finish much over .500 anyway, so hopefully the team will spend the year developing a couple long term qb alternatives.

Reactions: saluno22
In 7 games he completed 61% of his passes with 5 TDs and 4 INTs. Idk if SF wants I say go for it but I got burned so bad with Tanner that I hesitate to get my hopes up.
In 3 years, he had 15 TD's and 12 interceptions. After last year,
why in hell would you even look at someone with the stats.
Must be something Frost is doing to keep the others motivated,
knowling this guy is not going to be with DONU!

In 3 years, he had 15 TD's and 12 interceptions. After last year,
why in hell would you even look at someone with the stats.
Must be something Frost is doing to keep the others motivated,
knowling this guy is not going to be with DONU!

Where does it say Frost is doing anything with this?

Reactions: saluno22
Longshot at best. Would have been nice had he graduated fall semester and then came to Nebraska, at least he'd have spring ball to work and get a better look. I don't think we'll see him in a Husker uni.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_1eb8e36a-311a-11e8-8842-f7771089131f.html
Looks to be more interest from Frost and Co than we first thought. They seem to be pursuing him. This could be a big red flag on POB and Gebia and their capabilities to run this offense. Unless this kid is just blowing our interest in him out of proportion.
That's probably what it is. They probably saw one practice without pads from POB and Gebbia without pads and went, "That's it, we need a grad transfer immediately."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT