ADVERTISEMENT

Aranda rumor

There are only going to be 2 premier conferences in college football going forward. We are in one of them.

The chance to coach in a premier conference and be one of the Top 10 highest-paid coaches in the nation, would be tough to dismiss I would think.

Money doesn't mean results. The B1G has largely been a joke this year.

You just exposed yourself as a jackass. You pretty much explicitly call the administration / fans racits, you get called out, and you have nothing. Get lost loser.
I hate to agree, but yeah. He pretty much had a chance to maybe just say, "You know, that was a stupid post"...and everyone would have just moved on. Instead, he doubled down here on that stupid post. Kind of a jackass move.

You just exposed yourself as a jackass. You pretty much explicitly call the administration / fans racits, you get called out, and you have nothing. Get lost loser.

Aranda has been a coordinator through almost two decades of coaching. He has only a couple seasons as a HC and one ofthose was the shortened Covid season.
Would I be happy with Aranda, particularly if he can bring his buddy Tom Herman onboard as an OC? Heck yes. With Mickey onboard as well that could be a pretty impressive staff.
But I want to know there was a hard no from Urban Meyer first. Meyer would be the one guy that can turn this program around within a year and set a very strong foundation.
Urban has a VERY good gig now with low stress and no prohibition on partying. Why in the hell would he take the NU job and have to work his ass off under a microscope.

Reactions: Truewooper
One argument I would make against hiring a guy who has only a one or two years of HC experience on a winning team is they are winning using the ex-coaches players. Bo pelini looked really good in year two with Callahan's players (particularly Suh). It was all downhill from there. Frost looked good at UCF but only because he walked into a great situation with Mckenzie Milton, etc.
I would rather we hire someone that has shown they can build from scratch or at least sustain the level of success the way that Lincoln Riley did at OU or Ryan appears to be doing at OSU.
It’s the same thing with many things in business and life. Do you go with the established investment that is steady but maybe not great or do you shoot for the stars with something that appears to have a higher ceiling. Personally I’m shooting for the stars. Aranda has recruited very well but you don’t know if he can repeat that NU.

I wonder if Baylor would elevate Grimes if we poached Aranda…if that was the case, and I want so emphasize this would be my dream scenario, but bring in Aranda as a HC, Herman as his OC…BOOM!

I wonder if Baylor would elevate Grimes if we poached Aranda…if that was the case, and I want so emphasize this would be my dream scenario, but bring in Aranda as a HC, Herman as his OC…BOOM!

What’s the connection between Aranda and Herman?

Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day didn’t build anything from scratch they both inherited a wealth of great athletes, I will give them credit they both maintained the talent level unlike a former unnamed coach
You do know the meaning of the word OR, right?
I would rather we hire someone that has shown they can build from scratch OR at least sustain the level of success the way that Lincoln Riley did at OU or Ryan appears to be doing at OSU.

It’s the same thing with many things in business and life. Do you go with the established investment that is steady but maybe not great or do you shoot for the stars with something that appears to have a higher ceiling. Personally I’m shooting for the stars. Aranda has recruited very well but you don’t know if he can repeat that NU.
I'd be happy with Aranda overall. However, the track record just isn't as established as someone like Urban Meyer. Most of us want a sure thing at this point and know that NU is at a dangerous crossroads now. They have become the worst team in the Big 10 and potentilly the most expendable.

I'd be happy with Aranda overall. However, the track record just isn't as established as someone like Urban Meyer. Most of us want a sure thing at this point and know that NU is at a dangerous crossroads now. They have become the worst team in the Big 10 and potentilly the most expendable.
Given Urban’s issues before he left OSU and then at Miami, I’m not sure he would be a sure thing.

We aren’t going to get a perfect coach. That is why I named my criteria choices. Any coach that has built a program and succeeded at a high level are not going to be available. The only 2 I think fit that bill that MIGHT come given the right situation are Urbs and Fickell. Every other coach of that caliber is in the SEC or other southern conference kicking ass and taking names.

So we are either taking a retread, a coordinator, or a guy with a limited track record (BOB, Rhule, Leipold, Aranda, Chadwell, etc). I don’t want to take a coach that has done well but is average and has a clear ceiling (Fleck, Campbell, etc).

They had the 30th ranked D and the best offense in the history of CFB. For them to be #30 is amazing considering their QB threw like 60 tds in a season and 5600 yards.
Also almost every team will have cycles of talent, plus the margin at the top is generally slim. Lot of peripheral factors can play a roles in the outcomes.

Reactions: c3o
I’ve named him several times. I would take him in heartbeat even IF he wanted to bring Tim Beck with him. I think the job Beck did as our OC was WAY under appreciated given the situation he was dealing with
Here is a ittle clue for you. Tim beck sucked ass. I will take the coach, but not that POS.

Here is a ittle clue for you. Tim beck sucked ass. I will take the coach, but not that POS.
Why was he a POS? He sucked at media interviews but the guy could recruit. He was a very good recruiter and IMO a much better play caller than he gets credit for. I thought considering that he had a lunatic screaming in his headset when he was trying to call plays that he did a good job. Imagine if he would have had a healthy QB who could pass accurately what he could have done. He had a crappy center in front of his QB for several years and yet somehow we moved the ball. 10-3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT