ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently, the "O" Street Gang, the Husker boosters, and everybody else have bent over.

Remember the last time we let our newly hired coach stay for the bowl game......I agree. Unacceptable. 17 days of recruiting out the window. Whenever the patriots or bama win titles bellichick and Saban are pissed because they are weeks behind in scouting/recruiting

I’m not thrilled. I’ll get over it. You will too. Let’s pour a frosty one and celebrate the hire and not being Tennessee.

Tennessee is the classic value stock right now. Buy low.

This is wrong. Period

Frost coaching UCF in the Bowl Game is straight up wrong.

I said it.

Ban me. Again.

I thought it would at least be our first game before wankers started dissing on Frost on trivial stuff. Guess I was wrong.

Special year at UCF. Let them finish it. Can’t fault Frost for using the leverage he had coming in.

They can bang the phones and make strategic visits in parallel...which evidence is showing they are already doing...

What if Frost made the request when he was being courted? If Moos says “no go” and we lose him because of it, Moos is roasted.

If Frost moves quickly on recruiting, after the early signing period, there isn’t much urgently that he needs to do. Let him be loyal to the guys who have given blood, sweat and tears.

I'm done posting in this thread. Pretty sure my view has been made.

One thing about me is, you could be the Sultan of Brunai, and I don't give a ph&***

GBR

My understanding is Troy Walters is the interim coach at UCF and Scott will be involved with the gameplanning for the Bowl Game...can't imagine him and his staff won't be fully invested in the recruiting process to NU

He offered a 4-star QB an hour after his hiring was announced. The bowl season is a dead period anyway. It's going to be OK guys.

And it seems like it's earning him respect from his future players:

You realize there is a dead period right? He’ll be a figure head. This is the right thing to do the only way you don’t get this is because you either haven’t coached in your life or you weren’t good at it.

I’m actually glad our coach loves his players this much because he’ll love his Huskers this much. The current Huskers will respect him even more.

I'm done posting in this thread. Pretty sure my view has been made.

One thing about me is, you could be the Sultan of Brunai, and I don't give a ph&***

GBR
Were you privy to the discussions between Frost and Moos?

If Frost says it’s a deal breaker if he can’t coach in the bowl game, do you walk away?

Frost coaching UCF in the Bowl Game is straight up wrong.

I said it.

Ban me. Again.
I see both sides. But, I overwhelmingly agree with Scott coaching that last game. People often talk about reading people. If you looked into Scotts eyes, you saw the pain. You saw what it is to let go... and how hard that can be.

Those guys were Scott's. Vetted, approached, met and offered. It isn't like madden. Personal attachments happen, when you love what you do. Conversely, when you love what you do, personal attachments happen.

Let Scott cone to peace. Let him get closure.he deserves that

Reactions: huskerj12
I see both sides. But, I overwhelmingly agree with Scott coaching that last game. People often talk about reading people. If you looked into Scotts eyes, you saw the pain. You saw what it is to let go... and how hard that can be.

Those guys were Scott's. Vetted, approached, met and offered. It isn't like madden. Personal attachments happen, when you love what you do. Conversely, when you love what you do, personal attachments happen.

Let Scott cone to peace. Let him get closure.he deserves that
The pain is greater than the strain.

Reactions: Huskercigar
Remember the last time we let our newly hired coach stay for the bowl game......I agree. Unacceptable. 17 days of recruiting out the window. Whenever the patriots or bama win titles bellichick and Saban are pissed because they are weeks behind in scouting/recruiting
Could be worse. We could still have Smilin' Mike or hiring some sort of Plan "C" guy you had to google.

Reactions: RiLLLLLLLLey
Nope....historic year for UCF and he deserves to see it through. We are playing the long game with this hire. An extra month will not make a difference in 2021.

This is horrific please ban yourself until our next championship win

If you haven't paid any attention to what Frost has been saying for weeks or comments he has made in the past... the type of person he is and why was successful at UCF you would all know why he must coach UCF for their bowl game if Nebraska wants to get a head start in being good next year.

My understanding is Troy Walters is the interim coach at UCF and Scott will be involved with the gameplanning for the Bowl Game...can't imagine him and his staff won't be fully invested in the recruiting process to NU

I think this is probably the most accurate way to put it. The NCAA has a bazillion rules about practices, meetings, recruiting, etc. dictating every dumb little thing, and I don't see how he could be recruiting and meeting players as Nebraska's head coach but also performing similar duties at UCF. He's going to help with the game plan, but his role will most likely be different in that bowl game than others this season. I have feeling it will be addressed at the press conference tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT