ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching the USA and LaCry James!

Thor played high school some where in Omaha and he’s been tearing it up, big shot over LaCry taking the lead with :20..

Thor played high school some where in Omaha and he’s been tearing it up, big shot over LaCry taking the lead with :20..
Born in Omaha but I think he moved away at a young age.

I’ll happily admit I was rooting for the South Sudanese to pull the upset. James flexing at them reminded me of when Wisconsin’s Tyler Wahl flexed at the Colgate pep band.

Superstars without respect for opponents. Playing disrespectfully and this is the result. Should have been a loss. Tell me how soft the league has become without calling it soft, this game will be the new standard of examples.

That said, fricking 1,000% respect for the men playing their asses off for their nation today. South Sudan team, you men have earned respect for your nation and yourselves, at least from me.

1-12 from the arc.. Lazy defense being out hustled, and LaBron constantly is crying nothing changes with that guy.. He isn’t the GOAT.
He scored the winning point, but he is well past being a good defender. South Sudan's guard who played at Radford and Virginia and had a great game scored a one-on-one lay-up on LeBron. A LAY-UP! Jrue Holiday and Derrick White are going to have to save his butt on D.

How in the hell is he able to hold the Lakers hostage? Drafting Bronny is the least of their worries. How he handcuffs the team by controlling everything that takes place on the team is a much bigger factor. Why would anyone pay a 40-year-old 97 million over the next two years? It also has that has the protentional to increase to 115 million. It tells me Jeanie Buss is ok with just making a lot of money and really doesn't care if her Lakers are a title contender or not.

Last edited:
He scored the winning point, but he is well past being a good defender. South Sudan's guard who played at Radford and Virginia and had a great game scored a one-on-one lay-up on LeBron. A LAY-UP! Jrue Holiday and Derrick White are going to have to save his butt on D.

How in the hell is he able to hold the Lakers hostage? Drafting Bronny is the least of their worries. How he handcuffs the team by controlling everything that takes place on the team is a much bigger factor. Why would anyone pay a 40-year-old 97 million over the next two years? It also has that has the protentional to increase to 115 million. It tells me Jeanie Buss is ok with just making a lot of money and really doesn't care if her Lakers are a title contender or not.
I heard that just having LeBron on the team makes the Lakers a ton of money. Can't remember why. Probably merchandise sales and their local tv contract.

Obviously, LeBron was a monster in his prime. In today's NBA, he is still difficult to stop. Even though he's lost a step, he can still bull his way in for a layup. And if anyone touches him, it's a foul.

• Love
Reactions: kakdawg
Didn't and won't watch a second, but Lebron scored a late layup to seal the win.
Not a problem even though the USA was about a 43-46 point FAVORITE.
I think a lot of money could be made betting against this "talented" USA group (can't call them a team, can we?) I bet they haven't covered a game yet and I doubt they will unless the books are forced to make some serious point spread adjustments.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I watched the 4th quarter. Heard an announcer say that this might be Team USA's most talented roster and almost turned the channel.
That’s really laughable.. In today’s society we get told things that are facts but all their doing in my opinion is telling you the sky is GREEN when it’s actually always been BLUE..

Bird, Jordan and Magic would spank this week minded team..

That’s really laughable.. In today’s society we get told things that are facts but all their doing in my opinion is telling you the sky is GREEN when it’s actually always been BLUE..

Bird, Jordan and Magic would spank this week minded team..
There's certainly an age bias going with with regard to how the NBA is viewed. The "NBA media" is bloggers, Youtubers, young reporters working on the cheap, and some older guys who don't want to seem out of touch. Today's players are more talented they say. Today's style of play is more entertaining they say. It's incorrect, but take that opinion onto an NBA Reddit and you'll be buried in criticism and ridicule.

Because he's the biggest draw in basketball and fans come to see him STILL. Drafting Bronny is nothing in the big picture of things. I guarantee you the biggest Lakers fan couldn't name their last 5 second round picks. Its only a problem now because it's Bronny and LeBron.

97 million over 2 years is a discount compared to what he is worth to a team in terms or revenue. Name alone makes him worthy of money. Him simply still being must see baskeball is the bottom line. Do I expect them to win a title with him again? No I don't but the Bronny pick will have nothing to do with that either way.

Holla

Reactions: Huskers123456
There's certainly an age bias going with with regard to how the NBA is viewed. The "NBA media" is bloggers, Youtubers, young reporters working on the cheap, and some older guys who don't want to seem out of touch. Today's players are more talented they say. Today's style of play is more entertaining they say. It's incorrect, but take that opinion onto an NBA Reddit and you'll be buried in criticism and ridicule.

I think the players are much more SKILLED than the Bird, Magic, and Jordan era was. I don't think they are mentally as tough and probably are physically as tough either. That said to ignore their skill level would be an error. These guys today can do things that was extremely rare if not impossible 35 years ago. It's just the truth.

Holla

I think the players are much more SKILLED than the Bird, Magic, and Jordan era was. I don't think they are mentally as tough and probably are physically as tough either. That said to ignore their skill level would be an error. These guys today can do things that was extremely rare if not impossible 35 years ago. It's just the truth.

Holla
I would agree that there is a lot more better outside shooters than during that era.. Skill set maybe quicker, but Pete Maravich in his prime still a better ball handler and passer as good as anyone playing today..

Holla

They arent more skilled the rules have changed.

Thats all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT