ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone listen to the radio broadcast?

Chief Wiggum

Sophomore
Sep 29, 2001
If so, I am curious to hear what the tenor was? Did Davison openly opine for his good buddy Frost, or were they more subdued?

If so, I am curious to hear what the tenor was? Did Davison openly opine for his good buddy Frost, or were they more subdued?
I listened to it a little bit. At times Davison sounded pissed off. Sharp sounded depressed and frustrated.

I didn't hear if Davison talked about Frost.

Listened to it. Davison was resigned to the fact that we suck but didn't seem mad like he has in the past. He seemed to really be trying to temper his remarks.

I think that you could take it as he either knows there's a good chance Frost is coming and bashing the program isn't necessary to bring about change anymore or he doesn't know what's going to happen and apathy has set in with him, too.

So, I don't think you can take much away from his demeanor during the game.

Reactions: saluno22
Listened to it. Davison was resigned to the fact that we suck but didn't seem mad like he has in the past. He seemed to really be trying to temper his remarks.

I think that you could take it as he either knows there's a good chance Frost is coming and bashing the program isn't necessary to bring about change anymore or he doesn't know what's going to happen and apathy has set in with him, too.

It was toned down.
Yep, it was about as middle of the road broadcast as you could expect for the situation during the time I listened to it (until about 6 minutes left in the game).

Then again, Davison probably didn't want to overexert himself: He has a basketball broadcast in the early afternoon today.

Davison 2nd guessed every call and whined. Post game was "everyone feel sorry for Matt session"
I wonder if when Scooty Pooh gets here that will change??? Also, I am guessing Benning will not have local kids on to commit to Iowa with an Osborne-approved pick at the helm? Too bad Osborne's supposed respect for the program could not trickle down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trwebe

Or he got a talking to from his bosses.

I listened to it a little bit. At times Davison sounded pissed off. Sharp sounded depressed and frustrated.

I didn't hear if Davison talked about Frost.
Listened to the Minnesota broadcast. Davison was openly annoyed with the late timeouts Riley was calling, saying that they should just run the ball and get out of there. I agree 100%. Bush league to call a timeout in the final seconds down big.

They also have issue with the lack of substituting at certain spots. Again, I have to agree. Gotta let the subs play, especially when the starters are getting steam rolled. Instead, they continue to sit the bench and then we fans wonder why there isn't better talent development among the younger prospects.

Reactions: Bugeater
Davison 2nd guessed every call and whined. Post game was "everyone feel sorry for Matt session"
I wonder if when Scooty Pooh gets here that will change??? Also, I am guessing Benning will not have local kids on to commit to Iowa with an Osborne-approved pick at the helm? Too bad Osborne's supposed respect for the program could not trickle down.
you are going to have a long ten years or so with Frost hereRollingLaugh

Reactions: Bugeater

It was toned down.

Yep, it was about as middle of the road broadcast as you could expect for the situation during the time I listened to it (until about 6 minutes left in the game).

Then again, Davison probably didn't want to overexert himself: He has a basketball broadcast in the early afternoon today.

This.

I have been listening to all games on the radio since the Wisconsin game.

Davison was extremely pissed/frustrated by the end of the Minnesota game. He was downtrodden during the end of the Wisconsin game and pissed off the whole OSU game.

During the Penn St game, he was pretty even keel and his normal (somewhat) upbeat self, etc. I would have been very surprised by this if not for the fact that he is close to Frost, given his "mood" during the previous few game broadcasts.

He has to know something good is going to happen...

Reactions: HuskerO
Mark Helfrich was the color guy for Fox - so you would think he has alot of insight on Frost. After a quick agreement Frost seems like "the guy" - and that he is a great coach (Mark's words)....they spent the rest of the broadcast criticizing Nebraska for not giving Riley enough time. Even put up a Dantonio graphic to prove their point. OK - I get it - be patient. But Riley took over a team that won 9 games or more 7 years in a row. Not a perennial loser. That calls for a short leash if you mess it up. Not sure what the point of Fox pounding away on Nebraska was - must be a butt hurt Florida fan on the staff or something.

I bought a big screen tv, and cable basically just for NU football.

which makes me wonder why I bought all that???
so I can watch NU lose in high definition???

I would rather listen to bremser or palalka back when we kicked ass.
I remember watching the 83 orange bowl on a small black and white tv. (we lost but atleast the players seemed to try as hard as possible)

Reactions: maupin
This.

I have been listening to all games on the radio since the Wisconsin game.

Davison was extremely pissed/frustrated by the end of the Minnesota game. He was downtrodden during the end of the Wisconsin game and pissed off the whole OSU game.

During the Penn St game, he was pretty even keel and his normal (somewhat) upbeat self, etc. I would have been very surprised by this if not for the fact that he is close to Frost, given his "mood" during the previous few game broadcasts.

He has to know something good is going to happen...
Agree. The only time Davison sounded pissed yesterday was when we didn't go for it on 4th and 1 on our own 42 win the 1st Quarter. He wouldn't let it go that we decided to punt.

Of course if we did go for it and didn't get it, I'm sure he'd complain about the play call. But overall I thought Davison was even keeled.

Agree. The only time Davison sounded pissed yesterday was when we didn't go for it on 4th and 1 on our own 42 win the 1st Quarter. He wouldn't let it go that we decided to punt.

Of course if we did go for it and didn't get it, I'm sure he'd complain about the play call. But overall I thought Davison was even keeled.
This is what started his whining. I am sure it would have been wrong if they went and didn't get it. He just would not let it go.

I see it a little different. He loves Nebraska football and is passionate about it - as many other former players are. When the 97 championship team we’re honored, this current group had to look like a bunch of circus monkeys - both coaches and players. I wish our current players showed a 10th of some former players passion on the field.

Reactions: StrongArm517
I see it a little different. He loves Nebraska football and is passionate about it - as many other former players are. When the 97 championship team we’re honored, this current group had to look like a bunch of circus monkeys - both coaches and players. I wish our current players showed a 10th of some former players passion on the field.
We have a former player coaching D Line, and they are one of the worst units on the field. Maybe it is not as simple as that. I hope it is, and I am sure the goalposts will move very soon for the legacy coach. And I am kind of ok with It, if the fanbase can stop looking for things to whine about every single damn day

Mark Helfrich was the color guy for Fox - so you would think he has alot of insight on Frost. After a quick agreement Frost seems like "the guy" - and that he is a great coach (Mark's words)....they spent the rest of the broadcast criticizing Nebraska for not giving Riley enough time. Even put up a Dantonio graphic to prove their point. OK - I get it - be patient. But Riley took over a team that won 9 games or more 7 years in a row. Not a perennial loser. That calls for a short leash if you mess it up. Not sure what the point of Fox pounding away on Nebraska was - must be a butt hurt Florida fan on the staff or something.

The stupidest part of the dantonio graphic they put up was that they highlighted dantonio’s winning record against the division his first 3 years at Michigan State as a reason Riley should be given more years.

Only problem with that is that Riley doesn’t have a winning record against his division over the same time span. So it didn’t even apply. Would have thought someone in that broadcast would have noticed that.

I hope it is, and I am sure the goalposts will move very soon for the legacy coach.

Goalposts have be n moved for whoever comes in here. NU alum or otherwise.

Out of the gate will just have to prove we belong on the same field with any ranked opponent.

More like he confessed to having gone out on the town in New York the day before with some buddies......still in recovery.Winking

The stupidest part of the dantonio graphic they put up was that they highlighted dantonio’s winning record against the division his first 3 years at Michigan State as a reason Riley should be given more years.

Only problem with that is that Riley doesn’t have a winning record against his division over the same time span. So it didn’t even apply. Would have thought someone in that broadcast would have noticed that.
I took it for what it was, an uninformed presentation from someone in the coaching fraternity who was recently fired himself. Those guys do a drive-by on Nebraska football a couple times a year and have no idea how broken the product is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT