ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone got a Bob Newhart update?

GIF by South Park

As an aging comedian, George Burns often said he's getting so old he doesn't even buy green bananas.
I ran in to George Burns when he was in Lincoln in about 79. All I had for him to sign was some fast food receipt but he gladly did it. Super nice and an attractive “nurse” looking out for him. It was in the hotel SW of the stadium. Chesterfields was the downstairs bar but I can’t remember the name of the hotel. Still have that signed receipt.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I ran in to George Burns when he was in Lincoln in about 79. All I had for him to sign was some fast food receipt but he gladly did it. Super nice and an attractive “nurse” looking out for him. It was in the hotel SW of the stadium. Chesterfields was the downstairs bar but I can’t remember the name of the hotel. Still have that signed receipt.
It's always refreshing to run into someone who's kind of a giant in his industry, and he/she turns out to be a really nice person, cause so many of them are just assholes.

True story that didn't happen to me, but my son was in Las Vegas playing poker and at the same table was Ben Affleck who was accompanied by J-Lo. BTW, Ben is a helluva poker player. Anyway, he wins about $ 350,000.00 and gets ready to leave and he tips the dealer a 5K chip.
J-Lo looks at him and reaches across the table, picks up the 5K tip and flips the dealer a $ 100.00 chip. I mean, come on bitch, you don't think that 5K tip wouldn't have made that dealer's week or month and its chump change for those entertainers.

We used to play a game while watching the show. Slam it down with Bob and Emily back in the 80's. When someone on the show said Bob or Emily you took a drink - If they said Hi Bob or Hi Emily you took two drinks.

Had some early nights when we played that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT