ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody hearing anything about a hoops transfer out?

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Won't name the player, but heard he was gonna be possibly transferring. Mods please delete if not true

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumblings on twitter that he will be transferring, immediately? Anyone know what is going on here? He finally had a decent game and will be the only legit big man on the roster next year. Very strange

Another thread is on this..

Very disappointing..

Didn't see Okeke play much Tuesday night either...

Oh cute. Lee going to his "source". I almost want to throw the bullshit flag, because he is wrong about 90% of the time. Lazy reporter.

Only reason would be depth at Center wouldn't it..

Okeke sat the pine in the Wisconsin game that's what makes this a head scratcher.
Did you even watch the game? OKeke played. As usual, you need to explain what you "meant" to type.

Sipple is reporting that it's just a frustration issue and that jordy wants to stay on the team. Not sure on the validity of his statements though

Did you even watch the game? OKeke played. As usual, you need to explain what you "meant" to type.
It was on 590 today. Jordy didn't make the trip to PSU with the team. He's "unhappy with his development" which normally means playing time to me. I know Miles complemented Jordy on his game in the post game but then later said something about a play that was called and Jordy just blew it off and took a wild shot. Jordy is not a seasoned guy and he makes a lot of dumb mistakes. Then it sounds as if he gets pissed off when somebody says something about it. Jordy's family is coming to Lincoln to visit with him and then they'll have a pow wow when the team gets back. Nothings a done deal at this point per Robin Washut.

KETV didn’t name him but they said a shakeup is possible on the roster with a player, but they showed clips of Jordy.

I was pretty excited about the potential for the rest of the season. This sucks. Just spitballing, but he's not played well all season and Miles stuck with him. He finally sits him the majority of the Purdue game. THEN, (I assume) a pissed off Jordy plays well against Wisconsin. So, did he play better to "prove" something? And if so, maybe do that in the first place? The transfer aspect of D1 basketball is frustrating. I hope he stays. Maybe he'll pull an Eric Crouch.

I was pretty excited about the potential for the rest of the season. This sucks. Just spitballing, but he's not played well all season and Miles stuck with him. He finally sits him the majority of the Purdue game. THEN, (I assume) a pissed off Jordy plays well against Wisconsin. So, did he play better to "prove" something? And if so, maybe do that in the first place? The transfer aspect of D1 basketball is frustrating. I hope he stays. Maybe he'll pull an Eric Crouch.
When I watch him I see a guy who just needs to keep practicing and playing and it will come. Reasonably athletic guy for a man his size who really got a late start in basketball. I hope he sticks with the team. I think his expectations are out of whack with how long he's played the game. He's got some nice post moves but man he does some rookie things sometimes on both ends of the floor. IMO, Okeke has played better over all than Jordy has this year and probably deserves more minutes but that's just me.

Could be worse - could be Iowa. Hawks appear to be well on their way to 0-6 in conference play.

Edit: I stand corrected. Hawks win the battle for 13th place!

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
When I watch him I see a guy who just needs to keep practicing and playing and it will come. Reasonably athletic guy for a man his size who really got a late start in basketball. I hope he sticks with the team. I think his expectations are out of whack with how long he's played the game. He's got some nice post moves but man he does some rookie things sometimes on both ends of the floor. IMO, Okeke has played better over all than Jordy has this year and probably deserves more minutes but that's just me.

I swear none of our bigs have ever learned (or tried) a drop step. They are all bent on shooting baby hooks over their defender (which requires much more dribbling/footwork than a simple drop step power move to the basket.

I swear none of our bigs have ever learned (or tried) a drop step. They are all bent on shooting baby hooks over their defender (which requires much more dribbling/footwork than a simple drop step power move to the basket.
A drop step can be an effective move but against some of the bodies they have to play against and double teams it has to be quick and Jordy isn't particularly quick. It works best if they're overplaying your dominant hand and you can go the other way with it. Happ from Wisconsin makes it work well with that damned hook he gets away. It pisses me off to see guys get away with that in the B1G. That's playground crap and the refs rarely call it.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Jordy's not happy with his development? Well neither are most of the fans that watch him continually make bone-headed plays. Make better decisions, kid, and you won't have to sit on the bench so much.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Jordy's not happy with his development? Well neither are most of the fans that watch him continually make bone-headed plays. Make better decisions, kid, and you won't have to sit on the bench so much.
I have a suspicion that Miles "coached him hard" after he free lanced on that called play for somebody else. Miles maybe shouldn't have been that specific after the game about that but I can see why he was unhappy about that. Jordy needs to grow up. This taking my ball and going home is kind of silly in college now. He's starting and playing about as much time as his foul situation will allow. Sure glad we picked up some of the guys we did via transfer though.Winking

Reactions: kikdakan
Just find it weird that last year he said he would have transferred if Miles was fired, and now he may leave anyway? What has changed, he seemed to be a big Miles supporter? Also, this hurts us in today's game on the road against an opponent we need to beat. I watched PSU play live earlier this year while at the Nebraska Penn St. Football game and this is a game we could have used Jordy to help contain Watkins down low. He's there only real post player that is consistent. Will be interesting to see how things play out with this one.

Time to grow up Jordy. you can't play when you foul, you have no offense and you are playing because we need a big to be on the floor. To get the caroms when there is missed shots. why would a guy want to transfer mid season and tell me who is going to want a guy who basically just quit on his team because he got yelled at. like i said before, suck it up son.

Reactions: kikdakan
I would imagine its difficult to develop any big man when his hands are so awful he rarely secures a pass or rebound.

Where does he think he's going to go? High major teams sure aren't going to be falling over themselves for a big, slow guy with limited hops who can't stay out of foul trouble and has well under a 50-50 chance of finishing a post move if defended at all. A transfer means a mid-major at best (probably not even a good group of 5 conference team) or DII. Might as well stay and work on your athleticism and post game. Then again, is the damage already done? Is the team going to accept him back? Will his staying strain what bit of team chemistry Miles finally has in a team? Perhaps time to cut and go, even if it leaves us thin. Perhaps it will prompt Roby to learn to defend the post without fouling.

Reactions: t7w0c1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT