ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else think Baker Mayfield is the best NFL QB in this draft?

SoFL Husker

Defensive Coordinator
Sep 16, 2017
Drew Brees clone.

Winner.

Can go through all progressions in a tight pocket and destroys defenses when the pocket breaks down.

Unfortunately, Urban Meyer could never figure out what to do with his five-star offense so I don't think that team deserved to be in the playoffs. Alabama is not as good as they were last year
OL and Secondary
I see that they're all in the top five recruiting for this year again

A couple of Alabama's LB's out? I was hoping OU Clemson OU defense ? playing better today though.

Will be interested to see how Josh Allen from Wyoming pans out...Elway was scouting him at their bowl game and my Broncos need a QB...5th overall makes me nervous taking him, but Elway loves his tall, strong armed QBs

meh. Undersized. Average at best arm. Makes poor decisions on and off the field. Wouldn't draft him personally until the 5th or 6th.

Will be interested to see how Josh Allen from Wyoming pans out...Elway was scouting him at their bowl game and my Broncos need a QB...5th overall makes me nervous taking him, but Elway loves his tall, strong armed QBs

Allen looked great in the Bowl game. Flashed a huge, accurate arm.

QB is tough to project.

Georgia D is killing Mayfield right now. Kirby schemed a helluva 2H gameplan. That sailed throw for a pick was Baker's 1st big mistake, and it cost em...

meh. Undersized. Average at best arm. Makes poor decisions on and off the field. Wouldn't draft him personally until the 5th or 6th.

Says the guy who waits for Baker to sail a throw, and pounces.

Hats off to the Bulldog defense!

Elway is shit at scouting QBs. He needs to stop looking for guys that could have played power forward in college hoops and start looking for an NFL QB. Maybe we can steal Cousins away from Washington and draft a Left Tackle because we desperately need one.

Reactions: sloth316
Mayfield not looking so good now that Georgia got pissed off and decided to show up. Mayfield is #4 QB per ESPN draft rank....probably about right. Closer to Manzel than Wentz.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Not a valid comparison, but Manning sure looked like shit in 97.

Can't play off your back foot.

Ask Tommy Armstrong how that works out...

GBR

Georgia now -500 ML in-game

It's over?

What a massive 2H adjustment by Kirby so far...

He is a great college QB. He is also a d-bag. I don't think his antics and skill set translate to the NFL. Would not spend higher than a late 2nd on him and even then I would probably not draft him unless it was a dire need.

He is a great college QB. He is also a d-bag. I don't think his antics and skill set translate to the NFL. Would not spend higher than a late 2nd on him and even then I would probably not draft him unless it was a dire need.

Yea, Cam Newton is a prize.

Cam Newton is such a good runner he is able to play one read & run at the NFL level. He has gotten blown up enough now he is trying to be more a pocket QB - and is proving to be a pretty average QB. Did you see how bad he looked vs. Falcons yesterday. His career % completion sucks - his main weakness.

I like Mayfield's chances in the NFL, but I like Mason Rudolph better. Would much rather get Rudolph late in the first round than use the #1 pick on Darnold or Rosen.

Cam Newton is a ****ing monster, not sure what you're talked by about. Easily 1 of the top 10, IMO top 5 players in the NFL. Tom Brady had a bad game against Miami too & he's probably going to be MVP

Drew Brees clone.

Winner.

Can go through all progressions in a tight pocket and destroys defenses when the pocket breaks down.

No. I hate his jumping jack hopping-reverse wind mill of his arms routine after he scores. If he is such a winner why didn't he lead the Sooners to a win. They choked on the last possession of the regulation and the two times they had the ball in OT.

Last edited:
I think he's a hell of a QB but their coaches didn't trust him enough to try to have him win the game at the end of regulation or in either OT. Not sure what that was about.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I'm intrigued, SoFL Husker...why the OU/Mayfield love....what are we missing here?

Looks like the pretender sign Mayfield was holding pre game fit. He better get his head screwed on a lot tighter before he takes his swag to the NFL, his side arm passes will get picked off plenty and the cockiness will get knocked out real quick if he thinks his college game will get it done in the pros.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Cam Newton is such a good runner he is able to play one read & run at the NFL level. He has gotten blown up enough now he is trying to be more a pocket QB - and is proving to be a pretty average QB. Did you see how bad he looked vs. Falcons yesterday. His career % completion sucks - his main weakness.
Yeah....no.
Newton is pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT