ADVERTISEMENT

Another source

Gonna doubt that Trev is flying in directly to Charlotte to speak with a guy coaching for his life in the NFL. He does have Esq added to his name though.

Rhule would be a good hire if he's prepared to be a monster recruiter and work with all the NIL stuff. With the NIL and transfer portal the game has changed quite a bit since Rhule was a college coach.

Trev AlBert’s has probably Spoken with a dozen agents already, he’d be remiss if he hasn’t. But, he has to see how Mickey does, he has to see how Rhules season is going to go. He has to see what active coaches are going to go bowling. He could make a decision before the final game, but it would have to be a homerun with someone not actively coaching now or someone who is ready to commit, (not likely). I would think he could announce something once Nebraska is out of the bowl picture if his choice is not a current head coach or coordinator.

For sure, there will be no direct interviews of active coaches before their seasons are over. Any discussions before then will be conducted privately with their agents. The agents will be the go betweens.
Well in fact there have been clandestine meetings with college coaches during the regular season in the past. With zoom though it’s hardly necessary

Reactions: Redmich
Here we go with all the rumors. Gotta love it though. Shows passion.
I am just crossing my fingers that after all the build up we don’t get an underwhelming hire like Gundy or Campbell.
In his press conference Trev told us not to start rumors and to speculate what are we doing you guys

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Well in fact there have been clandestine meetings with college coaches during the regular season in the past. With zoom though it’s hardly necessary
Yes probably some. BUT with all the leaks these days, it's not wise to risk the wrath of your current employer or the confidence of your current players especially this early in the season.

The way Rhule left Baylor kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Do we really want a coach who will jump ship at the height of his success? I don't.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Trev AlBert’s has probably Spoken with a dozen agents already, he’d be remiss if he hasn’t. But, he has to see how Mickey does, he has to see how Rhules season is going to go. He has to see what active coaches are going to go bowling. He could make a decision before the final game, but it would have to be a homerun with someone not actively coaching now or someone who is ready to commit, (not likely). I would think he could announce something once Nebraska is out of the bowl picture if his choice is not a current head coach or coordinator.
For sure. Show interest, but use back channels.

For knowing so much about football, you sure dont know anything about football
You don't know much about anything. Quit following me around and responding to my posts. I have no interest in conversing with you.

For knowing so much about football, you sure dont know anything about football
I do. That means he has been successful. Something that we haven’t seen in 25 years… You want to see a coach leave a program bc they were not successful?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT