ADVERTISEMENT

Another prediction for rest of season thread!

Indiana is full speed ahead right out the gate in year one. We were told Rhule has a program and it takes three years to get good. So we’ve handicapped ourselves and have to accept it as is.
Everyone said the same about CO last year. Indiana has played no one up to this point and their schedule sets up well for a nice record this year. That being said - I hope they are ranked because we will beat them by two scores in their own house.

Everyone said the same about CO last year. Indiana has played no one up to this point and their schedule sets up well for a nice record this year. That being said - I hope they are ranked because we will beat them by two scores in their own house.
I hope. But I don’t have that faith. They score a lot, if they can operate like Illinois did we lose

I hope. But I don’t have that faith. They score a lot, if they can operate like Illinois did we lose
Speaking Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I’ve predicted 8 wins (with wins over CU and IA) and will continue to do so until it’s mathematically impossible. Aside from O State we could beat or lose to anyone left.

We will be favored against:
Rutgers
Indiana
UCLA
Wisconsin

Iowa may be a slight favorite due to playing in Iowa.

Ohio State spread of 18-22

USC spread of 7-14.

Also note that I think we will be better our last 3 games than we’ve been our first 5 games.

GBR!

Reactions: scarletred
Curious what you've seen from USC that makes you think they're not a definite loss? Or what you've seen from NU?
USC is a pretty good team. But they didn't look very good in the first half against Wisconsin and lost to probably the worse Michigan team since 2020 (although Michigan is still likely decent this year)

For the record I do think we lose to USC especially at their place. I just don't put them on the same level as Ohio State which I'd say is almost a certain loss at this point. I'd define the difference as something akin to a top 15 or so team vs. top 4 or so team. But we'll see - as they say that is why they play the games

At this point, I think 6 wins is likely.
Between 5-7 wins is almost assured, I can’t see any scenario in which we have 8 wins or more.
Possible wins: Rutgers, UCLA
Tossups: Iowa, Wisky, Indiana
Losses: USC, tOSU

I’ll say 6 wins. After what I have seen I am not confident of winning any of the tossup games.

We have a mediocre OC and won’t win anything with him running the O

Glad we got the win yesterday. We were clearly the better team and should have won by more. Kudos to the defense and to EJ who really energized the running game.

But this is a bad Purdue team and we should have won going away from the get go. And our field goal kicking is the worst I have ever seen. And our defense, though it played well against an awful offense yesterday, still allows too many long drives that eat clock and keep the ball away from our offense. Our blitzes were also predictable and ineffective.

So what will the rest of our season look like? I see us finishing 4-8 at best with our only possible win being UCLA. Every other team on our remaining schedule looks to be a better overall team than we are.

We have a very mediocre offensive line and a horrible kicking game. We have coaches who can’t identify the proper running back to play.

Going to be another disappointing year I fear. I hate this. Hate hate hate. I sure hope I am wrong. Maybe some of you can convince me otherwise
We win 4 to 5 more

Rutgers
Indiana - yes we beat them
UCLA
Wisconsin
Iowa is the difference between 8 and 9 wins IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT