ADVERTISEMENT

Allllll You Bolievers, Calling for Riley's head at the half

How about you go cool off. You are the one who had such high expectations about Riley and this staff. Don't blame me for being real. You said we will win the west. Not me. Time fans like you wake up.
Thats fine to crow about this before a conference game has been played, and you may be absolutely right...

But if we get healthy and start to gel better the west is still ripe for the taking... Did you see Minnesota today? 10-7, holding off Kent State 10-7 AT HOME... Iowa is tied with Pitt in the fourth... Northwestern and Wisconsin appear to be tough, but things are still pretty wide open if we get our act together.

Reactions: Tulsa Tom
Players played hard and TA made some great plays - this was not the coaches this was players making plays

It was however the coaches that I think put us in the hole to begin with
This is pretty ridiculous...

Not saying the coaching was great since I was unable to watch the game but to say the only reason the game was close was cuz the players were talented enough to overcome the coaching is pretty far fetched...

How about you go cool off. You are the one who had such high expectations about Riley and this staff. Don't blame me for being real. You said we will win the west. Not me. Time fans like you wake up.

Your "good coach" has totally screwed us. Did you see the number of walk-ons on our travel roster. We are battling tooth and nail and you won't see me belittle the Huskers or our coach.

Your "good coach" has totally screwed us. Did you see the number of walk-ons on our travel roster. We are battling tooth and nail and you won't see me belittle the Huskers or our coach.
You are really grasping for straws. You need to take the rose colored glasses off. You are blinded by your Husker love. Bo is gone. And regardless of what you may think, Bo's worse class is far better then our current class. I see players committed to us that SHOULD be walkons.

You don't belittle players or coaches? No you just pump them up to be something they are not. Then you attack other fans who shed true light on Nebraska's situation. Look at some of the post you made leading up to this game. I warned you we are only two games into the season. I warned you to pump the brakes. Not my fault you think this team is better then they truly are. Not my fault you compared Mike Riley to Nick Saban.

Regardless, you owe me an apology. I don't take kindly to being verbally assaulted.

You are really grasping for straws. You need to take the rose colored glasses off. You are blinded by your Husker love. Bo is gone. And regardless of what you may think, Bo's worse class is far better then our current class. I see players committed to us that SHOULD be walkons.

You don't belittle players or coaches? No you just pump them up to be something they are not. Then you attack other fans who shed true light on Nebraska's situation. Look at some of the post you made leading up to this game. I warned you we are only two games into the season. I warned you to pump the brakes. Not my fault you think this team is better then they truly are. Not my fault you compared Mike Riley to Nick Saban.

Regardless, you owe me an apology. I don't take kindly to being verbally assaulted.
Seriously? How weak-minded and sensitive are you? I've been on this board for 12 years and have been "verbally assaulted" much worse than you and have never one time asked for an apology. If you can't accept a bit of criticism than this board isn't for you. Grow a pair and stop whining.

Take your sideshow act to Youngstown. Your good coach probably needs his ball hitch spit polished.

Tough lose today, but respect the fight these kids put up. Still incredibly happy Blo Linguini.. ah Pelini is no longer on the sideline!

You mean the people who said we didn't have the players. Are you stinking kidding me? Didn't have the players? You add Valentine and Pierson El to the mix and this team is fairly stout!
You did watch correct? 2 TDs called back, the worst coach big Al, multiple starters out, a team playing for stats cd running the clock out, etc....the game wasn't close. The recruits watched for 3 quarters like everyone else. Remember Miami not a top 30 school. Is wasn't FSU or OSU.

Which commits should be walkons? I want to know so that should the coaches have a better eye for talent than you I can remind you of this.

Why does Bo have to be brought up every time? History shows that Bo and Riley are both average-at-best coaches. I'm not a huge fan of either one of them. But saying that Pelini's teams would have laid down is revisionist history, he had a ton of amazing second-half comebacks the last few years.

History also shows that Al Golden is a mediocre coach, so I'm not sure what it means that he had his team better prepared yesterday than Riley.

Why does Bo have to be brought up every time? History shows that Bo and Riley are both average-at-best coaches. I'm not a huge fan of either one of them. But saying that Pelini's teams would have laid down is revisionist history, he had a ton of amazing second-half comebacks the last few years.

History also shows that Al Golden is a mediocre coach, so I'm not sure what it means that he had his team better prepared yesterday than Riley.
Well said and accurate. I like MR better, but I don't see us recruiting better than top 25, which history proves you'll end up a top 25 team, maybe top 15 on the magical years

That was a great game to watch and I already said Im giving Riley 2 years.

But for me I thought the biggest difference with the new staff would be the decision making and game management.

Those 2 things should at least have us at 2-1.

That has nothing to do with your talent level imo.

Just bumping for black shirt player, who posted several times in other threads... Must have missed my question.

Again, I would like to know the names of the players you think should be walkons.

Thank you.

Whatever it takes for you to justify why a 9/10 win team regresses into a 5 win team.

Enjoy that, and in the meantime I'll be looking at fans like you for accepting mediocrity.

:)

Congratulations on one of the silliest posts I've read this season. Perhaps you've forgotten that we lost a RB after last year that was in the Heisman hunt prior to getting injured. And maybe it just slipped your mind that we had one of the most physically talented DEs in last year's draft. And our best cover corner...well...he's gone too. And never mind that we lost 4 starters on the OLine. And our fastest receiver. Nah, that shouldn't make any difference either, right?

Good Lord, get your head out of your behind and start using it to think. In terms of talent, this team is in no way as talented as what last year's team was. Yes, our QB has improved dramatically, but it's pretty tough sledding when you have to rely on solely him to move the ball.

It would have been nice if our previous coaching staff would have given a crap about depth and would have consistently signed 25 recruits vs their standard 17-21 kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskersMan34
Black shirt player, your absence from this thread over the course of the last two days tells me you, in fact, realize it was silly to say that some of the recruits currently committed should be walkons. How else do I read your reluctance to answer a simple question?

Throwing a pass in OT on the first okay is Xbox level coaching.

Experience should have told them to settle in...you were lucky to be in the game.
They call 3rd and 1 like they have never been in that position.

I see no difference in coaching. Actually a lil better from Pelini.

That's only because you're not very bright though.

ADVERTISEMENT