ADVERTISEMENT

Allllll You Bolievers, Calling for Riley's head at the half

While it looked pretty bad for 3 1/2 quarters, you have to give credit to everyone for not giving up. Win or lose in OT, this can be something to build on. Miami has talent, but they let Nebraska off the hook a bit.

You mean the people who said we didn't have the players. Are you stinking kidding me? Didn't have the players? You add Valentine and Pierson El to the mix and this team is fairly stout!

You mean the people who said we didn't have the players. Are you stinking kidding me? Didn't have the players? You add Valentine and Pierson El to the mix and this team is fairly stout!
Wouldn't help the defense.

Reactions: cornwoman
I never called for Riley's head. I commend our players and will say they have fortitude for playing hard for 4 minutes. I wish we didn't always have to play from behind.

Nebraska is 1-2, though. Don't tell us to eat it.

Eat what? This us joke coaching for a staff with this many years experience. Pelini beats that team and BYU. Were 3-0 with Pelini as head coach.

We came back plenty under Pelini ...Tommy was the reason we came back with no help from the coaching staff.

Eat what? This us joke coaching for a staff with this many years experience. Pelini beats that team and BYU. Were 3-0 with Pelini as head coach.
I supprt this. But people would be upset that Pelini didn't smile towards a ref after being handed a personal foul flag.

Nebraska Nice...

The ones who should be eating crow are the fans who continue to claim this team lacks championship talent. Great comeback by the offense, but just couldn't overcome poor defensive coaching in the first quarter.

No, we're 2-1 with Pelini. Win against BYU and a blowout today.

Throwing a pass in OT on the first okay is Xbox level coaching.

Experience should have told them to settle in...you were lucky to be in the game.
They call 3rd and 1 like they have never been in that position.

I see no difference in coaching. Actually a lil better from Pelini.

The ones who should be eating crow are the fans who continue to claim this team lacks championship talent. Great comeback by the offense, but just couldn't overcome poor defensive coaching in the first quarter.

You really need to stop drinking. This team is far from championship talent. We haven't had any sort of a pass rush for 3 weeks straight. And our secondary is perilously slow (sans Gerry).

On offense, against decent talent our RB talent is woefully suspect. And our OLine leaves our QB running for his life. Despite the poor final throw, Tommy was a gamer and willed us to OT.

Experience should have told them to settle in...you were lucky to be in the game.

I disagree. I think there are plenty of play calls that were suspect. But we had Miami on the ropes and we're going for the throat. I can respect that.

You really need to stop drinking. This team is far from championship talent. We haven't had any sort of a pass rush for 3 weeks straight. And our secondary is perilously slow (sans Gerry).

On offense, against decent talent our RB talent is woefully suspect. And our OLine leaves our QB running for his life. Despite the poor final throw, Tommy was a gamer and willed us to OT.
Whatever it takes for you to justify why a 9/10 win team regresses into a 5 win team.

Enjoy that, and in the meantime I'll be looking at fans like you for accepting mediocrity.

:)

Whatever it takes for you to justify why a 9/10 win team regresses into a 5 win team.

Enjoy that, and in the meantime I'll be looking at fans like you for accepting mediocrity.

:)

Do you honestly think pelinis asenine defense scheme could make up for Daniel Davies? I thought we'd be one and two with bo and were 1 and two that easily could have been 3 and 0.

I can live with it. If it's like this next year then we can talk. I think.l a coach deserves more than 2 games to be sold down the river.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Stop talking about former coaches already! ALL OF THEM!
Who gives a rat's ass about Pelini! We have a great staff. Just been dealing with some key injures and getting everyone on the same page. Takes time. We had a bad game. It happens! I have no doubt that if we had a healthy DPE we'd be 3-0. Avoid any more serious injuries and we'll be pretty stout team by Wisconsin!

That wasn't a bad call,,, we were hot, had them on the ropes, run up the middle for 2? you think that would've solved it. We had the momentum, i like striking while it's hot, we just didn't execute/

Not a Bo fan, but he mounted a damn impressive comeback against a far superior Michigan State team last year, only to have TA end it with an INT. If Nebraska faced Wisconsin or Michigan State right now, how would it end? It's hard to know, but both teams are better than BYU and Miami. I don't understand people looking for a silver lining in a 1-2 start, by saying "if Bo were coaching, NU would have lost by ##," because Nebraska is yet to face a team with the talent of the teams that blew out Bo squads.

Yeah Riley is a trainwreck and a laughingstock. I want Golden fired so Miami can come back to respectability, but compared to Riley he is Lombardi!!

And lmao at this thread. It shows how incredibly stupid the Riley supporters are that they would celebrate a loss against an average Miami team with a failed coach of our own.

And no Pelini would not be 1-2. He would be 3-0. He beat a Miami team last year that had more talent, and he never once lost to a mid major, so doubtful he loses to byu. Riley in both games had his team completely unprepared coming out of the gate. He is an absolute horrible coach.

Reactions: Nebraska Gator II
Yeah Riley is a trainwreck and a laughingstock. I want Golden fired so Miami can come back to respectability, but compared to Riley he is Lombardi!!

And lmao at this thread. It shows how incredibly stupid the Riley supporters are that they would celebrate a loss against an average Miami team with a failed coach of our own.

And no Pelini would not be 1-2. He would be 3-0. He beat a Miami team last year that had more talent, and he never once lost to a mid major, so doubtful he loses to byu. Riley in both games had his team completely unprepared coming out of the gate. He is an absolute horrible coach.
Nah, we would have definitely lost this game under Pelini. Probably by about 3 TDS.

I like the heart of our team but the difference in talent level of the athletes on the other teams is crazy. We have too many holes in our team right now to compete for a championship, I think Riley is a good coach but this year is going to be tough with the Big10 playing better than last year, our schedule, injuries, but most of all a transition year is tough with no elite skill players on the team besides maybe our DT's? We always had someone that was elite somewhere on the team but this year is not there maybe Armstrong and Wilbon could be "good" together on offense but no idea.

Pelini MIGHT have beat BYU IF they stuck to the passing game because he could stop the pass but if he was coach BYU probably would have watched film and did some misdirection to get the QB or RB 20 yards a carry. But Pelini would have got smoked by Miami, they have too much talent compared to our team. Riley will lose probably 5 games this year but Pelini would have lost more with his defense. Armstrong has gotten alot better under Riley and hopefully we get better through the year, we have some tough games ahead.

Why don't you let this sink in.... Nebraska had 79 I believe on the traveling squad today and 24 were walkons. Why don't you calculate the % for yourself and then thank 408 and his clown posse for their pathetic recruiting efforts the last 7 years....

Reactions: Archie Graham
ADVERTISEMENT