ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian enters the Portal...

quote-you-won-t-have-nixon-to-kick-around-anymore-because-gentlemen-this-is-my-last-press-richard-m-nixon-21-51-27.jpg

I would expect this to be one of the longest threads in HuskerOnline history. Its gonna be like Bitcoin

Lincoln Riley with another transfer QB to win the Heisman?
No chance in hell Lincoln wants Adrian. He's going to have the pick of any 5 star QBs he wants. Hell rumor has it that the freshman from OU is considering transferring to USC now.

Will be rooting for him wherever he ends up. Unless it's iowa.
He won't come to Iowa! Iowa would turn him into a pocket passer with escape ability! You won't see Iowa running any option! I have always liked AM! The kid has guts and gave everything to Nebraska! Best of luck wherever he goes!

I’ll root my ass off for Adrian. I kinda hope it was Scott and not Amarts fault all along
putting a run pass qb in a pass centric system was a learning curve in frosts young hc career...
hopefully adrian finds a system more favorable to his talents, and it hard to knock a guy who shows up...
from now on frost needs to get a tire hanging from a tree, and see how his qb's can throw thru it at 10 yards.

Last edited:
putting a run pass qb in a pass centric system was a learning curve in frosts young hc career...
hopefully adrian finds a system more favorable to his talents, and it hard to knock a guy who shows up...
from now on frost needs to get a tie hanging from a tree, and see how his qb's can throw thru it at 10 yards.
tie? As in noose? You're on the wrong message board. Try the Hawkeye board.

I think even with a different qB coach he is what he is. I think he lacks football IQ. To me Smothers looked like a better decision maker on all but one play and that ended in a fumble. Smothers IF he had 2 seconds always seemed to go to the right guy in the passing game. He made one bad read on that fumble.
That intercepted pass at the end of the Iowa game didn't go as planned either! Guess the receiver ran the wrong route?

I kind of told people this before the Iowa game, but not many paid attention.
You know, in one way given that Frost lived through being NU's QB, I could see him telling Adrian that he was never going to make it to the NFL and he should go somewhere else with less pressure. I think Frost likely might have told Adrian that was what was best for him as a person.

Reactions: WHCSC
Very valid. I kind of thought the same thing. I know he has been very bad at the end of games, but he's a dynamic running, if we are headed that direction.
AM is a perfect two QB guy. Play him 1st and 3rd quarter, and take his helmet away for 2nd and 4th.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
That intercepted pass at the end of the Iowa game didn't go as planned either! Guess the receiver ran the wrong route?
It was an option route. The WR cut off his route just as the QB threw the ball. QB read deep ball and WR read spot up in the zone. Both were open IMO. DB just happened to be looking in the backfield and was able to adjust enough to make a falling down catch. It happens.

Reactions: Hawkeye King
Frost better hope his new OC brings a QB or 2 with him I think. The incoming freshman probably won't be ready given his ACL and that leaves just Smothers, Haarberg and Masker. Masker could actually probably manage a game behind an O line like Michigan's. Sigh. GOTTA FIX THE O LINE!
Masker is a good player for the little I’ve seen

Reactions: BleedRed78
Yep. His nonchalance at screwing up never sat well with me. Always had the blank look after an interception or missed receiver.
yep, that always bothered me as well... there's putting a mistake behind you to reset and then there's apathy which is what it appeared to be with AM

yep, that always bothered me as well... there's putting a mistake behind you to reset and then there's apathy which is what it appeared to be with AM
I just looked like befuddlement to me. It was as if he couldn't understand what had just happened. I could be reading it all wrong. Good kid. Hate for it to end this way at NU for him.

Reactions: jmliehr
it was tongue in cheek, just curious to what mcaffrey's reaction would be......
McCaffrey has to be thinking about how badly he screwed himself by leaving NU. He would maybe be the starting QB right now at NU and instead he's the backup at ........ Rice.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I hadn't seen that video before. At the risk of over-analyzing body language, considering all AM and Frost went through, their interaction seemed quite cold, and AM looked kind of pissy. AM didn't seem to want anything to do with Frost.
body language looked fine to me. Adrian is in a sling and just had shoulder surgery. You don't bear guy somebody with stitches in their shoulder. Both smiled at each other. Adrian no doubt got a huge ovation.

Reactions: egaRdeR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT