ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian enters the Portal...

Think about what your saying! Why would Frost drop AM when he knows the backups suck. And why would AM step down when he knows he is the best QB on the roster?
Because the marriage wasn't working. 4 years proved that.

On top of this, I do believe the reports Trev was involved in telling AM it was best time to move on. Everyone needed a fresh break and new start.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Lots of pieces didn't work often times (play calling, line, snaps, receivers, etc.) and the blame went on AM. However, it was very refreshing to see Smothers drop back, scan the field fairly fast and if it wasn't there dump it off to the back in front of him so he didn't have to stop to catch it. AM was a slow blinker and it cost a lot of sacks and forced interceptions. He fumbled a lot, had trouble making the right decision on ZRs, missed wide open receivers when not pressured, took forever to decide to throw until the receiver got covered and on and on. Great student athlete and representative of the university, but I find it hard to believe he goes to another P5 team and lights it up. He just doesn't have the QB skills.

Be careful what you wish for.

Minnesota beat Miami OH, Purdue, and Nebraska by one score this season.

Going 0-3 in those games would put you at 5-7 with no bowl game. Sounds eerily familiar.
Well, other than it’s still 2 wins better than we had. Compared to what Minn has, AM is a massive improvement.

Because the marriage wasn't working. 4 years proved that.

On top of this, I do believe the reports Trev was involved in telling AM it was best time to move on. Everyone needed a fresh break and new start.
I can tell you what I’ve been told by people I trust. AM went to Frost two days ago and told him he was transfering and Frost pretty much begged him to stay. Adrian knows his best option is not playing QB at NU under Frost.

Lots of pieces didn't work often times (play calling, line, snaps, receivers, etc.) and the blame went on AM. However, it was very refreshing to see Smothers drop back, scan the field fairly fast and if it wasn't there dump it off to the back in front of him so he didn't have to stop to catch it. AM was a slow blinker and it cost a lot of sacks and forced interceptions. He fumbled a lot, had trouble making the right decision on ZRs, missed wide open receivers when not pressured, took forever to decide to throw until the receiver got covered and on and on. Great student athlete and representative of the university, but I find it hard to believe he goes to another P5 team and lights it up. He just doesn't have the QB skills.
That’s what always happens with the back up (Luke McCaffrey). The coach says look let’s dumb this down so you can function. Throw it to the first option or run with it. It looks really good until the other teams realize what’s happening.

I can tell you what I’ve been told by people I trust. AM went to Frost two days ago and told him he was transfering and Frost pretty much begged him to stay. Adrian knows his best option is not playing QB at NU under Frost.
That’s the opposite of what Slausen said he heard from a former blackshirt. Hopefully Frost had some a backup plan ready if it wasn’t his idea.

is that why he walked on senior day? lol

hopefully it's something they both were ok with and everything is cool

I can see him going to KSU and beating Oklahoma, just for some salt in our wounds.

I'm going to bet Adrian goes to a school with a big academic name for his masters degree.. it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in an ivy league school or something, for a year to say your masters degree is from Yale or something like that.

Not at all what I heard and I trust my sources here as much as you trust yours.

One thing you must understand, Trev Alberts is functioning right now as the CEO of Nebraska football. I suppose you also think that with two games left in the season Frost is the one who suddenly came up with the idea he needed to fire 4 assistant coaches then and there? Cmon guy, get in the loop and get better sources.

Ignorant post from an ignorant poster. Minnesota's offense would be a terrible fit for AM and they have done nothing to show they have "real QB coaching".

There is plenty of room on the Minny bandwagon, fwiw. Would be a good fit for you.
Pretty sure that's where his allegiance is

Reactions: headcard
That’s the opposite of what Slausen said he heard from a former blackshirt. Hopefully Frost had some a backup plan ready if it wasn’t his idea.
and despite my reservations when Slauson came out early and said Adrian was leaving, he nailed that one. Clearly Slauson is better connected to this staff than I thought.

I'm going to bet Adrian goes to a school with a big academic name for his masters degree.. it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in an ivy league school or something, for a year to say your masters degree is from Yale or something like that.
Ivy league schools don't let graduates play sports. It's a 4 year only deal with no graduate students. Normally you have a 4 year clock regardless if you haven't graduated yet. No redshirts. I think they were allowing their own students who didn't get to play at all last year due to COVID have an extra year. There are lots of excellent MBA program schools though outside the Ivy League, Stanford for one. No, I think though the most obvious one at KSU is the most likely. I think I just threw up a little just thinking it, BUT KSU would be awfully easy to root for next fall IF Adrian goes there.

Last edited:
and despite my reservations when Slauson came out early and said Adrian was leaving, he nailed that one. Clearly Slauson is better connected to this staff than I thought.
Adrian literally walked on senior day and waved goodbye to the fans on the field a week ago

this wasn't a well-kept secret, it was the plan all along

I applaud trev and therefore frost for putting emotions aside and making what looks like the first winning decision in 4 years

Adrian literally walked on senior day and waved goodbye to the fans on the field a week ago

this wasn't a well-kept secret, it was the plan all along

I applaud trev and therefore frost for putting emotions aside and making what looks like the first winning decision in 4 years
We'll see. I thought Smothers looked pretty efficient against a good defense. He had 2 bad mistakes but I'm not going to blame him completely for either. Belt gave that ball a pretty good tug trying to keep it on that option and that interception was just something that is going to happen when you run option routes. Really the fumble was a by product of an option run game. It used to happen to Tom's QBs at times too when the RB thought he was getting the ball and the QB tried to pull it.

We'll see. I thought Smothers looked pretty efficient against a good defense. He had 2 bad mistakes but I'm not going to blame him completely for either. Belt gave that ball a pretty good tug trying to keep it on that option and that interception was just something that is going to happen when you run option routes. Really the fumble was a by product of an option run game. It used to happen to Tom's QBs at times too when the RB thought he was getting the ball and the QB tried to pull it.
I don't anticipate smothers starting a single game going forward. he's a cute little band-aid.

iowa and their defense (just like the rest of the b1g) are trash. Frost is clueless when it comes to closing out games.

Reactions: oldjar07 and Bjoe_
I don't anticipate smothers starting a single game going forward.

iowa and their defense (just like the rest of the b1g) are trash. Frost is clueless when it comes to closing out games.
Well at least that last drive Frost called a decent 2 minute offense until that option route INT. Kind of my point with Smothers though when you say that he won't start another game. The offense looked just fine without Martinez running it. Smothers could still make plays with his feet and was pretty damned efficient in the passing game even if his throwing motion was painful to watch. No matter how talented, I think Adrian's football IQ held us back.

Reactions: king_kong_
I don't anticipate smothers starting a single game going forward. he's a cute little band-aid.

You were making sense until you said that Iowa’s defense is trash. As much as I dislike them, I wouldn’t go that far.

McCaffrey has to be thinking about how badly he screwed himself by leaving NU. He would maybe be the starting QB right now at NU and instead he's the backup at ........ Rice.
You sir, are out of your mind. He screwed himself by being really bad at QB when given ( and I mean given - thanks to his last name) the opportunity.

You sir, are out of your mind. He screwed himself by being really bad at QB when given ( and I mean given - thanks to his last name) the opportunity.
He wouldn't be now that we've hired Whipple. IF we had stuck with Lubick I could very easily seem him starting as a run first option QB. I posted that before we hired Whipple. With Whipple at OC and the guy we just landed, McCaffrey would be buried on the depth chart IF he has stuck around.

He wouldn't be now that we've hired Whipple. IF we had stuck with Lubick I could very easily seem him starting as a run first option QB. I posted that before we hired Whipple. With Whipple at OC and the guy we just landed, McCaffrey would be buried on the depth chart IF he has stuck around.
That’s fine. You and I were clearly watching two different guys. The one I saw had no business as a D1 QB. Good athlete, just not a QB because he couldn’t pass….at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT