ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas All American Huskers and Polynesian Bowl

Down 17-0 at half, Dylan Raiola led his all-stars to 28 straight points to win the contest 28-17.

Personal opinion: Raiola looked cool, calm and smooth. He hit A LOT of receivers in the hands including several drops. I saw that he targeted Carter Nelson twice resulting in 2 receptions. Carter was not impressive, though, as a blocker. He needs work on that part of his game.

GBR

Reactions: Laner2 and OzzyLvr
Down 17-0 at half, Dylan Raiola led his all-stars to 28 straight points to win the contest 28-17.

Personal opinion: Raiola looked cool, calm and smooth. He hit A LOT of receivers in the hands including several drops. I saw that he targeted Carter Nelson twice resulting in 2 receptions. Carter was not impressive, though, as a blocker. He needs work on that part of his game.

GBR
That’s fine. With our S&C, nutrition program, and coaching, they’ll develop that part of his game pretty well.

Noticed a Fonoti in the stat line among receivers. Gotta assume he’s related to Toniu?

GBR
Not surprising about Nelson. Two things: 1 - he's pretty light for that height and 2 - he's coming from small team football. The key will be how he develops in S&C and how well he picks up/learns blocking at the college level. Both of those things remain to be seen. Might not be a real TE.

GBR
Nelson looked fast. Fast enough to play WR. Raiola’s performance was kind of meh but that game was a fluster cuck. They did run some zone read with Raiola and I thought he looked athletic.

Reactions: 9and4 and headcard
They(N) need to find a way to use Carter at 230. Talk about blocking down the road

Reactions: 9and4
Nelson looked fast. Fast enough to play WR. Raiola’s performance was kind of meh but that game was a fluster cuck. They did run some zone read with Raiola and I thought he looked athletic.
Nelson was quoted as saying that he may start out at WR in his first year. And I think it's a great idea. A lot of these better NFL receiving TEs over the years either started out as college WRs or college basketball players. Work him at WR this fall. Let him work on his routes. If he plays more than four games, have him learn some of the TE packages. It's smart.

Nelson was quoted as saying that he may start out at WR in his first year. And I think it's a great idea. A lot of these better NFL receiving TEs over the years either started out as college WRs or college basketball players. Work him at WR this fall. Let him work on his routes. If he plays more than four games, have him learn some of the TE packages. It's smart.
the young man is a monster with boyish looks. i agree put him at wr and let him dominate

Reactions: Laner2
It's too bad Nelson isn't enrolling in the Spring. He could have used the weight room rigor and the Spring camp training along with the early enrollees.

It's too bad Nelson isn't enrolling in the Spring. He could have used the weight room rigor and the Spring camp training along with the early enrollees.
True, but it will be worth it to him if Ainsworth wins the State championship in their class..

Reactions: GretnaShawn
So is it an all american game or a polynesian game. Lots of really light and dark skinned polynesians there lol.

So is it an all american game or a polynesian game. Lots of really light and dark skinned polynesians there lol.
When I was watching, they said it was also about everyone learning about Polynesian culture. That being said I'm not sure what the criteria is to be invited.

Reactions: salsa red
He’ll have all summer to work out and participate in 7 on 7s. He’s a smart kid. He’ll be fine.
"all summer" will be like 2 months before fall practice. At best. Even at that, he won't be working on drills or technique.

"all summer" will be like 2 months before fall practice. At best. Even at that, he won't be working on drills or technique.
Once they sign the university usually tailors a workout plan for them to follow at their high school. Not the same, but I would expect him to bulk up some.

Let's all be honest though, we saw how physically mature Fidone is and how he struggled blocking. Nelson isn't taking many snaps as an inline TE this year. He'll essentially be a WR. Which is fine. He should be a matchup problem at wideout.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It looks like our 5 star QB who has been promised the starting job went 7-15 with an INT against what amounted to junior high competition. Rhule once again proving he has no idea how to manage a QB room
Can you breakdown the incompletions for me?

It looks like our 5 star QB who has been promised the starting job went 7-15 with an INT against what amounted to junior high competition. Rhule once again proving he has no idea how to manage a QB room
Herky’s have no business talking to anyone on the planet about qb’s.

Reactions: HUSKERBILL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT