ADVERTISEMENT

adding women's lacrosse

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
The thought is that NU will need to add a women's sport to comply with Title IX if they want to increase the size of the FB roster. NU doesn't field a lacrosse team for women. The B1G has good competition there, with Maryland, PSU and NW all ranked teams.

I don't understand what you are saying. Doesn't Title IX just deal with scholarships?

Lacrosse is still growing fast, even in Lincoln. My Son played for a few years. Seemed to really help him bloom in baseball as well.

Is capital lake big enough to row on? I think it's a little too small
Salt Creek...:cool: Actually one of the reasons they wanted to add ice sheets downtown was to accomodate club hockey. During Tom's tenure they tried to start an NU women's hockey club team and the rumor was that a long term goal was to maybe add women's hockey as a football balancer. As I understand it adding all those walk ons is going to mean we have to have more women participating in D-1 sports. I thought it was just scholarship #s that matter but it sounds like the walk ons are also counted.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Salt Creek...:cool: Actually one of the reasons they wanted to add ice sheets downtown was to accomodate club hockey. During Tom's tenure they tried to start an NU women's hockey club team and the rumor was that a long term goal was to maybe add women's hockey as a football balancer. As I understand it adding all those walk ons is going to mean we have to have more women participating in D-1 sports. I thought it was just scholarship #s that matter but it sounds like the walk ons are also counted.
Yep. My understanding as well. IF it's a Big sport I have no problem adding... especially if it helps the football team. $$ generated from a revived FB program should more than pay for any program we add

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT