ADVERTISEMENT

About Raiola

100%. He is still a freshman. They need to protect him, run the ball, let him throw play action, etc. Not expect him to go win games.
nice to see most coming around to what I've been posting since the offseason

putting everything squarely on his shoulders is outrageously immature from our offensive braintrust

The kid WR coach can't coach. I played WR in college, small college I admit, and we ran sharper routes than these Huskers. They have more talent than our WR room, but they do not hold a higher standard. All their routes are rounded and lazy. Brutal to watch, Raiola has to throw them open.
Maybe it’s because we don’t have any depth so the starting wr can do as they please because they won’t get pulled

putting everything squarely on his shoulders is outrageously immature from our offensive braintrust

I’ve been saying it for a while. We should be asking him to protect the ball and letting him pass in advantageous situations. Supposedly we were just eliminating TO’s from being a competitive team, so let him focus on that.

Reactions: king_kong_
Our pathetic inability to run the ball, and our lack of will to emphasize it is inexcusable. You have a young talented QB, protecting him with a competent run game is imperative. It doesn’t look like it is or was a priority for our OC/staff.
Horrible Oline and has been like that for years. That is the key.

I’ve been saying it for a while. We should be asking him to protect the ball and letting him pass in advantageous situations. Supposedly we were just eliminating TO’s from being a competitive team, so let him focus on that.
I believe a good deal of what went into getting him to flip was Rhule assuring Dylan and his dad that if he came here it wouldn’t be as a game manager and that the offense would be built around him from day 1

I believe a good deal of what went into getting him to flip was Rhule assuring Dylan and his dad that if he came here it wouldn’t be as a game manager and that the offense would be built around him from day 1

I don’t believe that is true.

Reactions: V-Doub
1: correct. Our wr’s fail to get separation.
2: he’s not a dual threat
3: he’s not a dual threat

Criticizing DR is ridiculous. He’s a true freshman. Name a true freshman that started from week 1 and was successful. Now name a true freshman that started from week 1 on a terrible team with no o line and no running game and below average wr’s and was successful. Just stop. He kept us in it early and then coaches went air Nebraska and put the whole load on shoulders. Did people really expect him to be the best qb in the country? Arch manning has barely played in year 2 and was last years Dylan riaola.
It’s okay to criticize him to a degree but we HAVE to commit to running the ball 80% of the time on first down. We passed on every first down in the second half. It’s stupid.

That’s not exactly a unique view with a rookie QB. The number of drop backs without a real play action is stupid. Of course play action only works if you can run it. Satt came out of the gates chucking it way too much😕

He's a freshman qb getting zero help from the rest of the skill positions.
True. True Frosh and RSFr. look good because they have a solid supporting cast. Jamies Winston was great as a RSFr. because he had NFL talent all around him on that offense. Hell, look at TMart. Not near the scale of NFL guys around him as a RSFr, he had dudes he could lean on.
Dylan is likely our best offensive player relative to skill and talent comparisons to other positions.

That's actually very troubling.

He doesn’t have much different stats wise than Adrian his freshman year at the same point, except no rushing threat at all…..

I think he’ll be very good if he learns from his mistakes and actually develops.

4 TDs. 5 INTs in bigten play
Zero run threat

I’m not sure our offense this yr is much better than with Haarberg last yr and if Haarberg improved his passing in the off season which the staff said he did we might be a more effecvtive offense with Haarberg

But alas, promises were made

Last edited:

Just watched the KSU first TD. Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run… play action TD.

Why in the ever loving hell would we not do the same? Run the ball, 1 yard, 8 yards, 2 yards, whatever. Commit to it and then play action over the top. It’s so simple. I watched my kid’s high school team do it last night. I just watched KSU do it. Football is not a finesse game. Hit someone. Do it over and over and over again and then go over the top.

4 TDs. 5 INTs in bigten play
Zero run threat

I’m not sure our offense this yr is much better than with Haarberg last yr and if Haarberg improved his passing in the off season which the staff said he did we might be a more effecvtive offense with Haarberg

But alas, promises were made
It’s worse this year. I don’t think our record would be any different this year if HH were the starter. His run threat would help keep Backers and DBs honest. It’s not Dylan’s fault and I don’t believe it’s Donovan’s fault. It’s play calling more than anything else IMO. Our O line has been pretty solid in pass pro and at times opens run lanes. We give up WAY too early if we get stuffed once and the 90% plus pass play calls on first down HAS to stop.

if anything, having DR has exposed this staff more than any opponent has

he's clearly capable of performing on the biggest of stages

our coaches are not
Mmmmm. DR is not ready to be a P5 starter IMO but our staff isn’t helping. They’re expecting too much and putting too much on his shoulders.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
I’ve been trying to give Satt the benefit of the doubt. But these last few weeks the play calling has been beyond bad. We have ZERO offensive identity. ZERO. And it’s been this way for two seasons. And now that we have a 5 star QB and what should be upgrades at all the skill positions. Our complete lack of offense is on the OC and ultimately the HC if he doesn’t make a change. Our OC should not be on the bus back to Lincoln tomorrow.
I believe Rhule should fire Satt and Foley this week. We will lose to Ohio St no matter what, but we can still finish strong with better offensive output and special teams. Satt gets cute when we need to establish a rhythm and Foley is just failing as a special teams coach.

Reactions: shocksker
WR room isn’t good. OL isn’t good. RB room isn’t good. Offensive identity and play calling isn’t good. QB has a ton of potential, but is a true freshman and can’t overcome the ineptitude all around him.
What is sad is going into this year everyone was saying we had the deepest WR room we ever had, the OL was among the best in the conference, and we had a terrific stable of RBs. All three have underperformed. Emmitt Johnson needs to get 70% of the carries with Dowdell RB2. Nelson is supposedly our best athlete and needs to be on the field more. It's time to give up on Corcoran and Prochazka (who should be moved to all-blocking TE). We needed to bring in more portal guys for the OL and we're paying the price for assuming those guys could ever stay healthy. RB should have been addressed more in the portal as well.
NU needs to spend around 10-15 million to get the roster to where it needs to be if we want to compete with the best teams next year.

Reactions: HuskerAlum92
What is sad is going into this year everyone was saying we had the deepest WR room we ever had, the OL was among the best in the conference, and we had a terrific stable of RBs. All three have underperformed. Emmitt Johnson needs to get 70% of the carries with Dowdell RB2. Nelson is supposedly our best athlete and needs to be on the field more. It's time to give up on Corcoran and Prochazka (who should be moved to all-blocking TE). We needed to bring in more portal guys for the OL and we're paying the price for assuming those guys could ever stay healthy. RB should have been addressed more in the portal as well.
NU needs to spend around 10-15 million to get the roster to where it needs to be if we want to compete with the best teams next year.
Did Nelson make an appearance today?

I believe Rhule should fire Satt and Foley this week. We will lose to Ohio St no matter what, but we can still finish strong with better offensive output and special teams. Satt gets cute when we need to establish a rhythm and Foley is just failing as a special teams coach.
He won't fire anyone but I do agree with you. As a leader, when things are trending bad repeatedly, it's usually personally. Matt leads the coaches. Personnel there isn't good....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT