ADVERTISEMENT

a standard for the idiom "blue blood" ...

you can't just dictate this kind of stuff just because you don't like someone.. remember, you can always put them on ignore if you don't want to interact with them.
That's fine if they're actual fans? Like of the team the page is built around, or amicable to relevant discussion. Which this douche is doing anything but (until he knows that the wolves are beginning to close in on him, then he suddenly pops out a single "positive" comment about Nebraska to save face).

here's a true reflection of blue blood status v. reality ...

Why revive a dead thread? It’s been dormant for nearly a month, and now you post a chart about being the most underrated? Who cares? This has absolutely nothing to do with blue blood status. I don’t get it.

Reactions: buckknowsall
Why revive a dead thread? It’s been dormant for nearly a month, and now you post a chart about being the most underrated? Who cares? This has absolutely nothing to do with blue blood status. I don’t get it.
oh, i disagree. it has everything to due with status. look at the teams at the bottom. almost without exception some would label each a blue blood. they are consistently overrated for that reason.

oh, i disagree. it has everything to due with status. look at the teams at the bottom. almost without exception some would label each a blue blood. they are consistently overrated for that reason.
So what? Time to reclassify blue bloods? Happy to see 6 or 7 of those blue bloods before Nebraska.

How does this change the standard of blue blood programs? You know, Notre dame, USC, Texas, Michigan, NEBRASKA… this chart proves nothing about standards, the title of this thread you posted.

well, you ask a lot of questions that are probably mostly rhetorical. the subject here is blue bloods. and this chart shows that blue bloods tend to affect the narrative more than they should, certainly in preseason rankings v. actual performance.

Did you not get enough attention today? Here ya go!

baba-bottle.gif

well, you ask a lot of questions that are probably mostly rhetorical. the subject here is blue bloods. and this chart shows that blue bloods tend to affect the narrative more than they should, certainly in preseason rankings v. actual performance.
The best teams historically get the benefit of the doubt in people’s minds during the preseason?

Wow, stop the presses

Did you also guffaw when you found out that attractive people garner more favorable treatment than ugly ones?

Has anyone else noticed all the media coverage the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys receive even when they’re not any good?

Not fair!

1/
this makes the point that nebraska - like the yanks and boys - is a blue blood. i think we need some games because this whole thread is about blue bloods, a compliment to husker fans, that they have somehow seen as an attack. whatever blue, i guess, is red in this case.

this makes the point that nebraska - like the yanks and boys - is a blue blood. i think we need some games because this whole thread is about blue bloods, a compliment to husker fans, that they have somehow seen as an attack. whatever blue, i guess, is red in this case.
Doesn't this tired routine in which you come here for no other reason than to start an argument, then wet yourself because you found one, ever get old for you?

I would think that even a pretentious gasbag stuck in Manhattan, KS, could find a more entertaining way to spend his time, day after day after day.

Doesn't this tired routine in which you come here for no other reason than to start an argument, then wet yourself because you found one, ever get old for you?

I would think that even a pretentious gasbag stuck in Manhattan, KS, could find a more entertaining way to spend his time, day after day after day.
i came here to put some frosting on the blue blood cake with data that shows the fact - N is a blue blood.

this whole thread is about blue bloods, a compliment to husker fans, that they have somehow seen as an attack.
nobody is arguing this fact

people are bristling at the obvious & horribly disguised backhanded nature of the "compliment"

and the fact it's being delivered by you, a fan of a program whose teeth we kicked in for so long you will never recover

nobody is arguing this fact

people are bristling at the obvious & horribly disguised backhanded nature of the "compliment"

and the fact it's being delivered by you, a fan of a program whose teeth we kicked in for so long you will never recover
so what is 'backhanded' in my compliment, precisely?

so what is 'backhanded' in my compliment, precisely?
Its because you are a KSU fan and they dont like outsiders. No matter how much sense you make, they will always talk down to you. I for one welcome outsiders, especially ones with nice lake houses in MN who may want to allow nice NU fans to use it someday. Just saying.

Its because you are a KSU fan and they dont like outsiders. No matter how much sense you make, they will always talk down to you. I for one welcome outsiders, especially ones with nice lake houses in MN who may want to allow nice NU fans to use it someday. Just saying.
now we get to the nub of the issue, so to speak.

I’ll give you $100 if you take a shit in the hot tub.

• Sad
Reactions: AVeritas
The part where you post an article listing the most overrated teams as proof of your "compliment"
i thought that made the case better than any argument i've read here one way or the other. you took it as some sort of slam. whatever, perception is reality, i guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT