ADVERTISEMENT

9-16 PC notes Micah now #2

Micah must have violated some team policy and apparently sat on the bench for one game and now got demoted for it.

Reactions: headcard
Scared Uh Oh GIF by Boomerang Official
Rut Roh !

• Haha
Reactions: huntered

-Has only gotten to know Bret Bielema during time in the Big Ten. BB heads up a Big Ten coaches group chat.-Micah Mazzccua will not play this week. Not injured.-Says Henry Lutovsky's healthy and ready to go as starter at that spot. Was earmarked as the starter coming in.-Illinois has altered what they do defensively since last season where Nebraska won 20-7.-Says NU OL has done a really good job but won't know anything about the group until B1G play.-Understands the gravity of Friday being the 400th consecutive sellout.-"My job though is to make sure we in that game."-Jimari Butler will be available Friday.-Put 2s in earlier against UNI than normally would because of short week coming up.-"We're trying to compete to win the Big Ten."-Nonconference is "preseason" and now the season begins with the stakes higher in league play.-Defense didn't like how they tackled against UNI.-Will find out how physical Huskers are Friday.-Really hard to focus on specific situations during weeks in the season. Haven't had many difficult situations with three straight games in hand at halftime.-Having to find away to do more situational stuff in practices.-Kai Wallin could have played last year but redshirted.-Kai can mix in with the 2s and even the 1s.-Riley Van Poppel will redshirt.-Says RVP can play 8-10 plays a game this year or could be Ty Robinson in the future.-"Embrace the delay"-Told Ty Robinson he should leave and go make some money, but guys like Ty "are why guys like me coach".-Aidan Flege's long snapping was great. Set to be in for short snaps (field goals) and Camden Witucki on long snaps (punts).-Advantages to be home during a short week: use of own facilities and not having to travel.-Have to be physically, mentally, and emotionally ready.-NU was all three last year at Illinois.-Preseason fluff is not real. Gotta be ready to go now.-Illinois has big power running game with mobile quarterback and two explosive WRs on the outside.-Tommi Hill and Marques Buford and DBs will have to do well.-Most of the week is the same for Nebraska, despite game being on Friday. Sunday was slightly different, and Thursday will be a walkthrough.

OK ideally both Micah and NU want this to go well and this season mutually benefits both of them and we move on to the next year being better off. Both him and NU.

Now that we got that disclaimer out of the way.....Per his Husker bio, Micah Redshirted in 2020, but hasn't taken his COVID year. So if this is something where he can't put it all together, and it costs him hundreds of thousands of dollars not getting drafted, he could come back next year.

Corcoran, did use his COVID season, but only played in 3 games, so for how they've handled appeals so far, that would probably be allowed too.

It sounds like Nelson has a ways to go with being confident with the playbook.
That would probably be my concern too. All of his touches so far, he comes in specifically for a handful of plays designed to get him the ball. How comfortable is he with the 90 other plays where he doesn't. I think we have some other concerns about WRs blocking, TEs producing, etc that are more important to our offense than a talented freshman hybrid player. Just MO

Reactions: dinglefritz
That would probably be my concern too. All of his touches so far, he comes in specifically for a handful of plays designed to get him the ball. How comfortable is he with the 90 other plays where he doesn't. I think we have some other concerns about WRs blocking, TEs producing, etc that are more important to our offense than a talented freshman hybrid player. Just MO
No knock on Bonner, but he is nowhere near the playmaker Nelson is. Nelson isn't a hybrid at this point. So Bonner might be the starter now, but I think Nelson will continue to gain snaps. You can't get back your senior year of high school, but damn, think if Nelson would have enrolled early.

No knock on Bonner, but he is nowhere near the playmaker Nelson is. Nelson isn't a hybrid at this point. So Bonner might be the starter now, but I think Nelson will continue to gain snaps. You can't get back your senior year of high school, but damn, think if Nelson would have enrolled early.
I'm impressed, don't get me wrong....but you can't just make up years of never playing 11 man football. Years of never playing WR or getting coached to play WR, by a paid coach(vs Ainsworth where it's a volunteer staff). We heard in practice at times he's had drop trouble, which might be from not have years of consistently catching balls.....hell wasn't he in one of the On3 videos being shown how to be fitted properly for shoulder pads that allow you to catch over the shoulder? I think on one side of the scale is immense talent, and on the other is a lot of small adjustments to playing big time ball and being a position specific player. Just my .02

I personally choose to pump the brakes on Nelson. If he was ready to take over games, he'd be starting. Each fan can make their own conclusions tho.

I am intrigued to see what Bonner could do with some targets. You aren't a 4 star player by accident, and I think just like our TEs, he could make a bigger impact.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So what did Micah do? Or allegedly do?
Have absolutely no idea. I would Guess, it is academics or maybe not being punctual. Something where he has a bad altitude and needs to be more responsible, but in the big picture realm of things, not Major,

I don't have the answer, but for what it's worth ... when he was pulled out of the game in favor of a sub against Colorado, he reacted very negatively. Pouted, went off by himself, did not join the other OL on the bench. Did anyone else happen to catch that? I remarked to the guy I was sitting with that Micah was showing a piss poor attitude. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but it was noticeable. FWIW

• Wow
Reactions: SickOfPractice
I don't have the answer, but for what it's worth ... when he was pulled out of the game in favor of a sub against Colorado, he reacted very negatively. Pouted, went off by himself, did not join the other OL on the bench. Did anyone else happen to catch that? I remarked to the guy I was sitting with that Micah was showing a piss poor attitude. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but it was noticeable. FWIW
I didn't notice that. Do you think he was pulled toward the end of the game to give some second teamers some PT, or do you think he was subbed out due to performance?

I saw someone on Reddit postulating that he was puffing his chest to coach Raiola in practice for some disagreement. Probably not true. But could be lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT