ADVERTISEMENT

6 News WOWT: Former Husker players want a say in who leads athletic program

Sometimes those types of leaders, maybe even often, wouldn’t appear to have the resume to make them appear “qualified” to the public.
True but I will be more precise. I think you’re spot on

I don’t need the public to be fully on board with the selection but I do know fully defined terms will allow the public the chance to better trust those making the decision.

Too many people like the idea of a term that is nebulous because they can “turn it onto what they want it to be” when it isn’t the actual definition.

Kind
Fair
Honest

Three words that sounds great and positive but need to be defined to everyone has the same expectations of the definition.

Reactions: dinglefritz
As I said earlier, I believe all the major stakeholders should be represented on a search committee. But also no one group of stakeholders should be dominant.
Define “all” and “major” and then see if those who are expressing their opinions agree with that standard, likely not.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Just because they played for Nebraska does not mean they are remotely qualified to be part of a job search for an Athletic Director. Not even remotely.

They are as qualified for the search as we are to play for the Huskers right now
Well, previous searches haven’t exactly yielded great results. I don’t trust current leadership to make a good decision and I think hiring search committees is beyond stupid.

I’d rather have Ed Stewart.. Even Paul Meyers would be 10 times better than Davison and he held the same position as MD did when TO and Shawn Eichorst were AD’s..

He most likely wouldn’t want the job because he is busy watching his son Jake play for the Astros..
I don't think Paul Meyers would even be interested although he would be competent and excellent in the position. And Ed Stewart would be much better than Matt Davison.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT