ADVERTISEMENT

50th Year Anniversary

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Today when my Father took me to my very first Nebraska Game in Lincoln..

Nebraska lost that Day to Missouri 16-14 and had 6 fumbles that doomed the out come..
Scott Frost dad Larry, played that day and had 2 carries for zero yards..

After the game Devaney said” I have never felt so badly”.” Not so much over just losing but the method we used to loss the ball game”.

“ We’ve Got to Keep our chins up”...

KU won the Big 8 that year, but at the time Nebraska was in last place with K-State how ended up shutting Nebraska out 12-0 for the last home game and fans at the time were calling for Devaney head...

Last edited:
Today when my Father took me to my very first Nebraska Game in Lincoln..

Nebraska lost that Day to Missouri 16-14 and had 6 fumbles that doomed the out come..
Scott Frost dad Larry, played that day and had 2 carries for zero yards..

After the game Devaney said” I have never felt so badly”.” Not so much over just losing but the method we used to loss the ball game”.

“ We’ve Got to Keep our chins up”...

KU won the Big 8 that year, but at the time Nebraska was in last place with K-State how ended up shutting Nebraska out 12-0 for the last home game and fans at the time were calling for Devaney head...
68 was considered the "dark year" of modern NU football history. Much as this year is except the fact that no one (few) are calling for coach Frost head. Hopefully the results are the same

68 was considered the "dark year" of modern NU football history. Much as this year is except the fact that no one (few) are calling for coach Frost head. Hopefully the results are the same

Two consecutive 6-4 seasons after going 9-2 in '66 with losses to OU (by 1 in Norman) and Bama. Much like this year, when you have high expectations going in and you fall well short, fans get pretty restless. Thankfully they didn't run the Bobfather out of town before he had a chance to become the Bobfather.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT