ADVERTISEMENT

4-star WR commit Jaevon McQuitty

"He’ll be rooming with 4-star quarterback Tristan Gebbia and 3-star receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr., teammates at Calabasas (Calif.) High School, in a dorm with two rooms"

Well, that should make most feel better about KJJ and Gebbia keeping their commitments. Not 100%, but close to it if he is rooming with them.

"He’ll be rooming with 4-star quarterback Tristan Gebbia and 3-star receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr., teammates at Calabasas (Calif.) High School, in a dorm with two rooms"

Well, that should make most feel better about KJJ and Gebbia keeping their commitments. Not 100%, but close to it if he is rooming with them.
Guess I was unaware there was anything to be worried about with those 2

Didn't McQuitty say earlier this year that he was going to room with someone who hadn't announced their commitment yet? I guess that silent commit wasn't so committed was he?

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Or maybe this is why you don't trust tweets or statements from 17 year olds about "silent commits".

Talking about silent commits is just a game we play to console ourselves that our recruiting really is going to end with a Big Bang.

I notice teams that are in the top ten recruiting rankings don't ever seem to have silent commits. Their four and five star guys are more than happy to scream out publicly "I am going to Alabama!" Yes teams really do have silent commits. They are real and it happens. But it is funny how every year we talk about them and every year they aren't there.

Or maybe this is why you don't trust tweets or statements from 17 year olds about "silent commits".

Talking about silent commits is just a game we play to console ourselves that our recruiting really is going to end with a Big Bang.

I notice teams that are in the top ten recruiting rankings don't ever seem to have silent commits. Their four and five star guys are more than happy to scream out publicly "I am going to Alabama!" Yes teams really do have silent commits. They are real and it happens. But it is funny how every year we talk about them and every year they aren't there.

Lamar Jackson says "hello".

Reactions: headcard
Didn't McQuitty say earlier this year that he was going to room with someone who hadn't announced their commitment yet? I guess that silent commit wasn't so committed was he?

He recently said it would be Avery Roberts.

Keyshawn has already signed his Financial Aid papers... He's Signed Sealed & Delivered.

I think everyone has silent commits. The player will tell the coach they are committing, but have their different reasons for waiting to announce publicly. Ceremony at school, tell other coaches, release a video, etc.

Like I said in my post, I do not deny that there are silent commits. But my main point is that talk of silent commits is often just wishful thinking. Here is hoping that it is Avery Roberts! That would be a huge get.

Avery Roberts has already signed his grant in aid papers for Nebraska and will be there in January to start class

Keyshawn has already signed his Financial Aid papers... He's Signed Sealed & Delivered.

By signed, I mean the actual LOI in February, not the nonbinding financial paperwork.
By delivered I mean he is living in Lincoln and in classes already.
To my knowledge, he is still living in Cali and not taking classes in Lincoln yet.

Sort of. Those papers are non binding. He can sign those at 10 different schools

Exactly.

99.9% chance they stay committed, but that isn't signed, sealed, and delivered yet.

KJJ is coming. So are the others. But they are not here yet.

ADVERTISEMENT