ADVERTISEMENT

4-18 PC Notes

I just read an article on Yahoo Sports about UTEP's spring game. They are doing real game type spring game. Saturday at 10am, doesnt say what channel. Im hoping to watch it. Looks like their new coach has started to right that ship. We better be ready to play come August 31st. GBR.

I just read an article on Yahoo Sports about UTEP's spring game. They are doing real game type spring game. Saturday at 10am, doesnt say what channel. Im hoping to watch it. Looks like their new coach has started to right that ship. We better be ready to play come August 31st. GBR.
Is there a channel for Nebraska's spring game yet?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
So UTEP has never had a real spring game before? I seriously doubt it is shown on tv .

Reactions: tjlSker90
Unless Pelini comes back & doesn't want it televised. 🤣
Ha, but seriously the fear of an opponent watching a Spring Game is rather ridiculous. Far more valuable real game film will be available for them to review during the season. And Spring Games are controlled any way, ie., no super secret trick plays are going to be played..

Reactions: BleedRed78
JerDidn't Frost have a place of his own too?
Jersey Shore Mike GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation
His smash pad

Unbelievable. Hard to see this not working out. You have a guy like Riley who lived out of a hotel and then you have Rhule, who buys a downtown loft for recruiting in addition to his regular home. The loft happens to overlook downtown and the stadium to show recruits they are in a bigger city. Guy just gets it.
If I was being paid the dough Rhule is, I'd do the same thing. Ability to host people in a property you own near the stadium.

If I was being paid the dough Rhule is, I'd do the same thing. Ability to host people in a property you own near the stadium.
It’s probably more about being able to run there for lunch, to catch a 15 minute nap or being able to let guests like extended family use it. Tom slept on a couch in his office during the season.

Because he uses it for recruiting, I wonder if he can write at least some of it off as a business expense. Or maybe the athletic department pays for part of it?

Last edited:
Because he uses it for recruiting, I wonder if he can write at least some of it off as a business expense. Or maybe the athletic department pays part of it?
Maybe but don't get too greedy and cause an issue. As long as it's legal I have no problem with it

Reactions: BleedRed78
Because he uses it for recruiting, I wonder if he can write at least some of it off as a business expense. Or maybe the athletic department pays part of it?
Probably a portion of it can be written off against his salary. That would be for a tax accountant to figure out.

Rhule is always instructing his brain to come up with advantages and better ways of doing things.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT