ADVERTISEMENT

30 for 30

Sure, I'll be whatever you want me to be. It took this long for one of you to notice this thread? I bet you weren't even born when this CU vs NU stuff was going on. Or at least you were still crapping your diapers.

Sure, I'll be whatever you want me to be. It took this long for one of you to notice this thread? I bet you weren't even born when this CU vs NU stuff was going on. Or at least you were still crapping your diapers.

7f836ab0-446b-0133-5bae-0aecee5a8273.gif

I have to ask, are you really Leodis? Because I know Leodis, as he was kicking my ass in 1985 and 86 when Central played Northwest. If you are not Leodis then change your rivals name.

Never really liked CU, grew up in Scottsbluff, had a guy that was a few grades above me get a scholarship to play for them in the early 80s. We heard plenty about CU, quite a few fans of CU in the area....kind of sucked when they got good, tickets were a little (but not a lot) harder to come by when NU was in town. I live in Denver now, CU fans are pretty pragmatic when you get past the hate of Nebraska. They have actually shown signs of life the past few weeks, if they played NU right now it would be a toss up.

Pretty sure that N on the side of NU's helmets meant kicking the you know what out of CU's ass, as far as you are concerned.

That show brought back all my dislike of CU at the time.... thanks ESPN I needed a little rage last night.

Just watched it -- best part of the whole thing is the shot of the CU team coming to the Coors Events Center after winning the Orange Bowl and the national championship....and there must be 3,000 fans tops at the reception. You can see that the upper areas of the events center are completely empty...and as Mac is addressing the fans, there are many many empty seats clearly visible right behind him. Made me chuckle. I saw him at a 4th of July game at Coors Field a couple of years back - I ran into him at the concession stand, I just blurted out his name when I recognized him. I talked to him for a minute, wished him well....at the end I said I was a Husker, his expression changed ever so slightly, almost like a tick...maybe I was reading something that wasn't there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT