ADVERTISEMENT

2nd HALF GAME THREAD!

If we were going to run the ball I would have done it out of the shotgun. What would you have called?
We ran the first one out of the shotgun/pistol. Then went to a play that had been working all night, but was nailed for a loss by a linebacker who made a great play. I don't have any issue with what was called. I questioned you because you obviously did. I'm sure you know better since all you do is complain.

Reactions: 1 person
Losing on a piss f'ing poor non-PI call is hard to take. That's horrible.

I turned the game off and am still just sitting here in disbelief. Like...how can that be allowed to happen and not be called? Those kids got robbed.

Langford wasted 2 plays running up the middle. No call was huge and 4th down throw was high risk.. I just don't understand no running any screens, outside runs or run pass option..

PI or not ... there were 4 guys around Westy ... the ball had no business being thrown his way
Who cares? It's still pass interference any day of the week. Plenty of penalties are called on plays that shouldn't have been done that way, it was as clear pass interference as I have ever seen, it wasn't a question of did he grab him or not, he literally walled him off from even getting to the ball, that's pass interference any day off the week. I complain about officiating a lot, and even I would have not been the least bit upset if the teams were reversed and it had been called on Nebraska.

I would have to see thatpass
I would have loved a qb draw in either of the last 2 drives.....

Note they assigned a backer or safety to Tommy. It was clear they wanted Tommy to beat them with his arm, not his legs. It worked.

What wold you have called?

Short pass to Stanley Morgan? Wisconsin couldn't tackle him all night in the open field.

Would have liked to see a play-action on 1st down of overtime, we had momentum after the missed extra point.

Short pass to Stanley Morgan? Wisconsin couldn't tackle him all night in the open field.

Would have liked to see a play-action on 1st down of overtime, we had momentum after the missed extra point.
The coaches need to do some explaining as to why they waited till the fourth quarter to start getting Morgan the ball

I don't know what they should or should not have called on that overtime drive but it felt like the offense was playing for 3 rather than a TD.

Reactions: jeans15
We ran the first one out of the shotgun/pistol. Then went to a play that had been working all night, but was nailed for a loss by a linebacker who made a great play. I don't have any issue with what was called. I questioned you because you obviously did. I'm sure you know better since all you do is complain.
Like I said..out of shotgun, not the pistol. All I do is complain? Is that all you got?

Reactions: jeans15
Banderas got held on 2 of badgers plays in overtime by #65, first #65 just grabs him and throws him to the ground, next was on sweep to the left side #65 had Banderas by a arm bar. Got give these Big Ten officials their due they are constantly horrible, officials who cannot even spot the ball correctly. Westercamp got blowup in his route and not one BIG Ten official has the cojones to throw a flag. But heck they didn't the whole game. Been told officials should not criticize other officials, but these are not high school worthy.

don't get why we didn't run the outside zone read. was pretty successfull play all night.

Reactions: Redblood23

People would lynch the staff if they did that. Although anyone with half a brain understands that is a good play in that situation. It would be nice if people could get behind this staff instead of acting like redneck mouth-breathers after every play.

Reactions: kaz36
Who cares? It's still pass interference any day of the week. Plenty of penalties are called on plays that shouldn't have been done that way, it was as clear pass interference as I have ever seen, it wasn't a question of did he grab him or not, he literally walled him off from even getting to the ball, that's pass interference any day off the week. I complain about officiating a lot, and even I would have not been the least bit upset if the teams were reversed and it had been called on Nebraska.

I am no official and would like to look at that play again, not that it matters. the defensive person has every right to his position so the "walling off" is position fair and square. westy had three guys around him and did a nice job of selling it, but they weren't buying. I hope this isnt our battle cry for the rest of the year. We could have made more plays on D and a play or two on O would have been huge. oh well, good effort, not the result.

Banderas got held on 2 of badgers plays in overtime by #65, first #65 just grabs him and throws him to the ground, next was on sweep to the left side #65 had Banderas by a arm bar. Got give these Big Ten officials their due they are constantly horrible, officials who cannot even spot the ball correctly. Westercamp got blowup in his route and not one BIG Ten official has the cojones to throw a flag. But heck they didn't the whole game. Been told officials should not criticize other officials, but these are not high school worthy.
Wisconsin held so many times in this game, I lost count. On their first TD run, there was at least one hold (can't remember which player) and another block in the back (also can't remember which player). On their TD pass, Ross Dzuris was absolutely mugged right in front of the quarterback, probably sacks him or at the very least breaks up a pass if not for that hold. Long run that Wisconsin had later in the game, on the drive where Gerry's second INT ended the drive, Ross Dzuris was again absolutely mugged on the play. I also saw the holds on Bando you're referring to, and there are plenty others that I saw, but the player it was done to didn't stick in my mind.

Obviously some penalties are going to be missed, and not every hold is going to be called, but not a single one all game? And when it occurs right in front of the QB, there is no way it should be missed.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
We showed up and almost won this game when that wasn't supposed to be in the cards. Lets win in the Shoe next Sat and control our destiny.

I am no official and would like to look at that play again, not that it matters. the defensive person has every right to his position so the "walling off" is position fair and square. westy had three guys around him and did a nice job of selling it, but they weren't buying. I hope this isnt our battle cry for the rest of the year. We could have made more plays on D and a play or two on O would have been huge. oh well, good effort, not the result.
Of course, you would defend the no call. Of course you would. And if it was the other way around, you'd be saying we won unfairly.

not a single one, like ever, like in the history of football.

Huh? the only difference between the shotgun and pistol assuming a RB in the shotgun is the placement of the RB.

the shotgun and the pistol are two different formations. you can't run the outside zone read out of the pistol.

Huh? the only difference between the shotgun and pistol assuming a RB in the shotgun is the placement of the RB.
Pistol lets you run way more options in the run game.... but don't hold your breath on the experts here understanding that

With a FB in the game? Was he in the game? I could be wrong. Sorry...it was the wrong call. We were hurting Wisconsin by spreading them out. And the second down call? Genius right?

Pistol lets you run way more options in the run game.... but don't hold your breath on the experts here understanding that

but not the play that had been quite successful that we were getting our guys in a lot of open space.

Of course, you would defend the no call. Of course you would. And if it was the other way around, you'd be saying we won unfairly.

I said I would like to see it again. I was addressing the "walling off" comment. why such a jerk? it's in the books isnt it? They arent going back to change it are they?

We played a good game, the officials weren't good but sometimes on the road you have to overcome some things. Gerry gave us two gifts and we safely got 3 points. Riley has to play to win, I think he plays to not lose. With Tommy the last thing you want is overtime.

The defensive player has every right to his position, unless that position INTERFERES with the receiver getting to the ball. Also, it would be one thing if he ran to try to make an interception, and ran into Westy in the process, but he didn't, he ran over and just blocked him from getting to the ball. That's pass interference, not matter how you slice it. It should have been DPI, no matter what, and I would have said so even if it were Nebraska called for the penalty (as I'm sure you would have been very quick to say as well).

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Hate the result but respect the effort. tOSU is beatable and I wouldn't have said that 8 days ago.

but not the play that had been quite successful that we were getting our guys in a lot of open space.
The moment we lined up in that formation Wiscy knew we were running the ball. Forget about the first down call. Next playcall was a wasted down...but hey, I'm no expert.

We played a good game, the officials weren't good but sometimes on the road you have to overcome some things. Gerry gave us two gifts and we safely got 3 points. Riley has to play to win, I think he plays to not lose. With Tommy the last thing you want is overtime.

Why? Tommy was a gamer. Wisconsin's defense is no joke, injuries or not, that's a welll-coached group. With the right playcalls and playing to Tommy's strengths, I think we could have gotten the win. Why did we go away from the QB run? What happened to the screen game and getting DPE more involved? Why did Wilbon get brought in at some of the most crucial times?! And last but certainly not least, WHY WASN'T THE BLATANT PASS INTERFERENCE SEEN AND/OR ACKNOWLEDGED

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT