ADVERTISEMENT

2nd HALF BOWL GAME THREAD!

Seemed like the announcers were sort of biased. I counted three plays in which they didn't mention Barnett. They'll never give him any credit.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Good game, guys. Glad I didn't travel for this one. Who knew an 8-4 team would humiliate Nebraska?

463 will proclaim she saw his coming. Because Pelini.

Can we just get rid of Banker already, and do this program a favor? The guy is a sack of shit.
Landsdorf is the other half of the problem. Why does everyone treat him with kid gloves? Because next year he will....oh bullcrap. Look at his pedigree. And you are right on Banker.

Reactions: jeans15
Get rid of him too, while we're at it. He and Banker need their assess canned
We're starting two walkons one of whom wasn't in the 3 deep this last fall before the injuries. We completely whiffed on the O line recruiting class that should be playing right now. The good news is that we've got some very talented freshmen redshirting and are in the mix for some very talented guys in this recruiting class. I expect our O line to be much better next year. Hopefully we can field at least one better D end next year.

Pathetic we didn't get Barnett some rib shots to slow him down, why do u let one player
blow up your game plan?

No play calls to take advantage of his aggressiveness?

No, it was Fyfe and his receivers. On that drive, they could have mixed it up, like the last td they got, but the coaches played right into Tennessee's hands.
Lost the ability to "mix it up" when the defense couldn't get a stop. Hard to mix it up when you're down 14 late in the game.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Well I think we kept it closer than both Northwestern and Iowa did the past 2 years' bowl games against Tennessee. Need to keep UT out of the Big Ten West.

Last edited:
What happened to Cethan Carter? What a talent that this staff has wasted.

Cethan Carter will likely have a nice NFL career. Unfortunately his college career was a gigantic waste at Nebraska because we could not figure out how to get him the ball.

Loosing by two TD's without your three best players and with a walk on at QB is being humiliated?
Yes. The college football poll doesn't give a shit about your opinions/players out. Nor should your opinions be figured in.

Nebraska is bad. Get ready to tell me I'm all sorts of wrong. Because our coach us an unproven hackjob, making $1.5 million per year.

Yep, but I still think that at least should have been an option, there was over 5 minutes in the game, and they had success on the td to get to 24. Oh well, what can you do?
Yeah I thought the second-half play-calling and execution was really good until we hit desperation time. But when the Vols got back up by two TDs and could just bring the house, Fyfe (or anyone else, for that matter) had no chance.

Coach's don't line up,you write really big checks and get a good one. We have to pay attention and when one comes available go get him. We need to find our Harbaugh or Meyer etc. 5 years for every crappy coach we find has turned into 20 years. I am not a troll or stupid, I just don't share your opinion. Deal with it.

Man dont be so freaking dumb. You may think that Nebraska can afford to pay Pelini and 5 million a year for another coach but you are sadly mistaken. When Pelini is paid off and Riley retires I think then Nebraska opens up the check book and things really start to change.

Man dont be so freaking dumb. You may think that Nebraska can afford to pay Pelini and 5 million a year for another coach but you are sadly mistaken. When Pelini is paid off and Riley retires I think then Nebraska opens up the check book and things really start to change.
So you are saying when Pelini is paid off and Riley retires, then we will hire a real coach. Because Nebraska can't afford a good coach right now? And you call me freaking stupid.

You think the University wants to pay one coach 5 million dollars a year plus whatever his assistants get paid (guessing another 2 million a year) all while they are paying Pelini close to 2 million a year? Then they know that some dumbass Husker fans will want that coach fired after 2 years if he dont win a national title in 2 years? Hell some of you people would want Saban fired from here if he didnt win a title every year. This isnt the pros, you dont fire a coach after 2 years especially when he improved from a 5-7 record to 9-3 in the regular season in one year.

You think the University wants to pay one coach 5 million dollars a year plus whatever his assistants get paid (guessing another 2 million a year) all while they are paying Pelini close to 2 million a year? Then they know that some dumbass Husker fans will want that coach fired after 2 years if he dont win a national title in 2 years? Hell some of you people would want Saban fired from here if he didnt win a title every year. This isnt the pros, you dont fire a coach after 2 years especially when he improved from a 5-7 record to 9-3 in the regular season in one year.

Who said the Husker Nation is a rational fanbase? Winking

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT