ADVERTISEMENT

24 Feb 2019 Game 8: Nebraseball vs. Oregon State in Surprise, AZ (OSU wins 8-3)

Do you know the reason why OSU was the home team all four games? Seemed odd since it was at a neutral site. Not that it made a difference in any of the games by any means.
Not sure, but here is how it broke down in previous years in a quick look at the box scores...

22 Feb: AWAY vs. Oregon State
23 Feb: AWAY vs. Utah
24 Feb: AWAY vs. Oregon State
25 Feb: HOME vs. Utah

23 Feb: AWAY vs. Oregon State
24 Feb: HOME vs. Utah
25 Feb: AWAY vs. Oregon State
26 Feb: AWAY vs. Utah

Throwing in this season, and we were the home team in just 2 of 12 neutral site games.

Yup, the runs were few and far between.
I know a few of you were hoping for a Win or 2 this weekend.
I honestly was hoping for one, which should have been Game 2.
But besides the debacle in Game 3, this was about what I expected.
I feel like the team was more competitive than previous seasons with OSU.
I move on to the Frisco Classic.

Yup, the runs were few and far between.
I know a few of you were hoping for a Win or 2 this weekend.
I honestly was hoping for one, which should have been Game 2.
But besides the debacle in Game 3, this was about what I expected.
I feel like the team was more competitive than previous seasons with OSU.
I move on to the Frisco Classic.
Honestly, it was expected because that’s what we’ve been conditioned to expect. We may be better than last year but we are not very good. I see a 4th or 5th place Big Ten team right now. Still early, but rarely do we see Erstad teams improve by leaps and bounds throughout a season.

Honestly, it was expected because that’s what we’ve been conditioned to expect. We may be better than last year but we are not very good. I see a 4th or 5th place Big Ten team right now. Still early, but rarely do we see Erstad teams improve by leaps and bounds throughout a season.
Agreed-I think we're better than last year, good enough to make the conference tournament, but probably not an at-large regional team at this point. Which means we would still be looking for our first regional win of the Erstad era over somebody other than Binghamton.

Reactions: saluno22
Four games with Oregon St
Score: 38-9 OSU
Batting:
OSU .314, 9 doubles, 4 home runs
NU .207, 5 doubles, 0 home runs
Pitching:
OSU 2.25 ERA, 9 walks, 43 strikeouts
NU 9.56 ERA, 19 walks, 31 strikeouts

Normally I would want to watch the games before deciding on the relative baseball skills of the two teams but, these numbers are so out of balance no such eyeballing is necessary. Beaver baseball is so far out of our league I can think of no reason, whatsoever, why we should play them. Especially in February.

Total mismatch and possibly far more damaging to our players psyche than any supposed teaching moment benefit. I hate this scheduling.

A wise man once asked...
Is it bad that I'm rooting for two rainouts?

Pretty sure he knew the answer - no, it's not bad.

No sign of Bo Blessie. Is he injured? Or does he throw too hard for this staff? They seem to prefer Fishers 6+ERA and his 83MPH fastball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT