ADVERTISEMENT

2025-26 recruiting class updates #2FiveCrew

The top of Class B definitely isn’t what it used to be. Gretna going back down will help though.
That may be true, but the middle of Class A is not what it used to be either and the bottom third of Class A is awful.

But those new Omaha & Lincoln Class B schools are horrible as well. Seems like Class A and Class B football are both in the same situation. A couple great teams, a couple decent teams, several average teams and the rest is bad or horrendous.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I feel the only scenario in which QB play is not improved in 2024 is if DR misses most/all of it due to injury. Let’s just hope that doesn’t happen.
kiss of death fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

That may be true, but the middle of Class A is not what it used to be either and the bottom third of Class A is awful.

But those new Omaha & Lincoln Class B schools are horrible as well. Seems like Class A and Class B football are both in the same situation. A couple great teams, a couple decent teams, several average teams and the rest is bad or horrendous.
Yep. Class B is the one that got screwed the worst when Elkhorn South + Gretna moved up and Aurora moved down.

I’m not sure who in Nebraska that the bottom of Class A could beat.

What’s his 40 time? I want the whole package. Arm, speed and smart.
He is a drop back, pocket passer. It is on his profiles. He is tall and has great arm strength and pocket presence.

I don't recall anyone asking how fast DR is? Do you know his 40 speed? Irrelevant, he won't be a runner, except for his life at times.

Reactions: BleedRed78
He is a drop back, pocket passer. It is on his profiles. He is tall and has great arm strength and pocket presence.

I don't recall anyone asking how fast DR is? Do you know his 40 speed? Irrelevant, he won't be a runner, except for his life at times.
DR has video showing he has at least some ability to escape pressure. Virtually every top program in the country have QBs with good to good excellent mobility. It’s important.

DR has video showing he has at least some ability to escape pressure. Virtually every top program in the country have QBs with good to good excellent mobility. It’s important.
But you asked his 40 time as you want speed and the entire package.

I have this feeling some are going to be disappointed with a pure pocket guy in DR who doesn't run unless provoked into doing so. According to what you list, DR would not have the complete package.

But you asked his 40 time as you want speed and the entire package.

I have this feeling some are going to be disappointed with a pure pocket guy in DR who doesn't run unless provoked into doing so. According to what you list, DR would not have the complete package.
That is probably correct unless he’s big and strong enough to shed tacklers and pick up first downs with his feet when he has to. There’s different ways to be a run threat. Skinny QBs better be fast.

Reactions: wkato
After watching last year's offense, I would prefer having (and watching) a QB that's a threat to pass the ball to guys further than 5 yards down the field on a consistent basis. As boring as that statement is, I am excited at the possibility of watching that next season after witnessing a 'choose your own adventure' any time any of the QBs dropped back to pass last season.

After watching last year's offense, I would prefer having (and watching) a QB that's a threat to pass the ball to guys further than 5 yards down the field on a consistent basis. As boring as that statement is, I am excited at the possibility of watching that next season after witnessing a 'choose your own adventure' any time any of the QBs dropped back to pass last season.
Choose your own adventure books were incredible when I was in grade school! What a blast from the past… thanks for bringing up a good memory for me.

Choose your own adventure books were incredible when I was in grade school! What a blast from the past… thanks for bringing up a good memory for me.

If you want to drop the ball for no reason, turn to page 46.

If you want to not call timeout down 3 with a minute left and 3 timeouts from the Wisconsin 22, turn to page 88.

If you want to throw the ball sidearm 10 yards over your tight end's head, turn to page 105.

If you want to drop the ball for no reason, turn to page 46.

If you want to not call timeout down 3 with a minute left and 3 timeouts from the Wisconsin 22, turn to page 88.

If you want to throw the ball sidearm 10 yards over your tight end's head, turn to page 105.
If you take the phone call from the #1 qb recruit, turn to page 55.

If you ignore the call and continue meeting with a top portal qb, turn to page 82.

Rumor is he is the new qb coach but it hasn't been officially announced. 1620 talked about it.
Well looking him up, he's officially an offensive analyst that previously spent time with Rhule at Temple but did not follow Rhule to Baylor. Has some background in recruiting. Might be a backup candidate for QB coach I'm guessing if other choices fall through (assuming of course Satt gives up the QB responsibility and coaches another position which is looking less likely to me).

LINK

Reactions: Laner2
Well looking him up, he's officially an offensive analyst that previously spent time with Rhule at Temple but did not follow Rhule to Baylor. Has some background in recruiting. Might be a backup candidate for QB coach I'm guessing if other choices fall through (assuming of course Satt gives up the QB responsibility and coaches another position which is looking less likely to me).

LINK
Dylan and Danny will make his job pretty easy and make him look real good.

Reactions: dinglefritz

LINK
Around the time DR committed Phil Simpson was in FL (maybe the Miami area) and sealed the deal with three players who then committed to us, maybe Amare, Traver (sp?) and a third guy. Not sure of his qualifications to be a solid QB coach but it appears he can recruit.

Around the time DR committed Phil Simpson was in FL (maybe the Miami area) and sealed the deal with three players who then committed to us, maybe Amare, Traver (sp?) and a third guy. Not sure of his qualifications to be a solid QB coach but it appears he can recruit.
Simpson has a defensive background. Played dline at Temple. Current defensive assistant.

Reactions: Laner2
Just curious because I have no idea and wonder whether Rhule is staying after it with local kids, but are there any other Nebraska 2025 or 2026 guys overdue for an offer? It seems like past coaches would offer NE kids early in their tenure (almost like a PR move) then fall asleep at the wheel in local recruiting. Hopefully that’s not the case (ever) with Rhule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT