ADVERTISEMENT

2024 defense vs 2023 defense: better or worse?

GBRforLife1

Head Coach
Feb 18, 2020
Can the defense be better than last year with all the questions marks at DB after losing the DB coach right before fall camp?

I think we all expect the D-line and LBs to be pretty solid maybe even improved.

Good question.. usually a big jump from year 1 to year 2.. how many starters are returning? I think it’s a lot, though we didn’t see many of them this spring, so other than a few positions, we should be better?

Can the defense be better than last year with all the questions marks at DB after losing the DB coach right before fall camp?

I think we all expect the D-line and LBs to be pretty solid maybe even improved.
I would like to think that getting Butler hired off sets losing Copper.

Just hope Tommi Hill comes back full speed, and would like seeing Singleton be back where he was before when he was lost for the season last year..

Agree. The secondary has me concerned as far as the Boulder clown show. Hopefully the DLine can get enough pressure that the deep ball is not an issue
So much depends on how well Colorado’s new offensive line loaded with transfers plays. Glad we play them early before those guys gel as a unit. The potential is there for us to turn this into a sack fest. Add in what promises to be a rabid crowd, that make shift offensive line of theirs might just implode with procedure penalties and a late first step since they will need to be looking at the center.

This is the truth.

That is why 6-1 is even a bad start this year...they are only paying one team with an offense in the first 7 weeks.
Don’t look past Rutgers. Very, very good defense and they are well coached. In fact, even though it is in Lincoln I think this will be one of our toughest games out of the first seven.

Until proven otherwise, I still have concerns with our LB and secondary as a whole. Several good athletes at the LB spots but who stands out as the go- to playmaker? The same for the safeties and corners. I don't want to hear "the talent is there" as I don't know what that means anymore - talent to do what? An injury or two could spell disaster for this group.

Last edited:
Our defense line will have a monster year! If our linebackers have learned at all how to fill “open” gaps and play their area/positions, this defense will be fun to watch! 😉

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Until proven otherwise, I still have concerns with our LB and secondary as a whole. Several good athletes at the LB spots but who stands out as the got to playmaker? The same for the safeties and corners. I don't want to hear "the talent is there" as I don't know what that means anymore - talent to do what? An injury or two could spell disaster for this group.
Thank you for that insightful obvious information

Better season stats

Losing Reimer, Newsome and O. Brown hurts.

But having another year in White’s system for a ton of guys and with promising youth emerging…. leaves me comfortable thinking they’ll be ok.
You always have to replace talent every year.

Reactions: king_kong_
Losing Reimer, Newsome and O. Brown hurts.

But having another year in White’s system for a ton of guys and with promising youth emerging…. leaves me comfortable thinking they’ll be ok.
You always have to replace talent every year.
We hired a very qualified DC in waiting. They're expecting a good enough year T. White accepts a HC job. Not worried at all.

Reactions: HominidHusker
sacks and hurries will tell the tale. dl will need to improve, will know a little with those buffaloes running wild.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT