ADVERTISEMENT

2024 CFB Hot Takes

thall_

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 25, 2022
Post your hot takes here.

Mine is that Texas will regress severely. Looking at their schedule, I only see 5 guaranteed wins: Colorado State, UTSA, ULM, Miss St, Vanderbilt.

Georgia is likely a loss. Oklahoma, Michigan, Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida, and Texas A&M could go either way. If I had to bet, they'll go 4-2 against that stretch.

Looking at last year, they played a total of 3 teams capable of a winning record in the SEC (Alabama, Oklahoma, Washington) and went 1-2 against them. Alabama was a good win, but it was early in the year and against an Alabama team that nearly lost to South Florida before getting their shit together later in the year. I do not see them getting it done week in, week out against teams with top 25 recruiting classes. remember this is the same team that beat a 4-8 Houston and 5-7 TCU by 1 score.

Also, I am a hater and I like to see good things fail.

Iowa will continue to suck
Ohio State will win the National Championship
Nebraska will win 10 games in the regular season if DR stays healthy. If he is injured for much of the year we will win 6.
Penn State will be the sleeper team to win the B1G if OSU stubs its toe. They are loaded on defense.
Don't sleep on Rutgers
Texas and OU will do just fine in the SEC and expose the conference for the overhyped thing that it is.

Not a hot take. But anyone ever heard of Tarleton State? They play Baylor. I have watched CFB for many years and seen many small schools taking paydays to play teams. But that name is definitely new to me.

Reactions: ADV1
Not a hot take. But anyone ever heard of Tarleton State? They play Baylor. I have watched CFB for many years and seen many small schools taking paydays to play teams. But that name is definitely new to me.
played a pretty wild opener against McNeese St last week

Reactions: Walleye79
Nebraska fans have forgotten what it was like to Win humbly and will turn obnoxious... It's been far too LONG, I just hope we don't make idiots of ourselves
Nebraska Gets a Top Win this year against either USC or tOSU - Hence my comment above
As Penny said above, Don't sleep on Rutgers, I think this will be a slug fest (Happy I'll be up in the South Stadium for the game)
PAC teams are gonna "Feel" the B1G way of playing... gonna have to adjust and I don't know that'll happen in year 1
Alabama has a Meltdown year with all the changes
GA vs tOSU in the championship (Coin toss on who wins)

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
How about Kansas' opponent on Saturday - Lindenwood.
Edit: They are playing tonight, not on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bremser
____________ will play ____________ for the National Championship and _____________ will win _______ to ________. (will fill in later)

1. N will win first seven
2. ohio state will win natty
3. texas will play in the sec championship game
4. colorado will win four but not at lincoln
5. utah/k-state will play for b12 title

Reactions: thall_
1. B1G 10 wins another Natty. Either OSU or Oregon win it all.
2. Penn St. - Still the fraud of Big 10. Allar sucks and will win a decent amount of games, but zero of substance.
agree wholeheartedly.

Penn State is the Texas A&M of the Big 10. they'll give one of the conference titans a fit, but underachieve the rest of the way.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
How about Kansas' opponent on Saturday - Lindenwood.

I played NAIA baseball and at that time Lindenwood was in our conference. I graduated in 2003. I don’t remember when they moved from NAIA to NCAA, but I’m thinking it happened just in the last 10-15 years.

Kansas wins B12
Michigan is still elite even after losing so much
Georgia no longer is scary
TAMU plays in SEC championship
Oregon is disappointing
OSU wins title
Rutgers is actually good
ACC is trash
B12 will be the most fun conference
Neb will make a bowl
Kong will have one of you offering to fight him in a Wachovia parking lot
Most of these will be wrong