ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Ford Bronco

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
b1.jpg

b6.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner. They are going to sell the holy freaking heck out of that thing.

Drivetrain.....270 hp 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder. The Ford F-150’s 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 is optional and rated at 310 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are offered with a 10-speed automatic transmission, but the four-cylinder can also be matched to a 7-speed manual with an ultra-low “crawler” gear for extreme off-roading.

Starts at $29,995

b1.jpg

b6.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner. They are going to sell the holy freaking heck out of that thing.

Drivetrain.....270 hp 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder. The Ford F-150’s 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 is optional and rated at 310 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are offered with a 10-speed automatic transmission, but the four-cylinder can also be matched to a 7-speed manual with an ultra-low “crawler” gear for extreme off-roading.

Starts at $29,995
Idk. I think Ford has jumped the shark.

This will go the way of the new Jeep Gladiator. A bunch of people who love vintage Jeep pickups absolutely hated it and lost their minds on Jeep forums for months. And... suburban moms loved the shit out of it and bought a few. It's a mall crawler.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
This will go the way of the new Jeep Gladiator. A bunch of people who love vintage Jeep pickups absolutely hated it and lost their minds on Jeep forums for months. And... suburban moms loved the shit out of it and bought a few. It's a mall crawler.
Mall crawler. Sounds like how Toyota missed the mark with the FJ cruiser. Supposed to be the lived FJ-40 land cruiser reborn. Not so much.

Reactions: bluenrg
2018-Ford-Bronco-660x300.jpg

This was their original design a couple of years ago. When I saw it I loved it...and also thought, lets see how they screw it up. Today, I got to see how they screwed it up.

Reactions: bleedhuskerred
Mall crawler. Sounds like how Toyota missed the mark with the FJ cruiser. Supposed to be the lived FJ-40 land cruiser reborn. Not so much.

Why do you say they missed the mark? I know on the resale side they hold their value really great and are very hard to find...what I don't know is how well they sold when new, is that what you're talking about, or do you just not care for 'em personally?

By the way, if anyone wants to see some interesting off road recovery videos check out "Matt's Off Road Recovery" videos on youtube. The yellow Bronco above reminded me of the old yellow Jeep XJ he uses in his videos.

Why do you say they missed the mark? I know on the resale side they hold their value really great and are very hard to find...what I don't know is how well they sold when new, is that what you're talking about, or do you just not care for 'em personally?

They were always niche. The reason Toyota killed the FJ Cruiser was gas mileage. It was a gas hog.

They were always niche. The reason Toyota killed the FJ Cruiser was gas mileage. It was a gas hog.

Most everything they make that isn't a 4 banger....can't pass up a gas station to save it's life. I got an 03 V8 Tundra V8 4wd....no matter how ya drive it, 12mpg. I accept it case they are so reliable with great resale, but all their 4WD's with any motor at all in it suck the big one on fuel mileage. I also have a 13 RX350 F Sport, and I do average 22.5(ish) but it's got the 8 speed tranny so it really helps.

I'd wait for the V8 Jeep Wrangler 392, 450 horsepower 450 lb torque.

2021_jeep_wrangler_rubicon_392_v8_concept_1.jpg

Willies Jeep will always be the gold standard, but the OP is right: The Bronco will sell well. And it's target audience (2 door millennial tech vs. 4 door retrotech) is different from the vehicle you'll be buying.

Reactions: bluenrg
b1.jpg

b6.jpg

Starts at $29,995
Mmmm dang I ll pass. I heard it was coming back.

Oh well. Their market research will hit it out of the park or flop.

b1.jpg

b6.jpg

Starts at $29,995
How does it handle on the freeway in a slow-speed police chase? Is it available in white?

Just have super fond memories of the 69 fj-40 my dad had. The FJ cruiser seemed less that and more tonka. They could have been great but just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was the roofline? Seemed off to me for some reason.

I do not get that car at all. 300 mile range?....Hard pass for me.

250 if you get the GT. It appeals to zero-emissions people and is definitely the direction vehicles are moving in, but I agree that any limit on miles kind of intrinsically freaks me out, until charging stations that only take a matter of minutes are readily available.

b1.jpg

b6.jpg

Starts at $29,995

b1.jpg

b6.jpg

Starts at $29,995
This car would be problematic for people who don’t wear pants while driving.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT