ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Class size

Not unless the NCAA presents an initial counter waiver. All scholarship recruits and transfers count in the 25 per class, you can back date early enrollees, but only if you didn’t sign 25 the year before.

We have 19 signed, one commit and one transfer, so 4 spots left for 2021 including any portal transfers.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Thanks. Hope a few don't count.
I expect there are a couple of walk ons who will get scholarships and probably deserve them. If I recall correctly one freshman was promised one for the second semester when he signed. I would expect them to put Oliver Martin on scholarship. That kid is a stud IMO and more valuable than an incoming freshman. Frost has done a pretty good job of finessing scholarship numbers I think. I know they're hot after more kids for the late signing period but I won't be surprised if he holds open a couple of spots for late transfers.

Bluebird day yesterday while up on the hill skiing. No so much today so I am catching up with the Huskers. Just read an article in The Athletic about kicker Kelen Meyer from Ord. I hope he pans out. Last season kick offs were pathetically weak.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I expect there are a couple of walk ons who will get scholarships and probably deserve them. If I recall correctly one freshman was promised one for the second semester when he signed. I would expect them to put Oliver Martin on scholarship. That kid is a stud IMO and more valuable than an incoming freshman. Frost has done a pretty good job of finessing scholarship numbers I think. I know they're hot after more kids for the late signing period but I won't be surprised if he holds open a couple of spots for late transfers.

He has had so many leave the program, some before they play a game he runs into the problem of filling classes. Not sure I would call what he has done with the roster as managing it. Players quitting and leaving have managed it for him.

Reactions: bigredhunter
He has had so many leave the program, some before they play a game he runs into the problem of filling classes. Not sure I would call what he has done with the roster as managing it. Players quitting and leaving have managed it for him.
Better get used to it with the new transfer rules. I think Justin Fields' success at getting eligible right away to play for OSU opened the flood gates before the NCAA officially did it. The task now will be to manage the turnover by bringing in guys to fill out your roster. The walk on program no doubt helps but we'll be taking transfers just like everyone else. The WRs we picked up via transfer this fall >>> than the ones we lost. CB and linebacker spots are yet to be determined. We landed some nice prospects in this years incoming class. We'll see if they can fill the holes left by Delancey and his buddy leaving. I suspect that Frost may be looking to fill those spots in the portal.

Oliver Martin? You can’t be serious!

he consistently got open, caught the ball and showed very good speed. He was probably our second most productive WR this year when he was finally granted eligibility.
I assure you he doesn’t have that much speed. It’s the reason he couldn’t get playing time at Michigan. Vastly overrated coming out of high school.

I assure you he doesn’t have that much speed. It’s the reason he couldn’t get playing time at Michigan. Vastly overrated coming out of high school.
One team’s garbage is another team’s treasure.

Last edited:
He looked like our best WR to me and he showed enough speed to do the job. I'll keep him thank you very much.

Another gem from Huskersquire. He posted, "Niko Cooper will play before Tannor does". I think I'll not put much stock in your evaluations for now. Winking

Last edited:
He looked like our best WR to me and he showed enough speed to do the job. I'll keep him thank you very much.

Another gem from Huskersquire. He posted, "Niko Cooper will play before Tannor does". I think I'll not put much stock in your evaluations for now. Winking
Martin, in his 5 games as a Husker: 5 catches, 63 yards

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT