ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Big Ten Predictions

How so? Purdue is a redzone offense away from being 5-0 and Nebraska has shown nothing to claim to be way better than Purdue. Nebraska isn't quite as bad as I thought, but Purdue is better than I though. Didn't peg Purdue vs Nebraska to be first to 20.
We’ll have 20 10mins into the game

• Haha
Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
Didn't PU just lose at home to a team that lost to a 31 point dog???
Ugly loss, but sometimes the better team loses. I told ya Purdue redzone issues have cost them. And Minnesota still needed a TD where the ball was laying on the ground to be called a TD. Hopefully they can figure out the offense this week before Iowa.

We’ll have 20 10mins into the game
Based on destroying the worst team in the big ten or the Purdue defense being a borderline top 25 D while missing a day 3 draft pick at CB and George getting triple teamed and held every game?

Reactions: dlewi
Big Ten West

1. Minnesota - 11-1 - loss to Ohio State
2. Wisconsin - 10-2 - loss to Notre Dame and Minnesota
3. Nebraska - 8-4 - loss to OU, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin
4. Northwestern - 7-5 - will lose to Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan - but rest of schedule is comically terrible.
5. Iowa - 6-6 - biggest rebuilding season in years. - will lose to Indiana, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Penn State
6. Purdue - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Ilinois
7. Illinois - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Maryland

Big Ten East

1. Ohio State - 11-1 - I think Oregon gets them in week two.
2. Penn State - 10-2 - losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State
3. Indiana - 9-3 - losses to Ohio State, Penn State, and Minnesota
4. Rutgers - 7-5 - losses to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, and Wisconsin
5. Michigan - 6-6 - losses to Washington, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Indiana, Penn State, and Ohio State
6. Maryland - 3-9 - losses to everyone except Sparty
7. Michigan State - 2-10 - 0-9 in conference play - but they might beat Michigan because that's what they do.. ha.

Jeff Brohm and Jim Harbaugh get fired.

PJ Fleck wants the Michigan job, but I'm not sure he fits the "Michigan Man mystique." I could see him ending up at USC if it opens.
This was all spot on. You should quit your day job and become a professional prognosticator on TV.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Based on destroying the worst team in the big ten or the Purdue defense being a borderline top 25 D while missing a day 3 draft pick at CB and George getting triple teamed and held every game?
i'm not so sure purdue isn't the worst team in the b1g. only wisc has scored less points this season than your terrible team.

time will tell!

Last edited:
Purdue is garbage. Still can't run the ball, still blame injuries and not the offensive juggernaut they continue to think that Brohm has made them.
them and indiana have combined to score a whopping 32 points combined in 4 b1g games so far

that state should stick to being mediocre in basketball

Purdue is garbage. Still can't run the ball, still blame injuries and not the offensive juggernaut they continue to think that Brohm has made them.
We think that we are an offensive juggernaut? Interesting.... most will tell ya we are an oline and a QB away from having a good offense. Be nice to keep a couple RB's with experience healthy, but is what it is.

Defense is really good this year. Should be again next year. Offense is good between the 20's. Bad in the redzone. The hope is that next year, the oline will be older and more experienced and one of the two 4 star QB's can take over. I have my reservations about a true freshman QB, but they say Brady Allen is really good. Had the flu during elite 11 and barely threw. Purdue shouldn't be far off. Run game is getting better. It just needs to be good enough.

As for injuries, not blaming them, but when you are missing #1 WR, #1 and #2 RB, #1 #2 and #5 (run blocker) TE's for various games, it doesn't help. Luckily Purdue is loaded at WR.

them and indiana have combined to score a whopping 32 points combined in 4 b1g games so far

that state should stick to being mediocre in basketball
Purdue is a little better than Mediocre in bball. Not winning the big ten and making the elite 8 would be a disappointment. Football rebuilds take time. You should know that. And Purdue started in a worse place than Nebraska. Brohm has them going in the right direction though. Slowly, but surely. Volleyball might be the best in the big ten.

How so? Purdue is a redzone offense away from being 5-0 and Nebraska has shown nothing to claim to be way better than Purdue. Nebraska isn't quite as bad as I thought, but Purdue is better than I though. Didn't peg Purdue vs Nebraska to be first to 20.
That's like saying Nebraska is Special Teams from being 6-0. The fact of the matter is we lost 3 games because we have good special teams. We are 3-3 and aren't trying to sugar coat it. You are what your record says you are and the same excuses continue to come from you. Brohm has got worse every year and it looks like he may again only have about 1 more win on that schedule and it is the NW game.

That's like saying Nebraska is Special Teams from being 6-0. The fact of the matter is we lost 3 games because we have good special teams. We are 3-3 and aren't trying to sugar coat it. You are what your record says you are and the same excuses continue to come from you. Brohm has got worse every year and it looks like he may again only have about 1 more win on that schedule and it is the NW game.
How so. Take out osu and maybe Iowa, every game is more than winnable. Watch Purdue before you call them bad. Defense will have them in every game. If the offense starts to click....

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
We think that we are an offensive juggernaut? Interesting.... most will tell ya we are an oline and a QB away from having a good offense. Be nice to keep a couple RB's with experience healthy, but is what it is.

Defense is really good this year. Should be again next year. Offense is good between the 20's. Bad in the redzone. The hope is that next year, the oline will be older and more experienced and one of the two 4 star QB's can take over. I have my reservations about a true freshman QB, but they say Brady Allen is really good. Had the flu during elite 11 and barely threw. Purdue shouldn't be far off. Run game is getting better. It just needs to be good enough.

As for injuries, not blaming them, but when you are missing #1 WR, #1 and #2 RB, #1 #2 and #5 (run blocker) TE's for various games, it doesn't help. Luckily Purdue is loaded at WR.
Jesus just stop. A QB and an OLine away. That is pretty far away and one would argue the 2 biggest things needed to be good on offense... Come on dude.. Your homerism is ridiculous.

Purdue is a little better than Mediocre in bball. Not winning the big ten and making the elite 8 would be a disappointment. Football rebuilds take time. You should know that. And Purdue started in a worse place than Nebraska. Brohm has them going in the right direction though. Slowly, but surely. Volleyball might be the best in the big ten.
Basketball will be interesting. No one matches up with Kofi in the league but playing PU at PU is usually a disaster for teams.

I still think that Michigan might be a little soft on the court.

Jesus just stop. A QB and an OLine away. That is pretty far away and one would argue the 2 biggest things needed to be good on offense... Come on dude.. Your homerism is ridiculous.
Is it? Didn't realize picking Purdue to go 6-6 was homor. News to me. Meanwhile, I'm wondering what Nebraska has done to be better than Purdue. Talk about homor....

Basketball will be interesting. No one matches up with Kofi in the league but playing PU at PU is usually a disaster for teams.

Kofi is so good. Hopefully Edey can put him in his place this year. Tire him out. Then Williams will go for the kill. Purdue is so deep. It's crazy. Michigan. I worry about their inexperience.

in 16 years, Painter has won one (1) b1g tournament and been to one (1) elite 8

our basketball program's history is the worst in the country, probably by far, and even I know those are very inflated expectations

you're a nice regular season hoops team, and the seed that results in beating up on a top-heavy conference gets you to the sweet 16 every 4 years or so, which is absolutely more than any Nebrasketball fan can say

Is it? Didn't realize picking Purdue to go 6-6 was homor. News to me. Meanwhile, I'm wondering what Nebraska has done to be better than Purdue. Talk about homor....
what is a homor? you mean homo?

or maybe you meant humor.. or was it homer?

gosh.. those are difficult words to get right.

in 16 years, Painter has won one (1) b1g tournament and been to one (1) elite 8

our basketball program's history is the worst in the country, probably by far, and even I know those are very inflated expectations

you're a nice regular season hoops team, and the seed that results in beating up on a top-heavy conference gets you to the sweet 16 every 4 years or so, which is absolutely more than any Nebrasketball fan can say
Purdue has been to 4 sweet 16's in the last 5 NCAA tourneys I think? 1 elite 8. Probably 2 if Haas doesn't break his elbow in 2nd round. If you want to go way back, baby Boilers are easily an elite 8 team if Hummel doesn't tear his ACL late... that sucked. Won more big tens than anyone else. You missed slightly. I'm not sure why those expectations are extreme. When you have a top 5 caliber team, you should have high expectations. No?

I forgot to mention. If you ever get the chance, go to a game with Mackey with students. It's a great place to watch a game. One of the loudest arenas. A lot of people consider it a top 5 venue. Not a bad seat in the house.

I was wondering what the heck happened to your offense. 13, 9 and 13 aren't going to win many games. Woof!

Reactions: BoilerN
Purdue has been to 4 sweet 16's in the last 5 NCAA tourneys I think? 1 elite 8. Probably 2 if Haas doesn't break his elbow in 2nd round. If you want to go way back, baby Boilers are easily an elite 8 team if Hummel doesn't tear his ACL late... that sucked. Won more big tens than anyone else. You missed slightly. I'm not sure why those expectations are extreme. When you have a top 5 caliber team, you should have high expectations. No?
yea, 3 in last 5.

this year yes no doubt.

I was wondering what the heck happened to your offense. 13, 9 and 13 aren't going to win many games. Woof!
Injuries to key players and QB's that can't hit open WR's. O'Connell missed two, maybe three wide open WR's vs minny. Redzone efficiency this year is brutal. Hopefully the bye week can fix some of that.

Purdue offense is what it is this year I think. You hope it gets a little better. Luckily, the defense is keeping them in games. Giving them chances.

So looking ahead to next year, you like the defensive scheme, depth, and improvement. Not sure that is a concern moving forward.

Offensively. Brohm is wanting to run a balanced, pro style offense but he doesn't have the oline yet. There are some intriguing young guys coming up and the interior is young, but I think they need to hit the transfer market hard there. Do that and I think Purdue could take another nice step next year. Physically, they didn't get pushed around by Minnesota or ND. That was nice to see. First time in years.

Iowa running the table is a safer bet.
okay, little yappy ankle biter. have you bet iowa to win the b1g yet? how about the whole shebang? probably not. sad.

I wonder how many of you schmucks post here daily? Got to be at least a dozen iowa fans actively posting here every single day.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Injuries to key players and QB's that can't hit open WR's. O'Connell missed two, maybe three wide open WR's vs minny. Redzone efficiency this year is brutal. Hopefully the bye week can fix some of that.

Purdue offense is what it is this year I think. You hope it gets a little better. Luckily, the defense is keeping them in games. Giving them chances.

So looking ahead to next year, you like the defensive scheme, depth, and improvement. Not sure that is a concern moving forward.

Offensively. Brohm is wanting to run a balanced, pro style offense but he doesn't have the oline yet. There are some intriguing young guys coming up and the interior is young, but I think they need to hit the transfer market hard there. Do that and I think Purdue could take another nice step next year. Physically, they didn't get pushed around by Minnesota or ND. That was nice to see. First time in years.
I was wondering if Brohm was starting to feel some pressure there.. I was never a Boiler fan but my son is a sophomore there and we'll be attending the next 2 games at Iowa and against Wisconsin at Ross Ade. My daughter is a sophomore at Iowa so she's got more to cheer for right now. At least until basketball season anyway. 😉

I was wondering if Brohm was starting to feel some pressure there.. I was never a Boiler fan but my son is a sophomore there and we'll be attending the next 2 games at Iowa and against Wisconsin at Ross Ade. My daughter is a sophomore at Iowa so she's got more to cheer for right now. At least until basketball season anyway. 😉
I'm not sure he's feeling pressure yet. Rumor has it him and Bobinski had a talk this off-season about getting back to himself. And it sounds like he really struggled the last couple years, which, between covid and a difficult rebuild, I get. He's not going anywhere this year. He could lose out and he will be back. I don't see him losing out, but just saying. You'd hope he builds on this year because next years schedule is contend for the west easy.

If you run your mouth in public as much as you do here you probably always sport a split lip.
I’ll take that as a no.

Still waiting for one of you puffed up iowa fans to even claim online they’ve bet on their team to win the conf/title

Hilarious. Probably all have bets on Nebraska’s season win total

• Love
Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
If only they had an OL and a QB. Throw in RBs a TE and a WR outside of Bell and we’d be talking Purdue as the top team on the West. Good thing their defense was good enough to keep mighty Illinois and Minnesota from scoring too much. It really bodes well for the rest of their schedule that includes at Iowa, MSU, OSU, and Nebraska. Maybe their defense will play well enough to keep them close in the Indiana and Wisconsin games.

Purdue isn’t playing in a bowl game this year.

Reactions: timnsun
I know this is a season long prediction thread, but I think Iowa takes down the Nitts on Saturday night. Penn State's "big" win over Auburn looking not so impressive. Penn State does have a fancier offense though. Scheme wise, the Lions may have an easier time solving Iowa's defense than vice versa.

I know this is a season long prediction thread, but I think Iowa takes down the Nitts on Saturday night. Penn State's "big" win over Auburn looking not so impressive. Penn State does have a fancier offense though. Scheme wise, the Lions may have an easier time solving Iowa's defense than vice versa.
Auburn just won at LSU at night. How does that not look good?

Indiana got shutout by mich and isu lost to Baylor.

Auburn just won at LSU at night. How does that not look good?

Indiana got shutout by mich and isu lost to Baylor.

It looks fine as far as defeating a middle of the pack SEC team, which is where Auburn is at. Now, a middle of the pack SEC team is still a top third Big Ten team. But beating an upper third Big Ten team by a TD at home is not that big of a deal. Penn State fans thinking the Auburn game was some sort of HUGE WIN are almost as bad as UCLA Bruins creaming themselves over beating LSU (.500 in 2020).

If you think Penn State is going to beat Iowa, that is fine. Vegas has the game as mostly a toss up. I just think Iowa at home is the superior bet.

It looks fine as far as defeating a middle of the pack SEC team, which is where Auburn is at. Now, a middle of the pack SEC team is still a top third Big Ten team. But beating an upper third Big Ten team by a TD at home is not that big of a deal. Penn State fans thinking the Auburn game was some sort of HUGE WIN are almost as bad as UCLA Bruins creaming themselves over beating LSU (.500 in 2020).

If you think Penn State is going to beat Iowa, that is fine. Vegas has the game as mostly a toss up. I just think Iowa at home is the superior bet
beating an upper third b1g team is no big deal, but apparently this weekend it is (and upper third is a streeeeettccchhhh for iowa)

got it

beating an upper third b1g team is no big deal, but apparently this weekend it is (and upper third is a streeeeettccchhhh for iowa)

got it

Ha. You don't think Iowa is upper third? You are letting your hate warp your brain. You can still hate the Hawkeyes while admitting they are a very good team this year. I am not in any way fond of Penn State, but the Nitts are having an excellent year so far.

Beating Auburn by one score was a good solid win. Not anything Earth shaking though. Not like Georgia demolishing Arky. You can't just look at wins and losses. As far as evaluating teams, margin of victory matters too.

Ha. You don't think Iowa is upper third? You are letting your hate warp your brain. You can still hate the Hawkeyes while admitting they are a very good team this year. I am not in any way fond of Penn State, but the Nitts are having an excellent year so far.

Beating Auburn by one score was a good solid win. Not anything Earth shaking though. Not like Georgia demolishing Arky. You can't just look at wins and losses. As far as evaluating teams, margin of victory matters too.
you said state penn beating an upper 3rd b1g team is no big deal while in the same breath predicting an "upper 3rd" b1g team to beat them

argue your point better or don't post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT