ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Wide Receivers, do we have the pieces?

Do we talent to be successful at WR?

• Yes

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 60 82.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Wandale takes JDs place - who takes Wandales place?

please don’t say Hickman
Wandale will play in the slot, need two guys on the outside. One of the problems this year was that JD and Wandale were both much better on the inside, but JD had to play on the outside to get Wandale on the field.

Reactions: jlb321
What’s worse. That or hoping stuff like this happens, so you can keep piling on and throwing gas on the fire?
If people wanted bad things to happen to this team, why would they waste the time to vent? They don’t. They want to see progress and it’s damn tough to find anything at this point in time.

Your comparison is as ridiculous as others comparing you to a spouse being in a marriage and getting the snot beat out of them nearly every week, only to overlook and defend the abuser.

I do not doubt any Nebraska fan on here wants the best, we all have different ways of dealing with the expectations and the reality of this program right now.

While I would love to see NU land a couple of difference-makers at WR, is it really the biggest area of need? The three guys on offense I have the most confidence in are Robinson, Mills and Spielman, and two of them are receivers.

That doesn't mean I don't want the Huskers to improve at WR, I just think other weaknesses are way more glaring.

While I would love to see NU land a couple of difference-makers at WR, is it really the biggest area of need? The three guys on offense I have the most confidence in are Robinson, Mills and Spielman, and two of them are receivers.

That doesn't mean I don't want the Huskers to improve at WR, I just think other weaknesses are way more glaring.
On offense that is the biggest, by FAR. On the other side of the balk OLB, and maybe ILB. And of course someone that can kick out of the end zone.

On offense that is the biggest, by FAR. On the other side of the balk OLB, and maybe ILB. And of course someone that can kick out of the end zone.
Maybe you're right. I think finding linemen who can drive Hixson and Farniok to the bench might do more for the offense than improvement at WR, though I realize O-line tends to be more of a long-term fix.

Reactions: headcard
Name 1 receiver that has gotten better in the last 2 years?

I can't. Wandale doesn't count because he's a true freshman. We have a roster full of receivers. They may not have the star power, but that's why we have a wide receiver coach. You certainly can't argue that Walters is busy running the offense.

Reactions: headcard
Mickey Joseph doing a great job as WR coach at LSU, on a totally unrelated note...

Last edited:
They think small guys block for those sideline passes the best.
Well an Iowa WR completely took I think our CB completely out of the play on their long counter TD run. The idea I believe on those TE bubble screens is that your WR is quick enough to stay in front of the DB covering him AND that the linebacker or safety assigned to the TE can't get out there quickly enough to prevent a positive play. The problem comes in when guys don't execute the pass or the block.

Well an Iowa WR completely took I think our CB completely out of the play on their long counter TD run. The idea I believe on those TE bubble screens is that your WR is quick enough to stay in front of the DB covering him AND that the linebacker or safety assigned to the TE can't get out there quickly enough to prevent a positive play. The problem comes in when guys don't execute the pass or the block.

But you could execute those blocks perfectly every time being 5'6 155 pounds.

If people wanted bad things to happen to this team, why would they waste the time to vent? They don’t. They want to see progress and it’s damn tough to find anything at this point in time.

Your comparison is as ridiculous as others comparing you to a spouse being in a marriage and getting the snot beat out of them nearly every week, only to overlook and defend the abuser.

I do not doubt any Nebraska fan on here wants the best, we all have different ways of dealing with the expectations and the reality of this program right now.
First off, WTF are you taking about with all that spousal abuse stuff? That is just odd and in pretty poor taste.

As for wanting what is best for the team and not a personal agenda or soap opera or whatever. For the majority, you are, of course, correct. Yet, we have a poster on this very board that claimed to have inside sources that Wandale Robinson is transferring. A rumor that became so loud, his own dad had to come out and refute it. He of course did not have any sources and knew he was making it up. We have posters claiming our QB knocked up a VB player, she also had to take to social media to end the rumors too. These people knew they were making this crap up, they just wanted drama. We also have “fans” on social media telling players to transfer, calling our coaches every name in the book. Do these people want what is best or just to stir up trouble?

Until yesterday, I had never been accused of being a sunshine pumper, like you seem to be insinuating. However, the negativity and the degree to which some of our fans are lashing out is troubling to me. I have tried to support every coach since TO, until it was obvious they weren’t going to work out here. I try to understand what they are trying to accomplish and what we need to improve on, not just yell unacceptable and name call. This staff has not met expectations to date and Frost has some tough decisions to make. But I don’t think throwing gas on the fire and trying to ruin the whole thing is the way to go.

we all have different ways of dealing with the expectations

Fair enough but when people are constantly pointing out why the fort you are building sucks and won't work, do you have to welcome then in when your fort is finished?

3XNmZz3EnhkAtRdx5

3XNmZz3EnhkAtRdx5

First off, WTF are you taking about with all that spousal abuse stuff? That is just odd and in pretty poor taste.

As for wanting what is best for the team and not a personal agenda or soap opera or whatever. For the majority, you are, of course, correct. Yet, we have a poster on this very board that claimed to have inside sources that Wandale Robinson is transferring. A rumor that became so loud, his own dad had to come out and refute it. He of course did not have any sources and knew he was making it up. We have posters claiming our QB knocked up a VB player, she also had to take to social media to end the rumors too. These people knew they were making this crap up, they just wanted drama. We also have “fans” on social media telling players to transfer, calling our coaches every name in the book. Do these people want what is best or just to stir up trouble?

Until yesterday, I had never been accused of being a sunshine pumper, like you seem to be insinuating. However, the negativity and the degree to which some of our fans are lashing out is troubling to me. I have tried to support every coach since TO, until it was obvious they weren’t going to work out here. I try to understand what they are trying to accomplish and what we need to improve on, not just yell unacceptable and name call. This staff has not met expectations to date and Frost has some tough decisions to make. But I don’t think throwing gas on the fire and trying to ruin the whole thing is the way to go.
I did see the Wandale accusation, not the other items. I get where you are coming from and agree with you on those. I thought you were going after the fans that are just venting about the conclusion of an extremely disappointing season.

For myself, this is going to take a few days to get over, but I and others will. That said, I’m not going to blindly celebrate every new report that comes out about how well the team is going through s&c, how amazing the team is practicing when spring practice starts, or most anything coach Frost says. I will wait for the walk, not the talk.

I did see the Wandale accusation, not the other items. I get where you are coming from and agree with you on those. I thought you were going after the fans that are just venting about the conclusion of an extremely disappointing season.

For myself, this is going to take a few days to get over, but I and others will. That said, I’m not going to blindly celebrate every new report that comes out about how well the team is going through s&c, how amazing the team is practicing when spring practice starts, or most anything coach Frost says. I will wait for the walk, not the talk.
Probably the best approach for all of us.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES

I have inside information that HCSF's offense won't win any championships in the Big 10. Through my eyes. The good news is that Scott Frost has five years to change. If he's smart, he can change it this winter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT