ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Schedule

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Here is what I came up with for a 10 game schedule. While keeping how Moos said playing divisional games in the middle. Also factoring who had the last home game.

10 game

@Mich ST Aug 29th
Penn St Sept 5th
BYE
Purdue Sept 19th
@Wisc Sept 26th
MN Oct 3th
BYE
Illinois Oct 17rd
@Iowa Oct 24th
@NW Oct 31th
BYE
Maryland Nov 14th
@Ohio St Nov 21st

Moos also mentioned he would like a 12 game schedule. To do that and maintain above criteria we could add
Michigan
@Rutgers

Going to be brutal no matter 10 or 12 games. I see tons of injuries plus factor in those sick From Flu and Covid. Could be very short maned teams towards the end of the year.

Didn't they say a late Sept start? You have us four games in by then.

Div games in the middle is smart by the B1G. Most likely ones to be played and they also are the least amount of travel.

Div games in the middle is smart by the B1G. Most likely ones to be played and they also are the least amount of travel.
I must have missed the late sept start thing.

Wipe that 12 game idea right off the top of your head...
Moos is the only one talking this, not even his Head Coach wants a 12 game conference schedule..

Reactions: CatColumbia

I thought September 19th start.

I thought September 19th start.

I don't remember if they mentioned a date, just had in mind past the halfway point. But yah the OP would have us three games in by then. Schedule is fine, just would need to be adjusted in terms of BYEs and stuff if we have to be off the field around Thanksgiving...which is exactly 10 weekends from Sept 19th.

I've read they are looking to front load the schedule with divisional foes. I think Moos has a lot of wishes, but that's all they may end up being.

I've read they are looking to front load the schedule with divisional foes. I think Moos has a lot of wishes, but that's all they may end up being.

His state is one of the few not really in a hurt. He has a role to play withing the B1G to push the optimistic side of the argument.

I like the B12 SEC idea. Hopefully they are able to pull something off.

I’m all for football to be played this fall, but what’s the point? There’s a good chance there won’t be bowl games.

So what is more important winning a bowl game or having the opportunity betting Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, NW and Purdue?
How is the schedule going to work, for instance say Nebraska is going to play Minnesota and the Minnesota team has players test positive, does Minnesota forfeit?

Seems strange to wait for a sept 19 start considering classes are starting up early in most universities. But then again making sense with covid isnt our style.

Seems strange to wait for a sept 19 start considering classes are starting up early in most universities. But then again making sense with covid isnt our style.

There's been a couple of Interviews I read where they list the worst case as starting and then pulling the plug. Not sure that is entirely true but it's clearly viewed as not desirable.

When they made the no non-con declaration one of the reasons cited was to see which way the numbers go with an extra few weeks. Most have assumed this to be state numbers but would also give a few weeks to evaluate what's happening on campus as most schools won't pre-emptive cancel the fall term but would potentially with a month of data.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT