ADVERTISEMENT

***2017 In State Recruiting Thread***

"Huge difference in how this staff recruits in-state kids (no slow playing etc.). Munson said two words are proof of that Camron Jurgens. Earliest in-state offer he can ever recall and he talked to Jay Moore and Damon Benning to confirm that. Jurgens is a national elite recruit. Ohio State and UCLA the interest is real (from their side). There is no separate Nebraska and national recruiting philosophy Its the same flat evaluation. Although...they want every in-state kid who is capable of playing at Nebraska to come to Lincoln. Want to build a program around blue collar lunch pail kids from Nebraska."

According to Munson.

Sounds fair to me, if they pass mustard if they get an offer, if they don't, we pass on them.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
"Huge difference in how this staff recruits in-state kids (no slow playing etc.). Munson said two words are proof of that Camron Jurgens. Earliest in-state offer he can ever recall and he talked to Jay Moore and Damon Benning to confirm that. Jurgens is a national elite recruit. Ohio State and UCLA the interest is real (from their side). There is no separate Nebraska and national recruiting philosophy Its the same flat evaluation. Although...they want every in-state kid who is capable of playing at Nebraska to come to Lincoln. Want to build a program around blue collar lunch pail kids from Nebraska."

According to Munson.

Sounds fair to me, if they pass mustard if they get an offer, if they don't, we pass on them.
Exactly. You evaluate guys all the same, though I do understand when you may need to see the kid in action after an injury or just to see more senior film of a kid.

If the coaching staff thinks a kid can make a difference in his program, you offer him as soon as you can. No matter if he's from Los Angeles, California or Hooper, Nebraska. I don't think you need to slow play a kid like Brett Kitrell or even Patrick Arnold. (Arnold may be a victim of numbers though since we have so many guards.)

I think they are looking at Arnold as a center. My understanding is that he won every one on one matchup last night except one - against Daniel Parker. He has yet to receive an offer. I realize that at 6'2" he doesn't quite meet the height they may look for in a guard or tackle, so that may limit him some if you insist on more height for those spots. But, the kid is strong, smart and possesses a hate to lose attitude on the field matched by few (yet couldn't be a nicer kid off the field). He could be the heart and soul of the offensive line and an ambassador for the program. I have a hard time understanding not giving him an offer yet. I hope that just don't assume he will walk on.

Yah I don't know what to think about the Kittrell situation. Enough came out that they offered Parker already, lots of good things said about Arnold, Kittrell seems to MIA in the buzz factor. That's a relative observation, not absolute.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Really hope Arnold and Kitrell get offers soon. I think those two are worthy of offers and could be great players at NU down the road. Very happy to hear that Arnold did well yesterday.

Really hope Arnold and Kitrell get offers soon. I think those two are worthy of offers and could be great players at NU down the road. Very happy to hear that Arnold did well yesterday.

I read a rumor the other day that NU might forgo interior lineman this cycle and just recruit OTs.

I read a rumor the other day that NU might forgo interior lineman this cycle and just recruit OTs.
It wouldn't be surprising since they have a lot of interior linemen. But I still think you could take one. If they want Arnold at Center, they bring him in, redshirt him and have him ready to backup Decker (who would be a junior)

Interior Linemen we have taken in the past few classes.

2014: DJ Foster, Tanner Farmer
2015: Jalin Barnett, Micheal Decker
2016: Boe Wilson, Brian Brokop, John Raridon.

It wouldn't be surprising since they have a lot of interior linemen. But I still think you could take one. If they want Arnold at Center, they bring him in, redshirt him and have him ready to backup Decker (who would be a junior)

Interior Linemen we have taken in the past few classes.

2014: DJ Foster, Tanner Farmer
2015: Jalin Barnett, Micheal Decker
2016: Boe Wilson, Brian Brokop, John Raridon.

Yah, I think it might be one of Arnold/Kittrell (if I had to guess, Arnold leads for an offer) and then OT's from there on out.

Sounds like Arnold really showed out at their big man camp. Basically handled everyone and was 1-1 with the kid from the Davis Twins' school, who it sounds like was the best DL there.

Schaefer with the CB pick for Kittrell to Minnesota. I don't think an offer is coming.

Cue boo birds chewing out Husker walk-on Parella for turning down a Husker native for better players.

ADVERTISEMENT