ADVERTISEMENT

2016 the year to beat tOSU in Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley was the coaching equivalent of this man...
photo-jackie-speier-jonestown.jpg

They will reload. Their last 4 recruiting classes have been rated 3rd, 9th, 3rd, and 2nd. They also have JT Barrett back. As long as Urban doesn't let Beck call plays, they'll be tough to beat.

Exactly. They have tons of talent.

Exactly. They have tons of talent.
Of course they have tons of talent. Did Georgetown have tons more talent then Villanova? Did Houston have tons more talent then N C State? I will take Riley in a one game title match up against Urban any day of the week and twice on the first Saturday in December. And I sure as sh!t will take him over Bo. Can you imagine the point spread and the media dogging on Riley and the team for a whole week. People will wonder why we're even there to play the game??? RollingLaugh

Rover, the NCAA will probably measure our defensive rushing stats in miles this year, not yards, and TA is still our QB, which means OSU isn't scared of us on any level. We're trending up, but Riley won't be hoisting any trophies of substance for another year or two.

Tommy and smart passes just won't happen. But enough turnovers for our D and we can win 10 in my opinion.

Of course they have tons of talent. Did Georgetown have tons more talent then Villanova? Did Houston have tons more talent then N C State? I will take Riley in a one game title match up against Urban any day of the week and twice on the first Saturday in December. And I sure as sh!t will take him over Bo. Can you imagine the point spread and the media dogging on Riley and the team for a whole week. People will wonder why we're even there to play the game??? RollingLaugh

what percent chance are you giving Nebraska to beat OSU in Columbus? Is it higher or lower than the 95% assurance you gave us that Nebraska would beat Iowa.
I will defer to your expertise in these matters

Reactions: huskerfan1414
what percent chance are you giving Nebraska to beat OSU in Columbus? Is it higher or lower than the 95% assurance you gave us that Nebraska would beat Iowa.
I will defer to your expertise in these matters
We probably won't beat Ohio State in Columbus. But in the grand scheme of things it will be a really good dress rehearsal for a title game.

[QUOTE="red rover 70, post: 2360838, member: 13660"]I'm gonna really enjoy watching Riley drag his big dick all over Captain Kirk's chin for years to come.[/QUOTE]

red rover 70 said: April 21, 2016
"I delt with crap in my life that is outta McMullen's league. I REALLY had young people looking to me in life and death and I had to man up and be an adult. Quiting wasn't an option because I understood what it means to have people depend on you! And I mean really depend on you not some feel good PR stunt."

wow .. now I realize just how lucky those young people were ... you must have been a tremendous role model for them

[QUOTE="red rover 70, post: 2360838, member: 13660"]I'm gonna really enjoy watching Riley drag his big dick all over Captain Kirk's chin for years to come.

"I delt with crap in my life that is outta McMullen's league. I REALLY had young people looking to me in life and death and I had to man up and be an adult. Quiting wasn't an option because I understood what it means to have people depend on you! And I mean really depend on you not some feel good PR stunt."

wow .. now I realize just how lucky those young people were ... you must have been a tremendous role model for them[/QUOTE]

Being raised by a World War II Marine has it's advantages.

I'm gonna really enjoy watching Riley drag his big dick all over Captain Kirk's chin for years to come.

wow .. now I realize just how lucky those young people were ... you must have been a tremendous role model for them

Being raised by a World War II Marine has it's advantages.[/QUOTE]

Amen!! ... nothing makes a father prouder than when his son can use an analogy of one man "dragging his dick" over another man's face to articulate a point

Being raised by a World War II Marine has it's advantages.

Amen!! ... nothing makes a father prouder than when his son can use an analogy of one man "dragging his dick" over another man's face to articulate a point[/QUOTE]

You must of been raised by one of these guys...
14f30a4e9c0530e1d400b4408120404b.jpg

Or perhaps by a normal and decent human being.

Sorry, I don't come on here to read about a man's dick on another man's face.
If you can't understand the context then maybe you should pay up and join RSS? tMB is also a hoot with your Husker brothers and sisters.

Rather than talking about dragging body parts and showing gifs of Neil Patrick Harris (is that coincidental?), I read that article you linked, thanks.

I am encouraged by the prediction of 10 wins for us. I don't know if we'll get there or not, but some (hopefully) neutral observers can see it.
Talk about coincidence... Why is it always the same 4-6 posters that want to start a fight???

I like Neal Patrick Harris and thought his reaction was totally appropriate to the tone. Him being gay had ZERO bearing on the choice.

I'm going to take a wait and see attitude toward our defensive line till after we play Oregon and Northwestern we will know a lot more after that.
We will struggle for sure. But others will have to pick up the slack and he D-line will have to make plays when they can.

Talk about coincidence... Why is it always the same 4-6 posters that want to start a fight???

I like Neal Patrick Harris and thought his reaction was totally appropriate to the tone. Him being gay had ZERO bearing on the choice.

I wasn't looking to pick a fight. Surprisingly enough, I was wanting to talk and read about football. I know, the gall of some people, wanting to talk and read about football on a football message board.

JohnRossEwing provided a link with predictions. That particular article has 10 wins predicted for us. I would say that is encouraging.

I wasn't looking to pick a fight. Surprisingly enough, I was wanting to talk and read about football. I know, the gall of some people, wanting to talk and read about football on a football message board.

JohnRossEwing provided a link with predictions. That particular article has 10 wins predicted for us. I would say that is encouraging.
That link started out with 7.5 wins...when they updated it they bounced it to 10.

I think there was a pretty good football discussion going on till the usual suspects showed up.

There's a big difference between a bad D-line and a young D-line.
It is fair to say that having a young D-line does not mean it will be bad. However, more times than not being young in the trenches means they are going to struggle even if there are guys with a bright future. I saw how your D-line looked in your spring game. Physically they didn't look ready as a whole. The good news is they aren't playing a game tomorrow but where they are now can't just be covered up with creative coaching.

Reactions: newAD
It is fair to say that having a young D-line does not mean it will be bad. However, more times than not being young in the trenches means they are going to struggle even if there are guys with a bright future. I saw how your D-line looked in your spring game. Physically they didn't look ready as a whole. The good news is they aren't playing a game tomorrow but where they are now can't just be covered up with creative coaching.

Very fair and objective ^^^.

Why can our recruits understand the complete and utter dumpster fire Riley got thrown into by taking this job??? Yet some Husker fans refuse to add one and one together. Riley's coaching and mentoring kept us from going nuclear last year and we could of won 10 to 11 games despite the whirlwind of crap!

How do you know the recruits understand that? Did they tell you that? You see, you just throw things out like comparing 83 to 84 - have you also compared the stats for those years? The 1983 D wasn't in the 100's for most categories like this D was. And you predict Urban is about to lose his bowels over playing against a Riley team. Sheez where did you come up with that? I never met a coach who was afraid of another coach or team, never, and certainly not Urban. How long do you really think this D will hold up if the D line is not efficient and all the pressure goes on the back seven? Not long but let's not talk facts. Oh that is right, they are going to be athletic and play fast - there is the answer. Yes, Riley inherited a mess, can't whitewash that but that does NOT account for all of the losses last year. Say what you want but 6-7 is in fact 6-7 with essentially the same players we have this year plus four who went to the NFL. I know you like to pump the sunshine based on feelings but there is reality involved and I reserve judgment on players until they actually play and coaches until they win consistently. Up until that time, spinning all the glorious stories you want doesn't make for a better record. This has nothing to do with the past regime, that is ancient history, it has to do with this coaching staff and what they put on the field. Pure and simple.

We (probably) won't beat tOSU this year. That's fine. All I want to see is overall improvement. There's no reason for our secondary to be as bad as last year. Our linebackers should be better. Our DL should be worse at the beginning of the year -- but possibly as good toward the end. Honestly, that's all you can really ask given the situation.

That and for the love of god not going 3-7 in games closer than 8 points. flip that record and people are pretty darn happy.

Honestly... people should be zeroing in on oregon, not tOSU. If we beat oregon our west coast recruiting explodes -- having beaten 2 of the top 4 programs in the west in our last 4 games. if we beat tOSU people probably think it's a fluke. that oregon game is much, much more important in the short term IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: gw2kpro
I think there was a pretty good football discussion going on till the usual suspects showed up.

That is bull and you know it. That is not football, it is your pie in the sky, feel good, warm fuzzy feeling for yourself. After reading the other stuff you wrote I rest my case on everything. You have proven every point I could ever make.

That is bull and you know it. That is not football, it is your pie in the sky, feel good, warm fuzzy feeling for yourself. After reading the other stuff you wrote I rest my case on everything. You have proven every point I could ever make.

Yeah, the discussion derailed when someone declared that a coach with 3 National Championships is crapping his pants about facing a career .500 coach.

If you really are a supporter why all the negativity towards Nebraska and Riley??? I'm just glad some of you aren't in charge of recruiting. Seriously, you sound exactly like the old staff who spent more time badmouth Nebraska then actually recruiting.

Michigan State lost to two teams last year... the National Champions and Nebraska. The mighty Buckeyes lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT