ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half Game Thread!

yg3KJ_s-200x150.gif

Is that not roughing the kicker because the ball was tipped? Looked like their edge guy took the kicker out.

Are you hoping they lose? Honest question....

Great question. I honestly do not hope Nebraska loses. It should be obvious. I do, however, think Mike Riley was and still is a terrible coach and I disagree with Eichorst on many levels. I believe Nebraska (and certain fans) have their head in the sand and are unable to forecast and adequately analyize this football team and are more than happy letting this dumb coach continue. This is a horrible football team in year three. We're better than this but apparently some folks are ok with that.

Thanks for the question.

Is that not roughing the kicker because the ball was tipped? Looked like their edge guy took the kicker out.
So glad I'm at work and not watching this.
26 passes in the first half against NIU????
I had held out hope against all logic/facts that MR could work out. It's not going to work out........
The first half against Oregon wasn't an outlier......

How many assistants does a head coach get to fire, before we realize that maybe the head coach is the issue? Riley's a good guy but he is a career loser, and losing becomes a habit.
Oh don't get me wrong...Riley sucks. But somebody has to coach unfortunately.

So here we are again! How did we get here? Narrowly beating Ark St. Embarrasing and sloppy game at Oregon. Now losing by two TDs to NIU with another sloppy performance by our third year coached team under Riley.
Please show me how Riley is the man for the job. He is losing this team and more fan support each week. Clearly another year on Riley's contract by Eichorst only proves the head office is just as blind.

Are the fans still holding their red balloons? First time in 10 years we've been shut-out in the first half - and it comes against a directional school that finished 5-7 last year.

Fans booing, deservedly so. Piss poor product presented to fans & they know it.
Sorry to disrupt the narrative, but as far as I could tell in the stands, most people were booing the (all too common) terrible officiating at the end of the half. Not happy with the game, but we should have had four opportunities to score from the two yard line.

How many assistants does a head coach get to fire, before we realize that maybe the head coach is the issue? Riley's a good guy but he is a career loser, and losing becomes a habit.
No more. Blo replaced way too many as well. This is all on the Head coach and the guy who hired him

can't pass block for a qb who has lead feet and is inconsistent in getting the ball to inconsistent receivers. keep it between the tackles and keep it within reach...heres hoping the 2nd half is better.

Are the fans still holding their red balloons? First time in 10 years we've been shut-out in the first half - and it comes against a directional school that finished 5-7 last year.
Shut out because it's apparently now legal to tackle a receiver as the ball is coming to him. Not to mention, they've been hanging all over our receivers all game long, with zero penalties to show for it.

So if we don't pull this game out, we have to win 5 against the following to be bowl eligible...

Rutgers
@ Illinois
Wisconsin
Ohio State
@ Purdue
Northwestern
@ Minnesota
@ Penn State
Iowa

Robert Smith had it right-- what is our offensive game plan and identity? Not the stable of running backs that we were told it would be. One RB touched the ball. Not a ball control passing game. No deep balls. And the offensive line? I agree we have talented recruits in the system but they are not being developed and/or on the field. Who are we?

Like giving up 400 plus to one running back in 3 quarters
Seriously, can we give it a rest.
Bo and Riley WERE BOTH TERRIBLE COACHING HIRES. Different reasons why they suck, but they both suck.
NU has the resources/tradition to average 8 wins a year just with average coaching.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
I can only hope the Huskers pull this out and HCMR sees that he can save face by sending in his resignation. We deserve better than this.

Reactions: Wasker77
1. Two interceptions. Lee lacks confidence or the smarts to throw a pass in those situations.
2. D P-E. Punt retuning.First he doesn't catch it, then he doesn't call a fair catch and almost gets killed and then he almost loses it. Is he the best the Huskers have for punt returns/
3. Coaching Quarterback throws into double coverage, no one in to protect the statuesque Lee (fullback or H-back) and the most simple showing of lack of organization having to call a TO on 3rd and 1 because they can't get the right personnel in on time. Lack of focus by the players. They don't play with a sense of urgency. Bad coaching

The Big Ten teams are going to bury the Huskers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT