ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half Game Thread!

Seriously, can we give it a rest.
Bo and Riley WERE BOTH TERRIBLE COACHING HIRES. Different reasons why they suck, but they both suck.
NU has the resources/tradition to average 8 wins a year just with average coaching.
Oh I thought you should just endlessly bitch and whine.... my bad. I will let the experts here decide

Bo and Riley WERE BOTH TERRIBLE COACHING HIRES.

CORRECTION: Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley were terrible hires. The first was a high school coach with no control over his assistants, the second was a pro O-line coach with no concept how to run a college program, the third was a hot-head D-line coach with no idea how to recruit, and the fourth is a 70-year old nice guy who has never won anywhere he has coached. And the salaries have just gotten bigger and bigger and bigger, with worse results.

Bo and Riley WERE BOTH TERRIBLE COACHING HIRES. Different reasons why they suck, but they both suck.
NU has the resources/tradition to average 8 wins a year just with average coaching.

Bo was not a horrible hire, Bo just fell apart after we moved to the Big Ten. From 08-12 Bo has us in the conference title game 3 of 5 years, and shared the division title in the one other year and 2nd in the other. Bo needed to move on, no argument there, but to call him a horrible hire or to lump him with Riley is wrong.

So Bo must've exceeded your expectations by averaging 9 games a year then.

Solich was Tom's pick, Callahan was in a super bowl and Pelini was a on a National Championship staff. A reason why you might hire them, somebody tell me why Riley was even looked at. And don't say because he is a nice guy.

ADVERTISEMENT