ADVERTISEMENT

1st Half Bowl Thread

All tackles must be with the shoulder or forearms, between the bottom of the numbers and the belt. Or maybe we should go to two hand touch below the waist.
How is face mask not reviewable, especially if the focus is on player safety????? The ucla defender should be kicked out, not Gerry

Reactions: RedSea
What the **** would that prove? It was upheld in the booth. It was horrible, but no way to argue it beside getting a stupid penalty to put the other team in very favorable field position, and hurting your team. I knew some IDIOT would make this claim.

Bro...you are the idiot...but you knew that because you are going to respond

What the **** would that prove? It was upheld in the booth. It was horrible, but no way to argue it beside getting a stupid penalty to put the other team in very favorable field position, and hurting your team. I knew some IDIOT would make this claim.
Exactly. Riley was pretty clearly exasperated by the call, but what would going off on the ref and getting a penalty, likely putting them in great position for launching a few into the end zone help. He handled it well, nothing to do but shake your head and move on.

Reactions: newAD
Exactly. Riley was pretty clearly exasperated by the call, but what would going off on the ref and getting a penalty, likely putting them in great position for launching a few into the end zone help. He handled it well, nothing to do but shake your head and move on.

Here is the thing...a guy like Riley who never really freaks out...can freak out right there and probably get about 2-3 calls later on.

Only partially agree. You can make a FIRM point without drawing a penalty. At some point the coach needs to take a stand and let the refs know you are not going to keep taking this crap. It can be done without going off like Pelini

Nobody's asking him to "go Pelini" on the refs, but for God's sake show a little bit of passion instead of just standing there smiling and laughing. You have to fight for your players sometimes if you're going to win them over.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Only partially agree. You can make a FIRM point without drawing a penalty. At some point the coach needs to take a stand and let the refs know you are not going to keep taking this crap. It can be done without going off like Pelini

I got a text from a friend at the game and said that Riley did get on the ref pretty hard after that. Thing is, we just don't see it anymore because there isn't a camera dedicated to tell coach on the sideline.

I don't know, he just lost his safety against a pass happy team. I think it might be time to throw a bit of a fit.

ADVERTISEMENT