ADVERTISEMENT

130 ex-Husker baseball players on hand..

Hoosker Du

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2001
to watch Nebraska lay another egg at the plate. I just watched two of the ugliest swings I've ever seen by a college baseball player when Mojo Hagge was at the plate. Good grief that was hideous.

Reactions: ssmill777
to watch Nebraska lay another egg at the plate. I just watched two of the ugliest swings I've ever seen by a college baseball player when Mojo Hagge was at the plate. Good grief that was hideous.
Yep, to see a loss. Just like men's BB, I'm out until a change. And to think, I used to have 6season tickets up in the 300 level. Loved going to games, but saw the handwriting on the wall under the Anderson years.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Not to be outdone, Husker pitchers are now getting shelled. 3-run dinger. Now 12-2 ASU.

I fully expect a decisive sweep by ASU. Nice work Erstdud.

Sad thing is, I was really encouraged by Mojo his freshman year here. I saw him play in high school and the kid was a gamer. He hasn’t improved at all here. In fact he may have regressed. It seems like a common theme for players under Erstad.

As expected, the magical 12-hit game 3 against Northwestern has not "carried over" at the plateSick

And pitching is bad tonight too, but tip of the hat to ASU for being good.

As expected, the magical 12-hit game 3 against Northwestern has not "carried over" at the plateSick

And pitching is bad tonight too, but tip of the hat to ASU for being good.

The most hits and HRs given up in any game this season.

Maybe we can out-hit and out-score them?
tenor.gif

Yep, to see a loss. Just like men's BB, I'm out until a change. And to think, I used to have 6season tickets up in the 300 level. Loved going to games, but saw the handwriting on the wall under the Anderson years.
Think you can add Rhonda Revelle the softball coach.her and DE can find new employment, pretty ugly season for both

Perhaps this will open Erstads eyes that having some power bats in the lineup is not a bad thing. Probably wishful thinking.

He will do his best this offseason to find as little speed and power as possible.

Even with a coaching change, it would take a few years to turn the baseball team around. And how many quality players are going to come play in the B1G? The future for Neb. baseball is bleak!

Perhaps this will open Erstads eyes that having some power bats in the lineup is not a bad thing. Probably wishful thinking.

He will do his best this offseason to find as little speed and power as possible.
Hopefully Luke Boynton makes it here. He’s got a big bat. Last I saw he had 18 or 19 home runs in Georgia.

Looking forward to the B1G Tournament in Omaha.

The Hawkeyes are coming and they are locked and loaded.

Coach Heller, Rick, this is your sixth season here, and the sixth time your Hawkeyes have won at least 30 games. That nice, even, successful number was achieved with a 7-5 survival of Michigan State at Duane Banks Field.

These are salad days for Iowa baseball, whatever that means. And they might not even be salad days, since Heller has his sights set on even bigger things than regular appearances in the Big Ten Conference tournament and regular trips to the NCAA regionals.

You know, it’s that College World Series thing. But, still, that this group, in particular, has achieved 30 wins and counting is very good.

Looking forward to the B1G Tournament in Omaha.

The Hawkeyes are coming and they are locked and loaded.

Coach Heller, Rick, this is your sixth season here, and the sixth time your Hawkeyes have won at least 30 games. That nice, even, successful number was achieved with a 7-5 survival of Michigan State at Duane Banks Field.

These are salad days for Iowa baseball, whatever that means. And they might not even be salad days, since Heller has his sights set on even bigger things than regular appearances in the Big Ten Conference tournament and regular trips to the NCAA regionals.

You know, it’s that College World Series thing. But, still, that this group, in particular, has achieved 30 wins and counting is very good.

Uh yeah, it's that CWS thing. That thing that we've been to twice and Iowa has never come close to making. Yes, we're very familiar with it.

Uh yeah, it's that CWS thing. That thing that we've been to twice and Iowa has never come close to making. Yes, we're very familiar with it.
Just like playing in a national championship football game or volleyball or men’s gymnastics women’s track and field and just for good measure throw in women’s bowling. Hell Iowa’s lone bright spot and they used to bring it up was wrestling. Now what has happened is one of their own is coaching penn st and Iowa doesn’t even have wrestling to brag about. Guess they’ll have to rely on bragging about all there big 10 trophy game wins they have

Sorry Du Iowa has made the CWS once and with our coaching staff return visits are right around the corner, Nebraska not so much.

Sorry Du Iowa has made the CWS once and with our coaching staff return visits are right around the corner, Nebraska not so much.
I think Heller is a fine coach and Iowa is fortunate to have him. But do you want to bet 1000 bucks on Iowa being in the CWS in the next 3-4 years? I mean if “return visits” are right around the corner, this should be easy money.

Reactions: scarletred

First you have to win a regional and if you accomplish that you have to win a Super Regional...

You just don’t walk into the CWS after the B1G tournament..:cool:

Reactions: Baxter48

Perhaps it’s time to remind people - again - that in the last 34 years there has only been one big ten team qualify for the CWS. It is not a major conference. So I would say that no visits to the CWS are right around the corner -and that applies to the entire conference.

Is this the same fan base that loves to scold Nebraska fans for living in the past?

That same bunch of trolling blowhards is going to act like Iowa is a fixture in the CWS because they made it once when Nixon was president?

Reactions: scarletred
Is this the same fan base that loves to scold Nebraska fans for living in the past?

That same bunch of trolling blowhards is going to act like Iowa is a fixture in the CWS because they made it once when Nixon was president?

Too be fair, in 1972 they had to go thru murderers row of Bowling Green, Northern Illinois, and Central Mich to get to Omaha.

The same ones that used to (recently) give such a least amount of craps about baseball as they could that they asked fans to return foul and homerun balls during home games or else they'd run out.

Our ceiling is higher than yours that's for sure.

Nebraska’s history of baseball success with the CWS appearances became irrelevant when it joined the big ten. The big 12 is an elite baseball conference. The big ten is analogous to the MAC in football. Nebraska, rather than recruiting kids to play in an elite conference are now recruiting to the big ten. Elite college baseball players aren’t going to play in the big ten -

Nebraska had a higher ceiling that’s for sure. We need a better coach to take advantage of it though.

We have arguably the best baseball facilities in the conference, we just need a new Head Coach leading us in different direction...

Wow, watching #4 Arkansas in the process of sweeping #17 LSU on ESPN2 makes me really sad to see where our program is right now. They are discussing the new baseball complex they will be building in Fayetteville. They already have an amazing baseball stadium, but will be building state of the art facilities there too.

To think what Dave Van Horn would do to the B1G teams is comical. We would win the B1G every year, and would rarely lose a game in conference. I know, there is no way Van Horn would have stayed to coach in the B1G, even if he wouldn't have gone home to Arkansas.

Moos needs to aim much higher than what Erstad is putting on the field. We can do so, even in the B1G.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT