ADVERTISEMENT

1 Score Loss Next Week?

We needed to beat MSU or Maryland to get bowl eligible. We never win in Madison and Iowa has a great defense. Don’t see us beating Iowa especially since our own defense seems suddenly tired and worn down. Those arm tackles are a sure sign of fatigue. Or maybe even a demoralized defense. Who could blame them?

We had our chance to get bowl eligible and pissed it down our legs. Iowa will beat us. Purdy will not be able to do much against their defense. Our offensive line will be awful yet again.

Yeah, I don't want us throwing the ball all over the place. Iowa is missing plenty on offense so we'll keep that locked down.
On defense they've stayed healthy with the exception of DeJean. That's good for us since he is probably their best talent.
We should pick on whoever replaces DeJean.
I would like to see us block a punt. Their punter is their MVP (co-MVP with DeJean?) and we need to find a way to get inside his head.
This game is exactly the type of game that Lt. Kirk struggles with.
We can do this (and by "we" I mean me blackmailing the refs).
LET'S DO THIS!!!!!
I will respectfully say about our corners #27 Harris served a suspension for 2 games at the start of the year and was replaced by #8 Lee who actually played very well and played well last week. A lot of us Iowa fans feel Harris only replaced him when eligible because of the Kirk Ferentz Union program.

The only way to beat them is to run the ball the entire game with the most sure handed people we have. Throwing the ball more than 5-10 times will be a loss for sure. One scoring drive may be enough, run it and punt…. That being said, we won’t do any of that so it won’t matter…
19 yard punts isn’t going to cut it and you know it’s going to happen on Friday!

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
We needed to beat MSU or Maryland to get bowl eligible. We never win in Madison and Iowa has a great defense. Don’t see us beating Iowa especially since our own defense seems suddenly tired and worn down. Those arm tackles are a sure sign of fatigue. Or maybe even a demoralized defense. Who could blame them?

We had our chance to get bowl eligible and pissed it down our legs. Iowa will beat us. Purdy will not be able to do much against their defense. Our offensive line will be awful yet again.

Yeah, I have some pretty serious concerns about their defense. It took Wisconsin a whole 2 series to see what our Purdy offense looked like and make the necessary adjustments on the fly to essentially shut it down. Iowa, whose defense is already much better than Wisconsin's (#7 total defense vs. #36), has a whole game of tape and a week to prepare.

A lot of fixation on the decision to play for OT last night. But that game was lost on special teams. Missed FG, 18 yard punt setting up a FG, gave up a long punt return, not laying out to block a punt when untouched to the punter.
Yep

Reactions: headcard

I share the same thoughts on this one.

Maybe if White is gone, the Defense will play lights out once more for him? Our Offense will have a tough time against the best Defense since Michigan. Their Special Teams is light years ahead of ours. It will be close for a little bit but it will turn on an Iowa Special Teams play.

I think…
Iowa 17 (TD from Special Teams, TD from Defensive INT or fumble)
Nebraska 7

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I will respectfully say about our corners #27 Harris served a suspension for 2 games at the start of the year and was replaced by #8 Lee who actually played very well and played well last week. A lot of us Iowa fans feel Harris only replaced him when eligible because of the Kirk Ferentz Union program.
Illinois went after Lee relentlessly last week and had some pretty good success.

My fear is Iowa has a complete and legit National Title winning defense. Their front 4 play outstanding football. Nothing we have seen yet this year.

Our OL will get completely dominated up front.

We could've should've beat a lot of weak teams in the West this year, but Iowa's D is a completely different animal.
Ummm, penitentuary state laughs at this. Iowa has a great defense when paired up with the usual skill less teams they play.

Reactions: king_kong_
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce
He's a thinker.

Yeah, I have some pretty serious concerns about their defense. It took Wisconsin a whole 2 series to see what our Purdy offense looked like and make the necessary adjustments on the fly to essentially shut it down. Iowa, whose defense is already much better than Wisconsin's (#7 total defense vs. #36), has a whole game of tape and a week to prepare.
Yea

The scramble the second you get the snap play only worked once

He’ll have to play quarterback on Friday if we’re going to have a chance

Hopefully Satterfield catches something from the kids at thanksgiving and can’t make it. Maybe someone with a brain can call handoffs

I heard it's going to be pretty windy on Friday.

If true, it will be all about who can run the damn ball and winning the turnover battle.

Even though it will most likely be low scoring, if you love defense you are pumped for this game.

Me? I'm pumped for this game.

:)

My fear is Iowa has a complete and legit National Title winning defense. Their front 4 play outstanding football. Nothing we have seen yet this year.

Our OL will get completely dominated up front.

We could've should've beat a lot of weak teams in the West this year, but Iowa's D is a completely different animal.
Agree 100%. They know how to win and they will be up to kick our ass in memorial stadium after last year plus betting line -2.5 is more bulletin board material for them

I share the same thoughts on this one.

Maybe if White is gone, the Defense will play lights out once more for him? Our Offense will have a tough time against the best Defense since Michigan. Their Special Teams is light years ahead of ours. It will be close for a little bit but it will turn on an Iowa Special Teams play.

I think…
Iowa 17 (TD from Special Teams, TD from Defensive INT or fumble)
Nebraska 7
Unfortunately agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT