ADVERTISEMENT

1 Score Loss Next Week?

zrob

Walk On
May 22, 2005
Our Huskers have lost 4 games by a total of 16 points this year. In the last 5 years they've had 24 one score losses by a total of 138 points (5.75 per game). I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they'll lose by 8 or less against Iowa.
What a painful & pathetic 5 years it's been.
😞

We're 4-2 at home and 1-4 away. Last week I wasn't optimistic about our chances vs Iowa, but Purdy's overall play yesterday has changed that for me. I think we have a good chance of beating Iowa by 7+ at home.

It HAS been a painful & pathetic 5 years. Getting bowl eligible at home, on Senior Day, would certainly erase a lot of the funk we're in.

Memorial Stadium will be ROCKIN' next Friday.

We're 4-2 at home and 1-4 away. Last week I wasn't optimistic about our chances vs Iowa, but Purdy's overall play yesterday has changed that for me. I think we have a good chance of beating Iowa by 7+ at home.

It HAS been a painful & pathetic 5 years. Getting bowl eligible at home, on Senior Day, would certainly erase a lot of the funk we're in.

Friday will be a blast! I wish the start time was just a bit later but still...

Two teams fighting to get a bowl bid, one team (Iowa) that obsesses over NU and constantly posts here. It will be fun.

Two teams fighting to get a bowl bid

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Hope you’re right that the stadium is rocking, but there is a ton of apathy in the fan base right now. Couple that with a high around 33 degrees, we could see a lot of empty seats and quiet crowd

Hope you’re right that the stadium is rocking, but there is a ton of apathy in the fan base right now. Couple that with a high around 33 degrees, we could see a lot of empty seats and quiet crowd
Yeah, students are on break (WIsky was like missing an entire section)
Friday is a weird day, the time sucks. I could see it being sparse.

I got 4 tickets for the game and me and my friends are sort of 50/50 if we want to go or not.

No one is beating Iowa by 7+ unless it Michigan or Penn State or Ohio State. Please share what makes you think we have a good chance of doing that?

My fear is Iowa has a complete and legit National Title winning defense. Their front 4 play outstanding football. Nothing we have seen yet this year.

Our OL will get completely dominated up front.

We could've should've beat a lot of weak teams in the West this year, but Iowa's D is a completely different animal.

The only way to beat them is to run the ball the entire game with the most sure handed people we have. Throwing the ball more than 5-10 times will be a loss for sure. One scoring drive may be enough, run it and punt…. That being said, we won’t do any of that so it won’t matter…

I have no idea what will happen Friday.

But I do know that both teams strengths (defense) is going against each teams weakness (offense).
Turnovers, big plays and field position will be the difference.

Pick the under which I saw opened at 29.5. Spread opened at Iowa -1.

No idea what is going to happen come Friday.

We have to have a great week of practice. Make sure everyones' heads are squared away.

Need absolutely 100% physical ass football and stuff that Hawkeye like the bird from Thanksgiving.

My fear is Iowa has a complete and legit National Title winning defense. Their front 4 play outstanding football. Nothing we have seen yet this year.

Our OL will get completely dominated up front.

We could've should've beat a lot of weak teams in the West this year, but Iowa's D is a completely different animal.
What?

We held Illinois to less points than they did...on the road.

I think a lot of people here would be very pleased with a 1 score loss on Friday

Will really give us hope going into the off-season

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic and c3o

Who was our quarterback against Iowa last year it seems to me Casey Thompson got hurt late in the year and did not play in the Iowa game. The only one I can think of that would’ve played in his place is Purdy.

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
Who was our quarterback against Iowa last year it seems to me Casey Thompson got hurt late in the year and did not play in the Iowa game. The only one I can think of that would’ve played in his place is Purdy.
Thompson

Casey Thompson. Our running backs completely whiffed. We depended on his throwing solely for scores. Grant had 14 carries for 6 yards, with a long run of....6 yards. Like last night we were making it look easy then shut down but was able to hang on that time.

The only way to beat them is to run the ball the entire game with the most sure handed people we have. Throwing the ball more than 5-10 times will be a loss for sure. One scoring drive may be enough, run it and punt…. That being said, we won’t do any of that so it won’t matter…
Yeah, I don't want us throwing the ball all over the place. Iowa is missing plenty on offense so we'll keep that locked down.
On defense they've stayed healthy with the exception of DeJean. That's good for us since he is probably their best talent.
We should pick on whoever replaces DeJean.
I would like to see us block a punt. Their punter is their MVP (co-MVP with DeJean?) and we need to find a way to get inside his head.
This game is exactly the type of game that Lt. Kirk struggles with.
We can do this (and by "we" I mean me blackmailing the refs).
LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

The only way the Hawks win by 10-14 is if we pitch a shutout because 10-14 is our ceiling for points against your defense.

If Iowa scores more than 14 I’d damn near guarantee the win.
Quite true. We will give you 10-14 on turnovers, however

The only way the Hawks win by 10-14 is if we pitch a shutout because 10-14 is our ceiling for points against your defense.

If Iowa scores more than 14 I’d damn near guarantee the win.

We give away 7-10 points per game via TO's, and Iowa offense will break a couple of long runs - our defense is starting to give a few of those every game. I would be shocked to see the Huskers win. I'd say 21-10 Hawks. Losing faith in Rule and Satt.

Smoked them? Nebraska won by 7 24-17. Yes got out to a 24-0 lead but tried to pi$$ it away just like usual
Yeah, that was one of those games that the final score wasn’t a reflection of the actual game. We were up 17 with less than 7 minutes left to play. We could have run streaks to Palmer all night long but got conservative at the end, you guys scored garbage points to make it close on a quick 10 points, but we got back to being serious and won the game with most of the game being without question.

Yeah, that was one of those games that the final score wasn’t a reflection of the actual game. We were up 17 with less than 7 minutes left to play. We could have run streaks to Palmer all night long but got conservative at the end, you guys scored garbage points to make it close on a quick 10 points, but we got back to being serious and won the game with most of the game being without question.
“You guys” ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT