ADVERTISEMENT

1 More Win

To match last years win total.
We’re still bad but we are improving

There is nobody who can look at this team and say we aren't vastly better coached than we were last year.

Also, Rhule and team are working with the players we have and the Michigan model of top 25 defense and ball control works at Nebraska. It also works at Michigan.

Frost team loses this game in the 4th quarter 95% of the time.

There is nobody who can look at this team and say we aren't vastly better coached than we were last year.

Also, Rhule and team are working with the players we have and the Michigan model of top 25 defense and ball control works at Nebraska. It also works at Michigan.

Frost team loses this game in the 4th quarter 95% of the time.
I’m still conditioned to expect a Frost coached team to somehow blow this game. Get a punt blocked, fail to field a kick-off, tuen it over in your own red zone…that kind of stuff.

Maybe this team learned a little bit about how to win tonight.

Well...maybe I'm nobody, but there is nothing to indicate to me we are "vastly" better as far as coaching. Stupid penalties still happen all the time. The game management before half was horrible. Snapping the ball late in the game with 6, 8, 12 seconds on the clock was what junior high teams do. Moving away from what was working cost us the Minnesota game. S&C this spring/summer seemed to lean the players up, and make them look more like athletes. But the unbelievable number of injuries we have had since before camp shows me Campbell May be in over his head. We have players dropping like flies, why the hell is that???

@Husker.Wed. you replied wrong, but here is my response to your response..

We are 3-3 with a legitimate chance to hit 6 wins and compete for B10 West if luck comes our way, and our offense absolutely ****ing sucks.
We will end this year with a top 15-20 defense in the country, a top 10 rushing defense given our upcoming opponents. Our coaches, on defense at least, make adjustments after the first quarter, and they actually work.
We have massive injuries on both defense and offense. Our O-line is atrocious, we have a QB who should be a tight-end, does his best, but his passing is atrocious.
Rhule is running a brand of football, that for the first time in 20 years actually works at Nebraska. It's similar to what Harbaugh is doing at Michigan, and they would be my pick to win the NC.
We are a Riley Leonard, JJ McCarthy, Jordan Travis, etc. QB away from being 6-1 right now. That includes a shitty O-line.
Should I go on....?

@Husker.Wed. you replied wrong, but here is my response to your response..

We are 3-3 with a legitimate chance to hit 6 wins and compete for B10 West if luck comes our way, and our offense absolutely ****ing sucks.
We will end this year with a top 15-20 defense in the country, a top 10 rushing defense given our upcoming opponents. Our coaches, on defense at least, make adjustments after the first quarter, and they actually work.
We have massive injuries on both defense and offense. Our O-line is atrocious, we have a QB who should be a tight-end, does his best, but his passing is atrocious.
Rhule is running a brand of football, that for the first time in 20 years actually works at Nebraska. It's similar to what Harbaugh is doing at Michigan, and they would be my pick to win the NC.
We are a Riley Leonard, JJ McCarthy, Jordan Travis, etc. QB away from being 6-1 right now. That includes a shitty O-line.
Should I go on....?
It's more on the oline than HH. McCarthy would be out for the season already if he played behind our line lol

It's more on the oline than HH. McCarthy would be out for the season already if he played behind our line lol
3 4* transfers last two years

All started multiple games. 4-10 with them.

Haarberg beats NW in 2 weeks he’ll have matched their combined win total in just 5 starts

Way better coaching this year, defense is especially noticeable. We are going to win at least 2 more.

I expect Rhule to repeat what he has done at other stops and year 3 should be a blast.

Just hoping that he bucks his MO of moving on after completing a restoration project.

Way better coaching this year, defense is especially noticeable. We are going to win at least 2 more.

I expect Rhule to repeat what he has done at other stops and year 3 should be a blast.

Just hoping that he bucks his MO of moving on after completing a restoration project.
No Nebraska head coach or coordinator has ever left for a “better job”

Literally none

Reactions: TOMHP and Sinomatic

Literally none
Frank turned down 2 head coaching jobs. He didn’t leave but he could have. Jay Norvell moved laterally to escape a toxic situation.during Callahan’s tenure then became a head coach.

Reactions: king_kong_
Frank turned down 2 head coaching jobs. He didn’t leave but he could have. Jay Norvell moved laterally to escape a toxic situation.during Callahan’s tenure then became a head coach.
TO turned down offers, too. I expect Rhule will do the same should the demand for his services reach that point.

Norvell is an interesting one and the only coordinator to make such a move

Literally none
You're right. I thought Fielding Yost left Nebraska for Michigan, but in fact went to Kansas then Stanford then Michigan.

Of course, "better" is subjective but we know what better means don't we?

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT