ADVERTISEMENT

“Baby Mahomes?”

Ki11ersker45

Walk On
Dec 3, 2023
BFE
I get the likeness and the nod to Patrick for the similarities etc., but now Fox is broadcasting the Nebraska and Indiana game as “Baby Mahomes Dylan Raiola and Nebraska take on Indiana” bla bla bla.

Should Nebraska continue to ride this coat tail, or is someone on the “Mahomes” side going to start getting upset with this, specifically new “baby mahomes?” 😏

The networks will stop with the Mahomes comparisons if DR's play & numbers don't regularly live up to the hype.

I'm embracing anything if it will put a stop to the, "Is Nebraska back with this win?"

If I say “No”, will the Networks stop doing it?

Aside from that, I can’t imagine why anyone would object to DR trying to model his play after Mahomes - whether he goes out of his way to do it or whether it is the natural result of both players using the same trainer.

Seems like DR is having fun with it by mimicking some of Mahomes celebrations - I’m sure that annoys the hell out of some curmudgeons who bitch about everything.

Lots of loser podcast and 'influencer' bros out there love to lean into this stupid narrative for clicks or views and the usual hundreds of husker fans who comment and drive their interactions. Best thing for husker fans to do is to just ignore it.

Which leads me to my next question? Why does”Klatt” think we don’t have someone on the “outside” for DR to go to? We have plenty of guys to line up there and go 1:1 with a DB, like Banks, Lloyd, Barney, Neyor, right?

Which leads me to my next question? Why does”Klatt” think we don’t have someone on the “outside” for DR to go to? We have plenty of guys to line up there and go 1:1 with a DB, like Banks, Lloyd, Barney, Neyor, right?
I think he's referring to Banks/Neyor who have not done much the last 2 games and also can't separate in man coverage and don't win too many 50/50 balls despite being giants.

None have gotten enough separation so far to really show DR's arm strength.

Think Marvin Harrison Jr and then look at Nebraska's roster. Klatt is saying Nebraska doesn't have a difference maker that can create separation simply running past DBs. Nebraska's top WRs are good but they don't run crisp routes and do not create separation.

Think Marvin Harrison Jr and then look at Nebraska's roster. Klatt is saying Nebraska doesn't have a difference maker that can create separation simply running past DBs. Nebraska's top WRs are good but they don't run crisp routes and do not create separation.
100% The routes are frustrating by Banks & Neyor consistently. I'm sure the others are the same. Maybe I'm wrong but they seem to round off everything.

Reactions: leodisflowers
If I say “No”, will the Networks stop doing it?

Aside from that, I can’t imagine why anyone would object to DR trying to model his play after Mahomes - whether he goes out of his way to do it or whether it is the natural result of both players using the same trainer.

Seems like DR is having fun with it by mimicking some of Mahomes celebrations - I’m sure that annoys the hell out of some curmudgeons who bitch about everything.
It’s more now the “Baby Mahomes” comparison that doesn’t have a good ring to it .

I'm looking forward to the day when Raiola gets annoyed enough at the constant comparisons that he shaves his head and wears different sunglasses and does a different pregame celebration to the fans. I imagine it has to get old for him haha.

5d18f15dbb2cd.image.jpg

I'm looking forward to the day when Raiola gets annoyed enough at the constant comparisons that he shaves his head and wears different sunglasses and does a different pregame celebration to the fans. I imagine it has to get old for him haha.
Maybe? We’ll find out here in a year or two..

this is far from my favorite thing

but I care much more about winning than cosplay

DR can go full Buffalo Bill in his dungeon before games so long as we win

The networks will stop with the Mahomes comparisons if DR's play & numbers don't regularly live up to the hype.

I'm embracing anything if it will put a stop to the, "Is Nebraska back with this win?"
He's working on getting rid of the media...

Raiola's completion percentage per game:

70.4% UTEP
76.7% Colorado
73.9% UNI
68.6% Illinois
63.0% Purdue
48.1% Rutgers

He's working on getting rid of the media...

Raiola's completion percentage per game:

70.4% UTEP
76.7% Colorado
73.9% UNI
68.6% Illinois (More man coverage)
63.0% Purdue (more man coverage)
48.1% Rutgers (40mph winds) Rutger's QB was also in the mid 40's % wise
Fixed it for you. I bet DR is north of 68% tomorrow. They play way more zone than they do man.

I get the likeness and the nod to Patrick for the similarities etc., but now Fox is broadcasting the Nebraska and Indiana game as “Baby Mahomes Dylan Raiola and Nebraska take on Indiana” bla bla bla.

Should Nebraska continue to ride this coat tail, or is someone on the “Mahomes” side going to start getting upset with this, specifically new “baby mahomes?” 😏

Nebraska has nothing to do with it. The media trying to get views/attention by using Mahomes popularity.

Reactions: GaRed
No, by the pattern over the course of several games.

I thought he played well against Purdue and especially Illinois. He did miss a big throw late against Illinois, but also had a TD pass turned INT, or he would have been over 70% again.

Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

I thought he played well against Purdue and especially Illinois. He did miss a big throw late against Illinois, but also had a TD pass turned INT, or he would have been over 70% again.
I'm not saying he's shitting the bed but Big 10 defenses are different animals. They are throwing different packages and schemes at him and his production shows. I think this is as much on Satterfield for not putting him in a better spot to succeed. 10 sacks in two of the last 3 games is on Satt and Uncle Donovan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT