ADVERTISEMENT

Would you consider

mokrycki76

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2004
hiring Joseph on a 3 year contract with no buy out. Have the contract money be somewhat on the low side with written incentives for a year 4 and or 5.
As an example pay MJ 3.5 million annually for year one. Take the savings off of SF contract (2 Million) and put that into the coaches pool of money, allowing MJ to go get better qualified assistants. Maybe add a few more dollars to the 2 million so MJ can really get the best of the best. Put a mark on the wall of 6 wins in 2023 and 7 in 2024. Show improvement and competitiveness in all games. Renegotiate the contract after year 2. We should know what the new BigT looks like after 2024.

Other incentives like winning the west, going to a New Years 6 Bowl or a national title could remain, knowing they are highly unlikely.

Downside is players want to know who their coach is. Also if MJ is not the guy we start over again.

I like MJ as a recruiter, I like how he is changing how we practice and no more touch football at practice, but I am not sure how he is going to be as the head man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News